Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2014, 17:36   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
FP3 and Qualifying are on Star Sports HD 1.

And the race will be on Star Sports 4, no HD telecast.
Old 23rd November 2014, 20:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina Circuit - Season Finale

WOW! Hamilton World Champion! Yahoo!

Super racing guys.

Poor Rosberg effected with ERS problem.
Old 23rd November 2014, 20:25   #18
BHPian

Hearty Congragulations to Lewis Hamilton.Rosberg you will get a shot at it next year,tough luck man and I doff my hat off for showing true sportsmanship spirit for going up to congratulate Hamilton. Although so much hate has been spewed against Rosberg by Hamilton fan's he has always maintained his dignity and finished with his held high,true gentleman.

Daniel Ricciardo you have had a fantastic year beating Vettel and I think rather than showing Vettel in a poor light he has just shown he is an outstanding driver.Outdrove his car's potential all year.Definitely multiple world championship material.

Hope Hamilton,Rosberg,Vettel,Ricciardo,Alonso,Bottas all have great cars next year.Should make for some stonking races.

PS:Vettel's donuts were better Lewis!

Last edited by Ascari : 23rd November 2014 at 20:53.
Ascari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2014, 20:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

A Gooner is the 2014 world champion.

Good on Nico to go to the room and congratulate his team mate. Glad to see Brundle on the podium. And well done Williams! A great podium today.

PS: Abu Dhabi is not fit for a F1 race, let alone a season finale.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2014, 20:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

I have waited 6 long years for this : ' ).
Finally a World Champion deserving the title.
HAIL KING HAMILTON.

Onto 2015!.....
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2014, 20:50   #21
BHPian

@Maky

This is what is annoying about Hamilton fans.Every world champion is deserving man.They did not play ping pong and become world championships,they have put their heart and soul into it. Don't denigrate somebody just because you are a fanboy.
Old 23rd November 2014, 20:52   #22
BHPian

Its HAMMER TIME guys. Now and for the near future !!
The rocket start decimated all chances for Nico. Hoohooohooo!!!
polopm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2014, 21:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

Happy about the way things finally turned out in the end. Hamilton beating Rosberg off the line and driving a flawless race sealed his championship. At least, Rosberg can look back at the race and think he would have lost the championship anyway irrespective of whether he finished. Nice gesture from Rosberg to say he wants to complete the race even after the team suggested to retire. An equally impressive professionalism from him in congratulating Lewis after the race.

Coming back to the race, great race from Massa - he almost won the race. Probably his best performance of the year. With the Martini sponsorship and the 3rd place in constructors, Williams should be set for a good winter break with enough development for next year to fight for championships. Bottas has the potential to be a future champion. Excellent recovery from him after a bad start to finish where he would have normally finished.

Amazing drive from Ricciardo to start from the pit lane and finish 4th - truly great stuff. If there is one non-champion driver who deserve a championship, its him. If there are two, I'd probably count Bottas in too. Rosberg and Massa would come only after that.

Button delivered a flawless race to finish 5th, much above what that McLaren was capable of. It would be a great shame if this turns out to be his last race. He deserves a much better farewell than this. I truly hope we see Alonso-Button pairing in McLaren next year. Without Button, McLaren would have been sitting at P6 in constructors behind the Force India as the worst Mercedes team.

Great effort from Perez and Hulkenberg to try to snatch that P5 in constructors.

Vettel, Alonso, Raikkonen et al were in the "also ran" category today - that is 7 WDCs between them. Vettel did a decent job to finish P8 from the pit lane start but when his team mate started behind him and finished 4th, even that is nothing extra ordinary.

Overall, some great performances from everyone in top 5 - all did an exceptional job. However, when one of them gets crowned as World champion, it has to be his day.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2014, 21:45   #24
Team-BHP Support

In the end, a well-deserved championship for Hamilton. But it would have been even better if Nico finished second or third.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2014, 22:43   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

STOP!!
HAMMER TIME!!
Oh boy, what a thrill. I saw the start and the end, but the steak off the line was sort of a clear indication that this was over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascari View Post
@Maky

This is what is annoying about Hamilton fans.Every world champion is deserving man.They did not play ping pong and become world championships,they have put their heart and soul into it. Don't denigrate somebody just because you are a fanboy.
You could have done without the first line, which is pretty annoying by itself.
Agree on the remainder, though.
Old 23rd November 2014, 22:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats to Lewis! A super drive from him. I am just wondering why he didn't really respond to Prince Harry on the radio after he was informed of the same. Prince Harry tried again to elicit a response, but it didn't work either. But I guess the deliriousness of the situation is understandable is you are Lewis.

As for Rosberg, my total respect for him. He decided to carry on with the race though he was dropping like a stone and when the team offered it to him on a platter to ensure he wasn't lapped by Lewis. And then the gesture after the race was a good sight. It wasn't the way I wanted the season to end for Nico, but well, that's that.

The others, Force India had a brilliant race today. As did Williams. The Massa charge at the end did seem a little far fetched to me, but full marks to Massa for trying.

Riccardo, what a stonking drive. This guy is true WDC material. Can't wait to see more of him.

Ferrari well, I hope Alonso finds more success in McLaren next year. The little success in the 5 years were more because of Alonso than Ferrari in my opinion. Hope Kimi gets a faster car next year. I love Ferrari!

Vettel, didn't really like him ever. But heck, he's driving in a scarlet car next year. That makes me root for him by default.

All in all, a fantastic season. I just hope the gap between the engines is bridged next year to ensure that one team doesn't run away with it as they did this year!

Onto 2015!
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2014, 23:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Well done Lewis. Deserves the WDC while Nico deserves the Quali crown. Nice to see he decided the title himself before turn one and made Nico's technical fault irrelevant
Old 24th November 2014, 10:26   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Superb win by Hamilton! Leading the drag race at the beginning sealed it, what a beautiful start. He shot off so much that I thought he jumped the lights or something. Nico must be cursing himself for his poor start. Hamilton usually succumbs to pressure, but he handled it well yesterday. Was looking forward to a fight between the two...if not for the championship, at least for a race victory. Nico's mechanical problems ended that dream.

Hamilton won 11 races this season, including 6 of the last 7. He sure drove like a champion in the second half of 2014.

Congratulations also to Williams! They finished ahead of Ferrari in the constructors, despite having a fraction of the budget. Just shows all that's wrong with the prancing horse.

Next year is going to be fun with Hamilton & Rosberg continuing their battle, Alonso stepping into the unknown with McLaren-Honda, Vettel & Kimi in the red car....can hardly wait!
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 11:01   #29
Senior - BHPian

Wow! A very interesting race for Abu Dabhi.

What a start by Hamilton!!
I was rooting for Rosberg to win the race (WDC was tough) but that didn't happen. Then I was rooting for Massa for the win and that too didn't happen. But he surely made it fun.

Good on Rosberg to not give up & finish the race (albeit a lap down), and good on him to congratulate Lewis almost immediately. At 5 wins against Lewis' 11, he wouldn't have been a popular winner (though I would have been happy). Now I just hope he can sort out his race starts (3rd or 4th bad start this season) and his race pace.

Lewis is the popular winner. British media/Hamilton's fans would have burned Mercedes down had the break down happened to the other car. Sabotage? German manufacturer supporting German driver? All of that nonsense can now be put to rest.
asr245 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 12:55   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Good on Rosberg to not give up & finish the race (albeit a lap down), and good on him to congratulate Lewis almost immediately.
I've disliked Rosberg for his apparent arrogance at various times, and for Spa. However, in yesterday's time of adversity, he showed class:
  • He kept fighting as long as possible to stay in a WDC winning position even after his ERS failed
  • He immediately and clearly declined the team's offer to retire him (the team probably wanted to avoid the embarrassment of Rosberg being lapped), but soldiered on to the end
  • His greeting of Hamilton for his win

The various news reports I've read about Hamilton's win have also pointed out Rosberg's spirit - there's no better case to be made for being a graceful loser.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks