Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2006, 16:19   #16
BANNED

Guys! It's almost confirmed!

Check this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/5328606.stm
Ice man will replace the Rain man!!!

Mclaren sure has to do something more than Alonso!
Old 9th September 2006, 19:33   #17
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Latest reports also say that Schumi isnt retiring... hes being forced out by Ferrari. and somehow, i find that quite believable.

Source: Peter Windsor, Saturday Practice Session.
Old 9th September 2006, 22:12   #18
BHPian

Oh goddddddddddd plz everyone pray that schumi not to retire plzzzzzzzz
Old 9th September 2006, 23:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Just what IF he moves to another team if Ferrari push him out..!??
Old 10th September 2006, 02:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

THE MAN IS OLD(Schmuck) he is bound to retire...WE DONT NEED TO WAIT TILL 5:30 tomm....ITS FINAL.
Old 10th September 2006, 05:33   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
Just what IF he moves to another team if Ferrari push him out..!??
only team willing to give him a racing seat was Red Bull... no-one else. better to "retire" now than to get into a slump, like Irvine.
Old 10th September 2006, 10:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

"only" team, you must be crazy RU,Flavio,Ron,that BMW fellow were all at his door this year.he must have made it clear that if he continues it will be with ferrari.

So if Michael retires today it is because he is pushed out by ferrari ,cant one retire on his own,especially a 7 time WDC.and who writes this reports is it someone from ferrari or the manipulative press who have nothing to find.stop the twists and turns and let the man retire in grace if he wants to that is.

many wont mind if he continues but the Haters army surely will.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 10th September 2006 at 10:14.
Old 10th September 2006, 12:17   #23

Schumi brialliance, ruthlessness and no quarter given but taken approach to racing is going to be difficult to replace. No driver not even the likes of Alonso or Kimi come close to stirring up the kind of adulation he has commanded over the last 13 years. Remember most Ferrari fans are in fact Schumi fans. F1 desparately needs another Hero.
Old 10th September 2006, 16:06   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
"only" team, you must be crazy RU,Flavio,Ron,that BMW fellow were all at his door this year.
Its amazing you still believe that especially since all of the people you have mentioned above, especially that BMW guy,Mario Thassien, al have repeatedly denied offering Schmuk a seat for 2007. Red Bull Racing are the only team to have confirmed an interest in Schumacher.
Old 10th September 2006, 21:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

MS-haters seem to be at their cynical best as Schumi retires. "MS is retiring because he is thrown out of Ferrari". What for? For making them the most competitive team? For bringing them most number of championships over last decade? Or for still being the Number 1 Ferrari driver in this year's championship, or being the closest No.2 driver who can challenge raining World Champion?

All those, who think that a fighter like MS will chicken out because he is thrown out by Ferrari, seriously need some help. Champions are not made by others, but only they make themselves champion, through talent and hard work. Others are puppets. And whether you like him or hate him, MS was/is a champion.

Take you hate to some other thread and bash him as much as you want. Because you love a particular driver, you don't have to hate his rival.

Last edited by RX135 : 10th September 2006 at 21:26.
Old 10th September 2006, 21:58   #26
Senior - BHPian

Then in that case, was FA kicked out of Renault as well??? The Fonsi lovers need to take a walk, like FA did today ..

Last edited by karthik247 : 10th September 2006 at 22:03.
Old 10th September 2006, 22:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37298

Here is one the reasons why people keep hinting that Schumi might have been required by Ferrari to leave. Of course it's pure speculation, just as you will never find the real truth out anyway. There are always two sides to a coin, it's upto you what you want to call.
I agree that the sport invokes many an emotion as fans are hugely loyal, as long as somebody has proof to back it up, it's pretty valid.

Here is what Alonso has to say, you decide whether he is agaisnt his team or something else:
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37300
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37303
Old 10th September 2006, 23:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

I went through the link entirely and someone can deduce such conclusion only through speculation. Obviously, Schumi must have decided to call it a day quite sometime back and he must have discussed this with Ferrari. Unfortunately, people are trying to turn it a "chicken" and "egg" problem.

Had Schumi been asked to leave against his wish, there would not have been so much of good-will among Ferrari officials and MS as was evident at the end of the race.

As far as Fonsi goes, he is very good driver, but I am neither his fan nor hater, I wouldn't care much.

Last edited by RX135 : 10th September 2006 at 23:14.
Old 10th September 2006, 23:15   #29
BHPian

Well said RX135

@ported_head
Well i think the article instead of starting speculation about the reasons of schumi's retirement basically hints that schumi will retire... (The quoted ferrari boss made the statement before schumi announced his retirement)
He knew that schumi was retiring and hence when asked about the future of ferrari, he said all optimistic things that ferrari could do with the injection of new talent, rather than lamenting and cribbing on the fact that schumi was retiring...
He wanted to present a rosy picture of ferrari without schumi rather than a glum one...
Old 10th September 2006, 23:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
I went through the link entirely and someone can deduce such conclusion only through speculation. Obviously, Schumi must have decided to call it a day quite sometime back and he must have discussed this with Ferrari. Unfortunately, people are trying to turn it a "chicken" and "egg" problem.

Had Schumi been asked to leave against his wish, there would not have been so much of good-will among Ferrari officials and MS as was evident at the end of the race.

As far as Fonsi goes, he is very good driver, but I am neither his fan nor hater, I wouldn't care much.
Of course it's speculation. We will never know what the real deal is, each of us will take comfort in what suits us best. These guys are all professionals, they all have an image to upkeep, and at this stage I'm sure both MS and Ferrari can pull a few strings, so it's in best interest to end a relationship on a happy note. And why wouldn't they, look how many wins MS got them!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks