Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2018, 12:59   #31
BHPian

Re: MotoGP : The 2018 Argentinian Grand Prix

"Rossi has had similar incidents" is IMHO a pretty baseless justification for the orange antics. Never has Rossi so blatantly used other riders as braking assistance or simply tried to run over others. These sort of justifications only embolden his reckless approach.

He was on a suicide mission, that too in only the second round of the championship which is wide open. There was no reason for this tomfoolery, but then with him there's no rhyme or reason anyway. Should be banned for at least a race.

To borrow a famous jibe- yesterday his ambition far outweighed his talent.

Last edited by Parth46 : 9th April 2018 at 13:02.
Parth46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 13:07   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Everything is fair in love and war, almost the same moves by Rossi against Stoner at Laguna Seca were hailed on by the yellow brigade and similar moves against GOAT is not fair...why double standards? I remember his moves against Gibernau as well.
True, first time I saw the playback I immediately recalled what happened at Jerez, as the saying goes 'what goes around comes around'
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 13:57   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
True, first time I saw the playback I immediately recalled what happened at Jerez, as the saying goes 'what goes around comes around'
Karma in Argentina?

After the race, MM went to Rossi garage to apologize.
Rossi wasnt man enough to come out. Uccio said to Marc "don't come in here, don't you dare come in here" and then "F*** You" while Marc was turning to leave the box. (apparently in Italian)! Very contemptible by both the rider and his assistant.

Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people and if you no longer go for a gap that exists you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing -Ayrton Senna
Attached Thumbnails
MotoGP : The 2018 Argentinian Grand Prix-karma.jpg  

Last edited by JayKis : 9th April 2018 at 14:01.
JayKis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 14:07   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
[b]

Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people and if you no longer go for a gap that exists you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing -Ayrton Senna
If there is a gap, that is...
killjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 14:17   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
If there is a gap, that is...
The gap did exist with Rossi and MM was faster by a second a lap.
MotoGP : The 2018 Argentinian Grand Prix-gap.jpg
Old 9th April 2018, 14:19   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Everything is fair in love and war, almost the same moves by Rossi against Stoner at Laguna Seca were hailed on by the yellow brigade and similar moves against GOAT is not fair...why double standards? I remember his moves against Gibernau as well.
Looks like the stewards were wearing yellow lenses through-out the race. Now how about looking beyond Marquez and investigating Pedrosa high-side from contact and Espargaro, Petrucci contact!
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 16:06   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Karma in Argentina?
On a lighter note I was referring to the race in Spain.

Old 9th April 2018, 19:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
What ever respect I had for Mark Marques is gone. That guy is a threat to safety of other riders.
Come on man - all the greats over time have had moments of madness. This was one of those for Marquez.

The race was so topsy-turvy with the rain/tyres, the stalling at the start and the pit lane ride thru penalty which caused this young hugely talented lad to lose it. Not exactly this, but this kind of thing will happen in future too as they so tightly wound up, sometimes they snap. Fortunately, besides of raised blood pressure and some bruising everyone walked away to race another day.

Marquez did what he did, got penalized for it by the administration and that should be that.

The main difference with this incident was Marquez immediately walked over to Rossi's garage to apologize.

The 2018 Moto GP has just got a huge shot of adrenaline which is sure to spice things up further for our benefit.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 20:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

Loved the race. Yes, not right to have let Marquez start from the grid - but he did take a penalty for it! Yes, there wasn't really any space for Marquez to overtake Roosi and he should have waited a bit - but he has taken a penalty for it. Likewise, there wasn't space for the frenchman to overtake Pedrosa too - he took him out of the race - no penalty. No one talks about it. It was a lovely, aggressive overtaking procedure. Sometimes people need to see past the yellow mist.

But good thing though - there is no way Roosi is going to win another championship while Marquez is there. Time to hang up the ol riding boots I guess.
naveenroy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2018, 21:25   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Loved the race. Yes, not right to have let Marquez start from the grid - but he did take a penalty for it! Yes, there wasn't really any space for Marquez to overtake Roosi and he should have waited a bit - but he has taken a penalty for it. Likewise, there wasn't space for the frenchman to overtake Pedrosa too - he took him out of the race - no penalty. No one talks about it. It was a lovely, aggressive overtaking procedure. Sometimes people need to see past the yellow mist.

But good thing though - there is no way Roosi is going to win another championship while Marquez is there. Time to hang up the ol riding boots I guess.
Am afraid there was no touch between Zarco and Dani. Dani saw him coming, gave him space, they both ran a bit wide. Dani accelerated, was unfortunately on the wet part of the circuit and highsided!

Better point of view from Marquez rear camera

https://giant.gfycat.com/AppropriateMintyCricket.webm

Last edited by JayKis : 9th April 2018 at 21:46.
Old 9th April 2018, 21:53   #41
BHPian

Marquez-Aleix incident from MM onboard

https://giant.gfycat.com/PresentBadGrackle.webm

Marquez -Rossi from MM onboard
https://giant.gfycat.com/ElderlySleepyBasil.webm

Actually, that one is a lot of gap to make a pass.

Mods. Kindly merge the two back to back posts, please.
Old 9th April 2018, 21:59   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The gap did exist with Rossi and MM was faster by a second a lap.
Attachment 1750114
I don't think that the image shows the actual scenario. The real scenario was more like what I have managed to draw on paint, where Marc clearly infringed into Rossi's racing line putting him off course and ultimately pushing him onto the grass. Stewards mostly take action based on racing lines, and not just based on clearances.

Name:  ArgentinaGP.png
Views: 574
Size:  4.0 KB
aravind.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 03:40   #43
BHPian

Speed is Nothing Without Control - That's the point MM missed out on Sunday

Yes he is best in business today, Yes he had the pace on Sunday but there is no way you can defend his actions or else Race Direction wouldn't have given him 3 penalties in single race

Bigger point to discuss do you want to promote such races in future where any Rider with superior Pace or Bike takes chances on every corner and barges their way in?? Or make other riders Sit-up??

Dorna also failed to address comment made by Sunday Race Winner Cal, Post Race Conference saw marginal number of media people as everyone was behind the MM / VR stories OR why None of the outlets cared to ask Sr. Espargo about his opinion on the racing incident??
Old 10th April 2018, 08:45   #44
BHPian

"It's racing, Casey", proclaimed The Doctor, after he brake tested Stoner out of the corner, into the gravel, to win Laguna Seca in 2008. I wonder how this attitude has changed in 10yrs.

Before the yellow brigade starts bashing me, let me tell you that I am a Rossi fan myself and have been waiting for his elusive 10th, just like everyone else. I was devastated when he came this close in achieving it in 2015 and had to lose out to a maniac's foul play. And it happened again last Sunday and unfortunately, it was Rossi at the receiving end. Internet went crazy bashing Marc for his antics and truly so. He made the GOAT fall! But was there any foul play in it? I don't think so. I honestly don't. Marquez saw a gap and he went for it. That's all. It didn't work for him and during such a situation, it is important that the rider looks out for himself rather than worry about the other rider if he's gonna fall or not. Let's face it, Rossi was struggling in the race and Marquez's pace was blistering, he would've passed Rossi anyway. The only thing that he did wrong was being impatient thus putting his and Rossi's race and life in jeopardy. It was a mistake for which he was willing to apologize and that's a fair deal.
I agree with most of Rossi's post race comments about racing with Marquez but the one thing I don't is "he's spoiling the sport for everyone". C'mon old man, this was uncalled for. You cannot be tarnishing someone's image like this. You are a legend and you've seen a fair share of everything in your career so you must come up with a plan to tackle the pup rather than make statements like this.

That said, I do believe every rider on the grid has a mental block whenever 93 is near them and I'm not surprised when Rossi says he is scared on the track. The problem with Marquez in my opinion is that his desire to win overpowers everything else and in that process, everything is a blur for him. Look at the number crazy maneuvers he did last Sunday. You call it dangerous riding or lack of respect, it is valid. End of the day, everyone wants to win and one individual's desire to win shouldn't create problems for the other. RD should take a strong action against Marquez.
Porschefire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 09:29   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm perfectly fine with Marquez's riding. As long as he doesn't kill anyone and keeps getting penalized, carry on man!
In all the brouhaha over one man's belief that racing is pushing people out of the way(hey, it's a will to win and other assorted jewels, yeah. ), the latest gripe fest from motogps Resident diva at the Italian house went unnoticed...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks