Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2018, 22:12   #31
BHPian

Re: Formula 1: The 2018 French Grand Prix

When Vettel crashes into anybody its a racing incident but when somebody else does it, Ooh its a cardinal sin and that somebody has to be cast into hell with grid penalties and name calling. Ferrari gets away with anything and this has been going on for decades now.
AJITHAAA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 22:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

This race also reinforced my belief that Vettel is a very good driver but not a very good racer. Put him on pole and yeah he will most likely win the race. Put him a few places behind and he just loses it!
I may be wrong but hey, it is still early in the season. I would like to see him overtake other driver purely on talent.
amitoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 12:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

And Vettel smashes into Alonso, what a bad racer he is

PS: That's what happens when you are caught out napping while racing, the traction of the Ferrari on the outside was just supreme. Complete surprise for Nando to see a car pass there on the outside and his radio rant or whine that followed was more funny

Old 27th June 2018, 12:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Max screwed up 5 times in first 5 races of the season. He doesn't have the credentials to comment on a event like this. Vettel is not getting into such events every race.
Nice to see fans proclaiming his innocence when he has admitted his guilt!
Dont think he should be compared to how badly our bad boys did..Max/Grosjean/Maldonado.
For an experienced World champion to get repeatedly involved in first corner incidents does not bode well.

He simply should have braked earlier since Bottas was on the racing line.

Thats my last comment on this.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 19:15   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
I am again reiterating that the collision was a racing incident. But what Vettel did was unnecessary for a 4 time Champion when Championship is achieved only by more points not less.
I am glad that we finally agree about that being a racing incident.

I do feel that he had the right mindset and that was going for the win at the start. If he tried to play it safe, he wouldn't have needed that crash to end up at the back. He would have automatically ended there. Everyone moved from the left of their starting grid position to the right except maybe Hamilton and Vettel. According to me, only the pole sitter could benefit from starting from the left side of the main straight. That would also be because he qualified 1st.

Therefore in my opinion, if Vettel moved cautiously when the race started he would have landed up in the mid-field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM
Yup. This is the first time ever. Should be interesting for us but tough for the teams and drivers.
Apparently there isn't enough time to get the motorhomes to Austria from France for this weekend. They'll be at Silverstone next.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks