Team-BHP - Formula 1: The 2019 Canadian Grand Prix
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Formula 1: The 2019 Canadian Grand Prix (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/209973-formula-1-2019-canadian-grand-prix.html)

Formula 1 Pirelli Grand Prix Du Canada 2019

Formula 1: The 2019 Canadian Grand Prix-start.jpg

Formula 1: The 2019 Canadian Grand Prix-ham.jpg

Formula 1: The 2019 Canadian Grand Prix-f12017sebastianvettelferrarisf70h.jpg

Formula 1: The 2019 Canadian Grand Prix-max.jpg

Track Layout

Formula 1: The 2019 Canadian Grand Prix-track-layout.jpg

Track Information

Formula 1: The 2019 Canadian Grand Prix-track-information.jpg

Timings

Formula 1: The 2019 Canadian Grand Prix-timinig.jpg

Tyre Selection

Formula 1: The 2019 Canadian Grand Prix-tyre.jpg

Additional Information

First North American race of the season at the power hungry circuit of Montreal, Canada. Mercedes is coming with engine upgrade at this race so it might be a big challenge for Ferrari to close up the gap. Ferrari would be wanting to break Mercedes dominance this season but it seems tough.

For further information - https://www.formula1.com/en/racing/2019/Canada.html

Race and all other sessions would be telecast on Star Sport Select 2 HD/Star Sport Select 2

Image Credits - Motorsport.com/ LAT Images, Pirelli and Formula1.com

An article that offers fantastic insights into the success of Mercedes.

https://www.thehindu.com/sport/motor...le27690322.ece

Due to the odd time I recorded P2 and saw it this morning.

I am wondering whether the 'wall' is on its way to becoming as famous as the one in an old circuit (Monza?). A small slip and you are in it. See the way that Hamilton went into it. It is not clear whether he damaged to transmission also.

As was made obvious in P1 the Ferrari's are going soft in the back straight (I guess tweaking the turbo). Normally Ferrari goes soft on Day One. If that was kept into P2 then Ferrari are in a very good shape for the qualifying and the race.

Due to some engagement I will miss the Qualification but have set up to 'can' it.

I look forward to an engaging qualification & race.

Ferrari has topped FP2 and FP3. Lets see how they manage to screw up this qualifying and race.

I don't trust the practice results anymore. The Mercedes sandbagging is unreal. Hopefully Ferrari keeps their wits about them to take the fight to the mighty mighty Germans.

Vettel on pole for the first time since his disastrous race in Germany last year. Its been a loooong time coming.

Welcome back champ!! Lets win this one, please, for the sake of F1. Not really sure if Ferrari has the race pace, gonna be interesting.

P.S: Sorry for the back to back posts, mods please merge if needed

Finally some relief for Ferrari. A pole position for Vettel his first after Germany last year. Looks like the Ferrari is a bit faster on the softs than the mediums. However Ferrari's concern on race pace is evident. Given that the track provides overtaking opportunities, Vettel will need to drive a race of a champion to keep the Mercedes behind him. Verstappen too would spice things up starting from the middle of the pack. Tyre deg might be a concern too not to mention the Wall that was Magussen's undoing.

Gasly looks greatly improved and getting the measure of his car and his teammate. Another find is Norris who is doing an excellent job in the McLaren who have a spring in their step these days. And the homey badger beating the Finn to secure the second row on the starting grip for Renault.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nair (Post 4601604)
Ferrari has topped FP2 and FP3. Lets see how they manage to screw up this qualifying and race.

I don't trust the practice results anymore. The Mercedes sandbagging is unreal. Hopefully Ferrari keeps their wits about them to take the fight to the mighty mighty Germans.

It initially looked like a repeat of the races where Ferrari wins the FP race and Mercedes nail qualifying and the race win. Especially in Q2 where Mercedes were one and two.

Drive on,
Shibu

@shibujp; My TataSky link packed up after Q1. So missed Q2 and. Q3. I will try and catch up today. So my info that 'F' goes soft in day 1 seems to be true. So I heard that they were going soft on the back straight. Remember Hamilton claimed to like Montreal.

Where was Vettel's man Friday? I hope he was in the top 4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 4601738)
My TataSky link packed up after Q1. So missed Q2 and. Q3. I will try and catch up today.

I suggest Hotstar. No advertisements or interruptions.

However, the broadcast was far from perfect. We did not get to see Vettel's pole lap. Instead had to be contend with Bottas's error ridden do or die Q3 attempt. Also, no coverage of Ricciardo's absolutely phenomenal lap. He is ahead of a Mercedes and both Red Bulls in the grid. Hope the Renault lasts the entire race.

Quote:

Where was Vettel's man Friday? I hope he was in the top 4.

Are you talking about Charles? He finished 3rd. He was pushing Vettel all weekend but seems like he was not happy with car setup after Q1(which he topped). Expecting strong race and pressure on Hamilton from Charles.

Irrespective of what happens in the race, you got to give credit to Vettel for the pole. Hamilton is very strong in this circuit and the Mercedes cars were faster in the first 2 sectors.

Vettel has been under a lot of pressure this year with even reports stating that he may retire by the end of the year. Well, one has to see what he has done in F1 all these years to understand that he is no average driver.
Sure, he made a lot of mistakes, and he is not as flawless in his driving as Hamilton and Alonso, but to me, he along with Hamilton and Alonso have been the best drivers of the last decade by far. Max and Ricciardo are the probably the next in line and im sure they both should win few championships between them when they have the right car.

Also, a lot of folks have talked up the potential of Leclerc. He is young and I think his reflexes would be faster than Vettel. But he needs to be mature. He seems to be already putting a lot of pressure on himself and that is not good. Being in Ferrari itself is a high pressure environment and when you have issues in the car like this year, you got to be more mature in the way you handle it. Ferrari has had a much worse starts in the last 4-5 years and you have never seen Vettel moaning about it.
Leclerc needs to learn the art of being around the team, backing the team all the time and ensure that he is here for a minimum of 3-4 years. And where else would he go? Mercedes has Ocon in line, RBR has Max. So he is better off being patient in Ferrari and waiting for a true championship winning car.

Quote:

@shibujp; So my info that 'F' goes soft in day 1 seems to be true. So I heard that they were going soft on the back straight.

Do you mean to say that Ferrari sandbag during FP1?

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorworks (Post 4601821)
Also, a lot of folks have talked up the potential of Leclerc. He is young and I think his reflexes would be faster than Vettel. But he needs to be mature. He seems to be already putting a lot of pressure on himself and that is not good.

Reading through the interview post Monaco and after qualifying yesterday, Leclerc clearly brings out the need to approach Q1, Q2, and Q3 differently in terms of setting up the car as well as setting up oneself. I think this is where world champions stand apart and this is what Leclerc can pick up from Vettel. Everyone on that line-up including Kubica is fast so that is not a differentiator. What is a differentiator is their ability to read the conditions - track, tyre, temperature and competition, roll it all together and blast out a hot lap during qualifying then go back and dig in for the long race. By coming out of the box aggressively at the start of the season he may have tried to unsettle his team mate but then again Vettel has been at this game quite long. At the end of the day Formula 1 is a business and Vettel has brought in more price money than any other of his counterparts - 500 million to be exact. Link. You don't just go in and try to rattle such a guy in a couple of races. Leclerc needs to be smart and bide his time which will surely come. He needs to focus on being valueable to his team for now.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Come on! Seb has been literally robbed of the win! This has not been fair from FIA!
This decision of imposing a penalty for such an incident can open a can of worms in the future. This was purely a racing incident and I doubt if Seb compromised Hamiltons ability to over take him at that very moment. Anyway, this was a great show by Ferrari and Seb.
And royally loved the way Seb switched the no:1 placard!

What a farce, that happened today. That was clearly a racing incident and the stewards clearly got that one wrong. FIA want close racing and when they get one, make a farce of that. :deadhorse

Hamilton wins.

F1 loses.

Thanks a lot FIA for ruining the best race of the season. Where was he supposed to go?

Thug move from Vettel replacing Lewis's 1st place marker with 2nd place.

Stewards were bribed for sure. Totally unjustified and illogical decision. Vettel is the winner.

https://twitter.com/ChocMilkSheikh/s...134140417?s=19

Moment of the race. Serves the clowns , also known as FiA stewards, well :Frustrati