Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2019, 13:02   #31
BANNED

Re: Formula 1 : The Italian GP

Saw the canned version. LeClerc has arrived. They should pension off Vettel. Too may mistakes. Also, decision to change Leclerc to Hard (white sidewall tyres) reminds me of the Ferrari of old. Why did Vettel pick up a 10s penalty? Also, Leclerc blocking off Hamilton was a normal racing incident.

It was a very enjoyable race.
Old 10th September 2019, 13:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Why did Vettel pick up a 10s penalty?
For rejoining the track in an unsafe manner after spinning out. He collided with the Racing Point of Lance Stroll.
Old 10th September 2019, 13:12   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
For rejoining the track in an unsafe manner after spinning out. He collided with the Racing Point of Lance Stroll.
He is just three penalty points away from a full race ban. He has 9 points in total for this season docked on his super license.

He looked extremely depressed in interviews. He wore shades so people wouldn't see his eyes and the body language therefore.
Old 10th September 2019, 13:28   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
He is just three penalty points away from a full race ban. He has 9 points in total for this season docked on his super license.

He looked extremely depressed in interviews. He wore shades so people wouldn't see his eyes and the body language therefore.

He was really depressed. In Q3, for the first run he gave tow to LEC and still was only 0.135 sec behind. Tow was worth 0.4 sec for ferrari and about 0.6 sec per lap for Merc. In the second run LEC was supposed to provide tow for VET and the pole position was for his taking. But the kid had other ideas, similar to HAM in Hungary 2007 he delayed by slowing down. Vettel realizing that time is less, was frantically waving to speed up. I guess he didn't recover from this shock. The team I believe blamed LEC for this and hence the radio message from Binotto after race win "Congratulations Charles, All is forgiven!"

My feeling is Vettel still got speed. He just need to get out of the presume cooker situation at Ferrari.
motor_breathing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 14:51   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
But the kid had other ideas, similar to HAM in Hungary 2007 he delayed by slowing down. Vettel realizing that time is less, was frantically waving to speed up. I guess he didn't recover from this shock. The team I believe blamed LEC for this and hence the radio message from Binotto after race win "Congratulations Charles, All is forgiven!"
Karma. 2013 Seb disobeyed team orders to win the Malaysian GP over Webber. Now this new kid is gonna do the same to the 'old kid'.

Till Germany last year, vet was on fire. After that its just been downhill. Looks like he needs to reset himself.
Old 10th September 2019, 20:08   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Karma. 2013 Seb disobeyed team orders to win the Malaysian GP over Webber. Now this new kid is gonna do the same to the 'old kid'.
Well that was because, Webber disobeyed team order of not racing Seb in 2012 Brazilian grand prix. He somehow managed to win the championship, but was furious. I remember Horner recalling the turn of events in one of the podcast.
Old 10th September 2019, 23:31   #37
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Lewis with DRS and slip stream was a good 6 or 8km/hr slower then the Leclerc ferrari without DRS or slip stream and in this track speed matters the most, so only a another ferrari could challenge Leclerc down the straight.
Old 13th September 2019, 15:21   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

A real live example why Sebastian Vettel is considered the nicest driver in F1 at the moment.

Yes, he missed the tow for q3 from LEC, but i do feel he would have lost composure out up front if he was in LECs place and fighting off HAM behind him.

He needs a good reboot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks