Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will lift the MotoGP 2022 Premier Class title?
Marc Márquez 19 51.35%
Fabio Quartararo 9 24.32%
Joan Mir 2 5.41%
Francesco Bagnaia 7 18.92%
Any Other (Please Specify)? 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2022, 00:43   #1
BHPian

2022 MotoGP World Championship

MotoGP 2022 | Who will win the rider championship?-last-5-champions.jpg

The 2022 FIM MotoGP World Championship will be the 74th F.I.M. Road Racing World Championship season. Fabio Quartararo will come into the season as the defending world champion.

The 2022 season will host 21 races and includes debut of two new tracks - Mandalika International Street Circuit, Indonesia and Kymi Ring, Finland.

Trivia: The Finland Grand Prix was included in both - 2020 & 2021 calendars, but was cancelled due to the COVID pandemic.

The 2022 FIM MotoGP World Championship Calendar:

MotoGP 2022 | Who will win the rider championship?-2022motogpscheduleinfographic.jpg

The 2022 FIM MotoGP World Championship Rider list:

MotoGP 2022 | Who will win the rider championship?-rider-lineup-2022.jpg

Some team liveries for viewing pleasure:

MotoGP 2022 | Who will win the rider championship?-ducati-livery.jpg

MotoGP 2022 | Who will win the rider championship?-honda-livery.jpg

MotoGP 2022 | Who will win the rider championship?-yamaha-livery.jpg

MotoGP 2022 | Who will win the rider championship?-suzuki-livery.jpg

MotoGP 2022 | Who will win the rider championship?-ktm-factory-tech-3.jpg

MotoGP 2022 | Who will win the rider championship?-pramac-livery.jpg

Name:  LCR Livery.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  52.3 KB

This will also be the first season after 1996 which will be without Valentino Rossi

However, his team VR46 Racing Team will enter the championship and will use Ducati machinery until at least the end of 2024 and will field Luca Marini and Marco Bezzecchi.

Marc Marquez in still not completely fit, Fabio would like to defend his title, Joan will still want to prove that his 2020 title was not fluke, Pecco showed that he is a championship material and Ducati seem to be in their best form. All this should make a cracker of 2022 season.

So, revv your pulses, cast your vote and let the discussions pour in.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 21st February 2022 at 14:18. Reason: As requested
five46 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 21:45   #2
BHPian

MotoGP 2022 | Who will win the rider championship?

Lets get our prediction hats on. Who is your guess for 2022 MotoGP rider championship winner.

Leading contenders:

1. Fabio Quartararo: 2021 winner aka Defending champion.

2. Francesco Bagnaia: Was on win streak last year with that monster of a ducati underneath.

3. Joan Mir: 2020 championship winner. (Suzuki top speed looks better in FP)

4. Marc Márquez: 8 time world champ.

Feel free to comment the reason behind your prediction.

Note:Poll closes in 90 days.

Last edited by SideView : 5th March 2022 at 22:09. Reason: Typo:
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 21:33   #3
BHPian

re: MotoGP 2022 | Who will win the rider championship?

Well well Enea Bastianini wins on his motogp debut!!!

Things just got interesting.
Old 8th March 2022, 12:07   #4
BHPian

Re: MotoGP 2022 | Who will win the rider championship?

Thank you five46 for this lovely thread. I have been procrastinating something similar for the past two years

I cannot pick a particular name but I am suggesting some potential candidates instead.

1. Pecco Bagnaia- In 2021 Ducati GP21 was the best in the grid period! And Pecco during the second phase of the last season was riding with class. After the pre-season test GP22 is expected to be better than GP21. Though I was disappointed with all GP22s in the Qatar GP, I am hopeful that Ducati will improve in the coming races.

2. Joan Mir - In 2022 he has the best setup from Suzuki. They have massively improved on aerodynamics and engine. I don't know what wizardry went inside, Suzuki looks super strong this season. Along with this Mir's time attacking mode can make him a potential Championship contender.

3. Fabio Quartararo and Franco Morbidelli - For the 2022 season I give equal chances for both. The reason? their brilliant season as teammates with Petronas SRT in 2019.

Along with this we need to watch out Enea Bastinini and Brad Binder.

I am hoping for an action-packed 2022 season because Moto GP has it all
Old 8th March 2022, 14:58   #5
BHPian

Hi, thanks for this. I'm a 4 wheel motorsport fan who in the last 5 years has steadily become more and more actively interested in MotoGP, mostly though regularly trying to watch the Youtube highlights from BT Sport here in the UK. I've always been fascinated and more so now that I have some context. I try to follow the Tech Bytes videos Dorna release online to get around to understanding the technical intricacies but I'd still say I'm a novice.

Does anyone have any resource they could recommend that gives a rough summary of the runners and riders in the championship please? I seem to mostly know broad generalisations such as the factory Ducati's being absolute rockets on the straight. The Honda being a twitchy bike whose characteristics were masked by the brilliance of Marc Marquez; and so on and so forth.

Can't comment though on the main question of who will win.
Old 4th April 2022, 00:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

What crazy first three races have been.
3 different winners.
9 different riders on podium.
Suzuki leading the team championship.
Ducati leading the constructors championship.
Aleix Espargaro takes his first win riding his 200th premier class race in Argentina, making him first winner for Aprilia, and also becomes the rider championship leader.
This year it is pretty bunched up.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 03:27   #7
BHPian

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/10...-arm-operation

His career is almost over. It was not a question of if but when!
I must say that with his reckless riding style he has been lucky to have a rather long career or that he didn't cause accidents to injure other riders.
Although he has the passion and never say die attitude but for him time has marched on and he would do well to retire just like Lorenzo.
Sad part is that he has been the best Motogp champ like Rossi but his legacy will be tarnished or that he wouldn't be as revered as Rossi by Motogp fans.
neeraj0272 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 12:22   #8
BHPian

With almost half the season done, looks like El Diablo is on the way to secure his crown.

Back to back victories for Fabio and back to back DNFs for Pecco. Peccos crash in Germany must have put his title hopes dusted.

Alexis needs to show consistency on Podiums and may be Fabio needs to help him with his own DNFs to let him take the title. The latter is looking unlikely with the form Fabio is carrying.

Meanwhile, two weeks after undergoing surgery, Marc Marquez has undergone his first post-operative medical check, for which the feedback from the medics is positive. He'll undergo his next medical check in four weeks. This leaves HRC in deeper troubles for developing their 2023 machine.
Old 20th June 2022, 12:36   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Purely for past allegiance to Yamaha, I am kind of rooting for FQ. However, there is no charisma/draw/edge of the seat following going on. If he gets it, yay! If he doesn't, meh.....
I have really tried to keep my interest in MotoGP going after last year, but its quite difficult!
Old 20th June 2022, 13:11   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Purely for past allegiance to Yamaha, I am kind of rooting for FQ. However, there is no charisma/draw/edge of the seat following going on. If he gets it, yay! If he doesn't, meh.....
I have really tried to keep my interest in MotoGP going after last year, but its quite difficult!
I agree.. When Fabio gets in front, there is little anyone else can do and he certainly looks poised to win the championship this year (even with the lack of top speed).

I am disappointed that there are not many fights happening at the front, for positions and almost everyone's sticking to their number the whole race!

Make MotoGP boring and MOTO3/2 very intriguing to watch!
Old 20th June 2022, 14:44   #11
BHPian

Repsol have issued a complaint about MotoGP for this very reason - stating that a lot of the current technical regs including aerodynamic devices have contributed to races where you tend to have a breakaway leader instead of final lap tussles. They've also gone on to claim that the increased aero contributes to greater stress on the riders arms leading to injury - they would say that after all given their star racer is Marc, currently out for however long due to all those arm injuries.

I will say though that it does look like once Fabio gets his nose out in front, he's very good at keeping the gap. Meanwhile the others for whatever reason seem to keep tripping up.
ads11 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 21:16   #12
BHPian

Whoever is able to ride his GP Machinery above and beyond its limits.
MM93 did it for years, VR46 did it for years and there is only one rider who is able to do that now.
Fabio.
So yes, Undisputedly FQ
Old 1st August 2022, 01:01   #13
BHPian

Thanks for the poll. I’m surprised with the results I’m seeing as of now. Perhaps Marc Marquez got most of the votes at the very beginning of the season.

But now the reality is that Marc Marquez is out of this championship indefinitely with his prolonged Right arm surgery. He has no chance of winning it in 2022.

The tough fight will be between Fabio, Pecco and Aleix E. Joan Mir also doesn’t stand a chance this season.

Aprilias have shined this season and really hope they end the season with a spectacular result.

Cheers,
Amey
Old 1st August 2022, 12:34   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
Thanks for the poll. I’m surprised with the results I’m seeing as of now. Perhaps Marc Marquez got most of the votes at the very beginning of the season.

But now the reality is that Marc Marquez is out of this championship indefinitely with his prolonged Right arm surgery. He has no chance of winning it in 2022.

The tough fight will be between Fabio, Pecco and Aleix E. Joan Mir also doesn’t stand a chance this season.

Aprilias have shined this season and really hope they end the season with a spectacular result.

Cheers,
Amey
Anyone who said Marc Marquez in the poll would be hallucinating or does not follow the sport.
HRC RCV has been a pig to handle with high-sides being plenty.
MM93 has fitness issues and it was Piug who made it worst, he should have rested MM93 but did not.
Years of aggression and crashes will have implication on the long run , it is all about consistency while being safe to self and other riders on the grid.

This years championship is almost sealed by Fabio. 99%
Peco does not stand a chance, his inconsistency and Ducati's over reliance on straight line speed ( they should have a rider like Fabio who takes a mediocre M1 to Podiums) has ruled them out of contention.

Aleix Espargaro has been the highlight of the season, however to be honest, does not stand a chance .

Finally it will be 80% FQ23 vs 20% AE44
Old 1st August 2022, 15:00   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochinist View Post
Anyone who said Marc Marquez in the poll would be hallucinating or does not follow the sport.
The poll was raised in February 2022 so we can give the benefit of doubt to the OP that the option and votes for Marc Marquez came in at the beginning of the season.

Cheers,
Amey

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks