Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2022, 12:37   #16
BHPian

Re: F1 Race Live Screening | Which restaurants in which Indian cities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
IPL is the biggest enemy of F1 fans. I remember going to Xtreme Sports bar with a bunch of BHPians to watch the race many years ago. Just a couple of small screens were dedicated to F1 and those too were on mute. It was only IPL commentary everywhere and we returned disappointed. Never bothered venturing out to see a race from then on.

Pre-covid, me and my friends used to go to Xtreme Sports bar (Sarjapur road) and couple of times requested them to play it in the main projector screens.
They did when there is no football / cricket matches clashing with F1 live times.
Unfortunately the place now is closed itseems.

Probably we can form groups for each city and request some place to screen F1.
nax04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 14:03   #17
BHPian

For Bengaluru:

Buffalo Wild Wings (Indiranagar) is my personal choice. The race is played with the commentary turned up all the way! Great bunch of F1 enthusiasts show up and there are a ton of screens around the place. Excellent food coupled with great drinks (albeit a tad bit expensive, though the pitchers are reasonably priced).

Link - https://www.zomato.com/bangalore/buf...agar-bangalore

Another place in Bengaluru which shows the race along with commentary (which I have personally visited) is Skydeck By Sherlock (MG Road). Good vibe here as well. However, the Race is shown on a single large projected screen which can lead to a bit of overcrowding at one spot.

Link - https://www.zomato.com/bangalore/sky...road-bangalore

Cheers!
tejascshetty is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 14:44   #18
BHPian

For Pune;
There is F1 screening + brunch at Sphere pub, Baner.
Attached Images

virajmore03 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 17:14   #19
BHPian

I follow @f1india.meme on Insta and he generally provides updates on screenings across various cities. For Delhi, Pebble Street has been hosting the screenings. I went there for 2021 Abu Dhabi season finale and the vibe was electric. I also went for the 2022 season opener and saw that they had removed bulk of seating arrangements to accommodate more people but still managed to find a table. They are screening the Aus GP as well.

Here's a video from the Season finale

Aus GP Screening

F1 Race Live Screening | Which restaurants in which Indian cities?-img_1847.png
AutoConsultant is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 18:04   #20
BHPian

Anyone aware of any places in Kochi?
Old 8th April 2022, 23:04   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Is there any place in Gurgaon which screens races?
And that is definitely something I have been wondering about!
Most of the Pubs/bars are overwhelmed with IPL ( India's Preferred Leisure)

Giving a shout out to fellow Gurgaon Bhpians to highlight if any venue is screening races.
Albatros_Ankit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 12:13   #22
BHPian

For Bangalore folks, Doff Pub in Indiranagar does race screenings. Unsure if it's happening this week though given the timings but I was there for the season opener and Jeddah race.
sleepyhead148 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2022, 19:13   #23

Hyderabad

In addition to B-dubs (Buffalo Wild Wings) in Gachibowli and Shamshabad, another F1 streaming venue is available in Kompally called Bounce.
cake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 09:35   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
For Bangalore folks, Doff Pub in Indiranagar does race screenings. Unsure if it's happening this week though given the timings but I was there for the season opener and Jeddah race.
Also heard the same but I was informed by a bunch of regulars that they have multiple sports going around at the same time so not sure how they manage that.

Also found from a friend that 'K-OS The Gamebar' (location) at Koramangla have a large screen and setup to do race screenings and are doing one this weekend.

@sleepyhead, @tejascshetty & others - If any of you guys are game, drop me a PM. I plan to be at that venue for qualifying sessions.

Will be game for race day plans too (at any location that works for all)!
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 16:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

500 rupees cover charge which can be redeemed.
Attached Thumbnails
F1 Race Live Screening | Which restaurants in which Indian cities?-monaco.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 09:27   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
Thank you for sharing this. I went to watch the race yesterday at Doff pub and the place was filled with F1 enthusiasts to the brim - so much that I couldn't get a table till an hour later and had to sit at the bar, inspite of reaching atleast 45 mins before the race start. Even after the IPL match started, the main projector and most of the screens were on F1 with only 1/3 of the screens focusing on the IPL final.

The whole place was split into Red Bull & Ferrari fans and the celebrations that erupted when Checo passed the flag at the end was awesome!

This is going to be my go-to place to watch future F1 races for sure. Anyone interested - drop me a PM!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 30th May 2022 at 09:28.
ninjatalli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 09:41   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

For good reasons, i either prefer to watch the race alone at home or with a few select friends at a friends place. Never been happy with all the distractions when watching a race in a public place and i can't follow key commentary points as they happen.
Red Liner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 09:46   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
For good reasons, i either prefer to watch the race alone at home or with a few select friends at a friends place. Never been happy with all the distractions when watching a race in a public place and i can't follow key commentary points as they happen.
Very much agree on the commentary part - had to watch the replay on Hotstar to see/hear those laps where both teams pitted. But watching such exciting races like yesterday's - the last four laps with the levels of enthusiasm in the crowd was worth missing all that. Given how close the championship is going to be between the top 3 (yes, including Checo!), there are surely going to be more such close races for sure!

Anyway, everyone to his or her choices
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 13:21   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Please share the places screening F1 races in your city. Will be good to plan Team-BHP meets.

The season is just too interesting to watch at home.

Last I'd gone with ChiragM to The Stables @ Andheri. Great place with lots of F1 enthusiasts.
Been to Stables many times to watch F1 prior to the pandemic.
Wagle Estate Social in Thane is showing races for the 2023 season if anyone is interested to watch as a group.

On a related note, shame that F1 is trying to eek 3x more money from viewers with F1 TV instead of going ahead with the Disney hotstar/star plus deal. Hotstar was super convenient to watch the races telecast at odd hours for a fair price along with other content. They should realize that Indian market is a volume game and a price sensitive one at that. Liberty media just wants to make tons of money. Ticket prices to watch races are prohibitively expensive since they have took over F1. Many fans from various countries are unhappy with the high ticket prices. And now F1 is also trying to milk the online viewers by charging them an arm and a leg without giving them any choices.
PowerSpike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 15:03   #30
BHPian

Can everyone here please share the places screening F1 races this season?
I attended screening events in Pune last year. Now we have moved back to Chennai, so looking for options here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks