Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2024, 20:43   #46
BHPian

Re: FanCode to stream F1 races in India; watch a race for Rs 49

However on the F1 app the resolution is also at 1080p so I don’t think anybody is missing out on the resolution part
Old 3rd March 2024, 05:11   #47
BHPian

Yup... Free replays!

Serious F1 audience watches Replays instead of Live, more than with any other sport.

Seems they're mostly betting on those who'd pay 599/- and forget that they even did. Either that, or they've overlooked it.
Formula1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2024, 10:31   #48
BHPian

Good that I did not proceed with the FanCode subscription. I am fine with watching replays. Pre and post race shows are available on YouTube if one is interested.
Old 3rd March 2024, 21:40   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx100 View Post
Aah, that looks like a bummer. The thumbnail already disclosed the winner or the pole winner. It was so irritating during Hotstar days. Also how soon the replays are available? In Hotstar, it took around 1 hour after end of session for them to upload the replays.

With F1TV, even if the race starts and we join midway, there is option to start from beginning without revealing the current lap details.
What exactly is spoiled. At this point they might as well just make Max Verstappen the default image, and it will still ne right.

Jokes aside, I also want to know, if its possible to start the stream from the beginning even if the race is already underway. For most of the races I might not be able to join at the starting of the race. But I'd like to watch it "as live as possible" Also F1 TV allows you to scroll through the live stream, which is a great boon if we need to skip the red flag

That's what I love about the F1 TV.
Old 12th March 2024, 11:12   #50
BHPian

One more Interesting thing about Fancode application is that it also accepts Google Play Credit as payment method. So if anyone has a lot of unused play credits, you can redeem them to watch races for free 😅
Old 17th March 2024, 12:12   #51
BHPian

Cancelled my F1 TV subscription which was due for renewal on 19th March. Will not be subscribing to FanCode as well. I am fine with replays/highlights on YouTube or FanCode. For races like Spa, etc. may take a single race pass.
Scarlet_Rider is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 10:51   #52
BHPian

FanCode video quality has been terrible for me. Colors are severely degraded, almost like the color depth has been reduced to 16 bits.

Just look at the color of the Mercedes logo and the barely legible tyre indicators on the leaderboard:
Attached Thumbnails
FanCode to stream F1 races in India; watch a race for Rs 49-screenshot_20240323104738.png  

malim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 11:23   #53
BHPian

For an average viewer like me, fancode is a blessing for this season atleast. Redbull is going to dominate again and down the field i don't expect much action (hope I'm proven wrong). Hopefully next season will be much more competitive to watch replays and make more use of F1 TV. Till then fancode is better for me.

P.S. Picture quality is acceptable but not the best.
TB16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 11:47   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malim View Post
FanCode video quality has been terrible for me. Colors are severely degraded, almost like the color depth has been reduced to 16 bits.

Just look at the color of the Mercedes logo and the barely legible tyre indicators on the leaderboard:
Have you had the default settings changed to 1080 with 50 fps? It didn't look too bad for me.
Old 23rd March 2024, 12:23   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomyboy View Post
Have you had the default settings changed to 1080 with 50 fps?
Yup, tried with both variants of 1080p (though this should affect the resolution, not the color depth). No joy.
malim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 15:33   #56
BHPian

What I don't like about Fancode is the audio. Sometimes the commentary is barely audible over the noise of the cars/engine. Video quality is passable.

I don't like the fact that I cant watch from the start in case I am not able to join on time. Also replays are not available immediately.

My F1TV had expired and I haven't renewed it yet. I didn't renew it this week because I knew I wouldn't be able to catch any of the sessions live due to some other engagements.

I'll most probably renew it just before the next normal timed race(Probably China). So that I can use it properly the same time next year.
Old 6th April 2024, 05:42   #57
BHPian

FanCode is offering race pass for the Japanese Grand Prix at 50% discount, INR 25.00.

FanCode to stream F1 races in India; watch a race for Rs 49-img_20240406_054020.jpg
Old 11th April 2024, 10:31   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
FanCode is offering race pass for the Japanese Grand Prix at 50% discount, INR 25.00.
The race wasn't even worth that much eh. I was planning to take the bait but thought better of it. Good thing considering how the race transpired! Somehow the current cars (which are huge in size) are outgrowing tracks like Suzuka, which is quite narrow, making passing even harder, especially considering it has plenty of high speed corners.

Will definitely go for event only subscription for Silverstone, Spa & Monza, or if they drop their yearly rate to <Rs 300
ds.raikkonen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks