Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2024, 15:31   #31
BANNED

Re: FanCode to stream F1 races in India; watch a race for Rs 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
. No option to watch any of these later other than live.
This is a deal breaker and I was almost in the F1 TV support chat, ready to ask them to cancel.

At least on Hotstar the race weekend replay was available till the next race.
aim120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 18:24   #32
BHPian

Update:

So i got the weekend pass for Rs49.

Streaming on my fire stick, app is available on the fire stick store. TV viewing is fine, it's a straight forward stream which Hotstar had with 1080P and Sky commentary.

No on boards or timing screens which F1 TV has.

All in all I would say a value for money proposition for the season pass at 600 odd Rs.

Might not renew my F1 TV in March.
atul.sxna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 19:32   #33
BHPian

The Sky Sports commentary and no replays are the deal breakers for me. My F1 TV subscription is due for renewal in the 3rd week of March. Will check whether FanCode have any updates in terms of replays by then and take a call.
Old 1st March 2024, 19:39   #34
BHPian

I was also contemplating whether to go for the FanCode season pass or not, but will wait till the next few races are over. What bothers me is, FanCode seems to almost look pretty much exactly like many other free streaming websites that I have used in the past to watch F1. Usually, these websites seem to have not many bugs or losses in streaming as far as I have used them, and will re-eval based on my experience watching this Bahrain GP through the same way.

One of my friends has purchased the FanCode subscription, he said that one of the downsides to this website is that you cannot change camera angles, watch replays etc like you could on F1TV. That seemed like a bit of a bummer to him, but he says for the price it is justified. Will compare based on his feedback and then take a call on whether to buy the season pass or not.
Old 1st March 2024, 23:02   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.sxna View Post
Update:

So i got the weekend pass for Rs49.

Streaming on my fire stick, app is available on the fire stick store. TV viewing is fine, it's a straight forward stream which Hotstar had with 1080P and Sky commentary.

No on boards or timing screens which F1 TV has.

All in all I would say a value for money proposition for the season pass at 600 odd Rs.

Might not renew my F1 TV in March.

So, after watching the Quali, I'm most probably going to renew my F1 TV subscription. Deal breakers for me are the following:

1. Streaming ratio is capped at 1080P.
2. Cannot pause live tv.
3. Just plain DTH type TV viewing experience.
4. The UI of the app is super basic.

Plus the F1 TV subscription comes with enough perks to justify the cost....articles n vids are not paywalled!!!
atul.sxna is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 07:18   #36
BHPian

Full replays are definitely available. Just confirmed. Had subscribed to fancode yesterday.

Do note that it is better to subscribe using your phone number as log in id.

For Android devices you have option of using email id as well but then you won't be able to login to any apple devices where phone number is the only login option. You can still use the web browser on apple devices but the user experience and interface isn't as good as the app.
revintup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 07:53   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
Full replays are definitely available. Just confirmed. Had subscribed to fancode yesterday.

Do note that it is better to subscribe using your phone number as log in id.

For Android devices you have option of using email id as well but then you won't be able to login to any apple devices where phone number is the only login option. You can still use the web browser on apple devices but the user experience and interface isn't as good as the app.
+1

I can see full replay of yesterday's qualifying. I have taken the ₹599 package. I think it's the best value for money proposition in India to watch F1 this year! Cheers to Fancode for enabling this for us!!

Till last to last year I used to subscribe to Hotstar to watch F1. Since last year there was no Indian broadcast provider I watched the races on the free streams and usually the experience was poor. Stream had delay, would buffer at times and even stop completely.

Last edited by yogiii : 2nd March 2024 at 08:12.
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 09:11   #38
BHPian

Yes, replays are available. Just happened to open up this thread as soon as I woke up and got lucky to get 599/- subscription from the link posted above!

For someone who doesn't want as much details as F1 tv and wants to watch just the race, this is a steal!
MyLife_MyCar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 10:18   #39
BHPian

There is nothing called free streams, it is most definitely illegal streams, but yeah the positives of those streams are you can even watch the Sky post race F1 show, which even F1 TV pro does not have.
Old 2nd March 2024, 11:26   #40
BHPian

I got the weekend pass for Rs 49 to test it out. Was contemplating renewing F1 TV but FanCode seems pretty fine. Only hitch is the stream does not appear to be 4k. Not the end of the world!

I think I will go in for the season pass @ Rs 599. Might as as well save some bucks over F1 TV especially since this season appears to be showing early signs of yet another year of Max domination
promit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 11:54   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post

I can see full replay of yesterday's qualifying. .
Hey, can you put up a screenshot of the app where the replay is available? Can't find it for some reason.
Old 2nd March 2024, 13:01   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Hey, can you put up a screenshot of the app where the replay is available? Can't find it for some reason.
It is on the homepage and under videos in Formula 1 section. Full 1 hour 19 minutes

Refer image below, highlighted in yellow box

FanCode to stream F1 races in India; watch a race for Rs 49-1709364478922.jpg
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 15:23   #43
BHPian

Is it Hotstar style replay? I.e. You cannot start watching from the beginning after the race has started or pause or scroll the live stream And the Replay appears a after the entire race has been completed?
Old 2nd March 2024, 15:36   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
It is on the homepage and under videos in Formula 1 section. Full 1 hour 19 minutes

Refer image below, highlighted in yellow box

Attachment 2578326
Aah, that looks like a bummer. The thumbnail already disclosed the winner or the pole winner. It was so irritating during Hotstar days. Also how soon the replays are available? In Hotstar, it took around 1 hour after end of session for them to upload the replays.

With F1TV, even if the race starts and we join midway, there is option to start from beginning without revealing the current lap details.
rx100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 15:46   #45
BHPian

Hi All,

I haven't subscribed and still able to see Full Replay video of Qualifying from yesterday.

That means subscription is only for live Stream and replays are free. If you aren't able to watch races live due to different time zones, you can skip buying any subscription and still enjoy the races.

Ofcourse, for the occasional race where you want to watch live, you can get the Single Race subscription @49.

Last edited by Love4Cars : 2nd March 2024 at 15:57. Reason: Added last comment
Love4Cars is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks