Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 21:21   #46
Senior - BHPian

I just finished watching the practice & the race seems promising. But somehow with all that lighting it doesn't seem as exciting as the expectations were! Anyhow, as Tony Glock demonstrated towards the end of the session, there is really no room for mistakes, one small mistake & he lost the front wing. So even any small mistakes in qualifying tomorrow or the race on Sunday could prove to be disastrous!
Old 26th September 2008, 21:25   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Anyhow, as Tony Glock demonstrated towards the end of the session, there is really no room for mistakes, one small mistake & he lost the front wing.

Whos' Tony Glock? Timo Glock's brother?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 26th September 2008 at 21:26.
Old 26th September 2008, 23:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Whos' Tony Glock? Timo Glock's brother?
Haan his long lost "Kumbh ke Mele mein bichhra hua twin brother that even Timo doesn't know about"!!!!
Old 27th September 2008, 03:19   #49
Senior - BHPian

Saw the practice this evening. The atmosphere seemed electric. I also noticed the sounds of the engines echoed more loudly during the night. They sounded just awesome. But as Ishan said, there is no room for mistakes. One goof up and you are a gonner. Good work by the organisers too . Cant wait for Sunday now.
Old 27th September 2008, 10:27   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Saw the practice this evening. The atmosphere seemed electric. I also noticed the sounds of the engines echoed more loudly during the night. They sounded just awesome. But as Ishan said, there is no room for mistakes. One goof up and you are a gonner. Good work by the organisers too . Cant wait for Sunday now.
Guys why aren't you posting pics for the sake of the under privileged post some soon. I am missing all the action from here. I am requesting some pics with Ferrari
Old 27th September 2008, 11:32   #51
Senior - BHPian

Many moons ago, I used to work in one of the buildings close by. I bet lots of people stay back late at office to catch some of the action
Old 27th September 2008, 12:06   #52
BHPian

I relocated to Singapore a month back but unfortunately missed on getting my hold on the tickets. Never the less, I still managed to get the glimpse of the cars from City Hall. I must say earplugs were'nt needed till the time the first car raced into the track, and voila cars roaringly followed one another into the circuit and thats what is called 'music'. Awesome stuff. I must say, McLaren, Renault and Ferrari were impressive. McLaren clearly looked faster in the 1st Practice session, unforturnately I wasnt there to see the 2nd practice session. I plan to visit again today and hopefully will get tickets for the last day, one of my friend is travelling out of Singapore and he happens to have 2 tickets . More first hand experience to be penned. Images to follow.
Old 27th September 2008, 13:06   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Many moons ago, I used to work in one of the buildings close by. I bet lots of people stay back late at office to catch some of the action
Heh, I even saw a few people climb up onto a nearby bridge to catch the action.

The atmosphere here at the circuit is great! The sheer noise of the F1 cars is awesome. Since there is a lot of concrete close around the track the sound gets amplified via echoes.

I was right near where Weber crashed, couldnt get pics of it though since the battery in my cam died

The circuit itself looks superb with no room for errors. The race (on track) organisation seems good, but the organisers just cannot seem to handle big crowds, with people crushing near the Bay grandstand and blocking of access to the food courts. So instead of going to the food courts a few hundred spectators (including me) ended up outside the circuit itself. Hopefully today will be better.
Old 27th September 2008, 14:10   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
Guys why aren't you posting pics for the sake of the under privileged post some soon. I am missing all the action from here. I am requesting some pics with Ferrari
i took loads of pics last night, some of them are decent. I will try to upload some pics tonight. By the time we reach our hotel back, its midnight and by then we are dead tired, so finding it difficult to post.
Old 27th September 2008, 22:37   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo8 View Post
Do I call myself lucky.. Read through
Envy you, pal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo8 View Post
The prancing horses within me got aggressive, the colour red made the tifosi in me jump with joy, It was none toher then the world champion himselg Kimi Raikonen.
Tifoso, buddy . It is Tifoso, unless you are royal blood or something, to use plural Tifosi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks