Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2005, 11:37   #1
BHPian

Wurz gets another chance to race

with montoya still out with injury problems, he is unfit to race in imola, Wurz will take his place

this is a great thing for Alex Wurz, he has a chance to race again in F1 and in a good and competitive car, its all down to what he can do on sunda, hope he gets a top 5 finish atleast...

Montoya should be back for spain, i dont think he is going to get down to playing tennis for a long time now.....

Go Wurz

http://www.formula1.com/race/news/2862/735.html
Old 20th April 2005, 12:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Mclaren seem to be experimenting with their drivers. Pedro was a great choice and he did well at Baharain. I thought they would retain him for Imola but now Wurz gets a chance. Its been a long time since we saw in him in an F1 race. This chance should do Wurz a whole lot of good and I hope he does well and gets home some precious point for Mclaren.

Good luck to him

Dippy
Old 20th April 2005, 13:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mclaren seem to be experimenting with their drivers.
wurz is mclaren's third driver.. and the race seat at bahrain should have gone to him..
but adrian newey did the stupid thing of making the mp-20 cockpit too small for wurz to fit into comfortably ( thinking he would get a race drive elsewhere )

they have finally solved that problem..and wurz rightly moves into the race seat
i do consider him to be the quicker driver

at bahrain, pedro was quick at times.. but also 'all over the place' at times..
and he did take quite some time to do all his overtaking
Old 20th April 2005, 13:29   #4
BHPian

Very happy for wurz, he has been one of the more under rated drivers in F1!! Hope he does well and proves his point.
Old 20th April 2005, 13:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari
but adrian newey did the stupid thing of making the mp-20 cockpit too small for wurz to fit into comfortably
How is that a stupid thing? All teams design their cars based on the physique/size of their race drivers not test drivers.

I am certainly surprised by Mclaren's decision. PDR did a great job at Bahrain,IMO. And it makes a whole lot of sense to keep him in the driver's seat since he has put so much more mileage on the MP4-20 than Wurz. When every point is crucial, i don't understand why Mclaren are taking risks.
Old 20th April 2005, 17:38   #6
BHPian

well i guess Mclaren also has to see, who is the better driver between them during a race, PDLR is a good driver, he got his chance for the last race and now Wurz, they probably have to decide which driver should be chosen next time the same situation comes up
Old 20th April 2005, 17:41   #7
Team-BHP Support

Mclaren has always put more faith in Wurz. He would have raced in Bahrain had he been able to fit in JPM's car. So I guess this race is due for him.
Old 20th April 2005, 17:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

It would be great to see Wurz in the drivers' seat! Pedro was good, and really exciting to watch, but, like Hatari said he was all over the place... Now, i hope Wurz does well for himself and McLaren.
Old 20th April 2005, 17:56   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How is that a stupid thing? All teams design their cars based on the physique/size of their race drivers not test drivers.
they have been doing it since dec 2000 when wurz joined them..
and he's the tallest driver mclaren have had
so there's no way he could fit into the cockpit by chance

pedro & alex have done more miles in the car, individually than kimi & montoya combined..
how can the cars not be designed around them as well
Old 22nd April 2005, 11:53   #10
BHPian

thats a good question hatari, well only mclaren bosses can answer that one
Old 22nd April 2005, 12:03   #11
Team-BHP Support

Test cars are race cars a different. The cars being tested are running prototype wings, engine parts etc. It's not as simple as taking that car and putting it in a race.
Old 22nd April 2005, 22:57   #12
BHPian

all the best to him.
he sure is a very under-rated driver.
a chance for him to prove himself.
Old 22nd April 2005, 23:35   #13
BHPian

Wish De La Rosa raced again this time. Agreed he was all over the place but it was real fun watching him take on everyone and anyone. Hope Alex gives us a equally exciting race on sunday. BTW McLaren & De La Rosa were the fastest in Friday practice....so hope they do well and end up 1 2 on the podium.....

Cheers to that !!!
Old 25th April 2005, 14:57   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler
Wish De La Rosa raced again this time. Agreed he was all over the place but it was real fun watching him take on everyone and anyone. Hope Alex gives us a equally exciting race on sunday. BTW McLaren & De La Rosa were the fastest in Friday practice....so hope they do well and end up 1 2 on the podium.....

Cheers to that !!!
Exactly what i've been saying all along. WUrz was way behind Kimi all through the practice, qualifying as well as the race. PDR was much closer to Kimi's pace throughout the weekend at Bahrain.
Old 26th April 2005, 16:33   #15
BHPian

practice and race conditions are always different, i dont think pedro would be faster than kimi in a race, anyways had a good race finished in 4th place and picking up 5 points compared to De La Rosa's 5th place finish in Bahrain, wonder if Montoya will be back in time for Spain, if not who do you think will race next, Wurz or Pedro

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks