Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2009, 14:45   #46
BHPian

i change my alligence from kimi to vettel !!!

way to go vettel
Old 19th April 2009, 15:11   #47
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic race by vettel.Sad to see sutil crash out in 6th.
Ferrari were the "also rans".
Old 19th April 2009, 15:23   #48
Team-BHP Support

Painful to see Adrian Sutil crash out. I was hoping he finished in 6th.
Very entertaining race overall. Both the Red Bull drivers were awesome. Well done, Sebastian Vettel.
Also, good strategy by Brawn to get Barrichello up to 4th after a disastrous 1st leg of the race.
McLaren did well to finish 5th and 6th.
Old 19th April 2009, 15:31   #49
GTO
Team-BHP Support

What an exciting race! THIS is what Formula 1 is all about.

I was disappointed at the start....another boring safety car rain-drenched race. How wrong could I have been? Overtaking was like a natural phenomena up and down the grid. Full marks to Vettel for driving a flawless race - not a single error - and bringing his car first to the flag. Great job by Webber as well, his war with Button had everyone on their toes out here. Jenson drove sensibly to 3rd place, the best he could have done today (if you consider Vettel on a full tank of fuel was quicker than Brawn on fumes!).

For the second time (first was Monaco '08), I feel genuine pain for Force India. While their overall performance & mastery at cooking up excuses leave a lot to be desired, Sutil was looking at a genuine point scoring finish today. My heart skipped a beat when he overcooked the rear end of his car and crashed. Terrible, since Force India really doesn't get (and hasn't deserved either) too many chances to score a single point. Period.

Disappointments galore with Raikonnen - He should either retire or Ferrari ought to kick him out. What an absolutely lacklustre performance. For someone who has built a reputation as an emerging rain master, Hamilton made too many mistakes. Alonso's drive was only above average as well (partially let down by a 10 lap fuel strategy at the start).

Another hero of the day : A relatively unknown Buemi! What phenomenal control on a wet track!! He held Alonso behind him, and convincingly at that. Well deserved point for Toro Rosso.

All in all, a fab race. I can hardly wait for Bahrain.
Old 19th April 2009, 15:50   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
. Terrible, since Force India really doesn't get (and hasn't deserved either) too many chances to score a single point. Period.

why do you say so ? in todays race they pretty much deserved that point ..it was not out of some stroke of luck that Sutil landed up at 6th. there was good racing from his side. and MERCEDES engines are definetly making a difference ( atleast in other than the works team !)

but all in all, i am wondering why there are so many wet races ?? i can understand the excitement , an unexpected gush of rain, brings to the racce but this is turning out too predictable

why would we want to have a race at a place and time when its known that it rains.?? im sure the season opener was much more exciting than the following 2 races
Old 19th April 2009, 21:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

So finally F1 gets the true RainMaster! And its another German!

I loved it when he dint want to wait behind Button to overtake him in the pits and did it on the track. Great driving from Vettel.

The F60 is screwed up big time *sigh*. I hope they get the holy diffuser to work by Barca.
Old 20th April 2009, 04:36   #52
BHPian

Ferrari's worst season in formula 1 since 1981 I believe, where they have been unable to score a single point in the first 3 races. Is this what heaven feels like?

Really sad to see Sutil crash out due to aquaplaning with only 6 laps left. Both times he was on the verge of scoring some points (running 4th in Monaco last year as well), he was being followed by the current world champion (Kimi in Monaco and Lewis yesterday).
Old 20th April 2009, 10:28   #53
Senior - BHPian

What a thrilling race it was.
It was really sad when i saw a tyre jumping around in front of Hamilton. I knew then that Sutil has crashed.

But i have a bone to pick with Star Sports. What a terrible coverage! Most of the overtakes were shown only in replays because either they took a commercial break at that time or they were showing the pitwall!! Its almost as if the camera had a knack of NOT being where the action was!
Old 20th April 2009, 10:43   #54
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic Race I must say.
This year we will see new champion take the roll of honour.
Old 20th April 2009, 11:20   #55
HKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Fantastic Race I must say.
Renault is still there in the back end, Fernando is still confident of winning the championship this year,as Renault is expected to use the diffusers from Spain or Monaco. Renault's bad strategy screwed up his race.

Great driving by Vettel. Lewis was swinging up and down the rankings.
Old 20th April 2009, 11:40   #56
BANNED

It was a good race. Action, as expected! Was thrilling and sometimes brought us to the edge of our seats. Well, F1 is a whole lot better than Mclaren Ferrari days. Good to see new faces frequent the podium.

Ferrari seems to have got itself into a confused mode this year. Bad for them.

Mclaren seems to be getting their acts better slowly. Ron's departure will definitely make some changes in the team. Good or bad? Only time will tell.

Very sad for Addy and Force India. Bad luck??

Rain is dominating this season?? Will it continue like this always???
Let's pray it doesn't. :O
Old 20th April 2009, 12:25   #57
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
why do you say so ? in todays race they pretty much deserved that point ..it was not out of some stroke of luck that Sutil landed up at 6th.
Absolutely! I meant to say that they haven't deserved it any other time (except Monaco '08). But yesterday, it was well-deserved indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
But i have a bone to pick with Star Sports. What a terrible coverage! Most of the overtakes were shown only in replays because either they took a commercial break at that time or they were showing the pitwall!! Its almost as if the camera had a knack of NOT being where the action was!
Haven't you heard? We have officially renamed the channel to Star"ved" Sports. It's even more surprising that most ads were self-promotion (other star sport events) and not necessarily of corporate brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The F60 is screwed up big time *sigh*. I hope they get the holy diffuser to work by Barca.
What I'm really looking forward to is that Red Bull with diffusers. Newer apparently didn't make it to the race as he was busy incorporating the diffusers on the car. Imagine the pace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post
Ferrari's worst season in formula 1 since 1981 I believe, where they have been unable to score a single point in the first 3 races. Is this what heaven feels like?
IMHO, the current season is the first test of Ferrari after the departure of the big guns (Schumy, Todt, Brawn etc.). Massive disappointment. I say get Fonso & Vettel onboard next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Too early to say that. It's only a matter of time before the big 3 (Mc, Ferrari & Renault) get their diffusers in order. Button better make the most of the current situation (which he has).

P.S. : enough with the rains. Let's move on to some clean F-A-S-T & D-R-Y races!!

Last edited by GTO : 20th April 2009 at 12:26. Reason: Adding point
Old 20th April 2009, 12:40   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Rain is dominating this season?? Will it continue like this always???Let's pray it doesn't. :O
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
P.S. : enough with the rains. Let's move on to some clean F-A-S-T & D-R-Y races!!
I beg to differ here.If wet races would be as exciting as yesterday's race,I hope it rains on all race weekends.
Without this rain,we wouldnt have seen so much overtakings happening on the track and above all , I think it separates the wannabe's from the genuinely talented ones

F60 seems to be turning into a disaster of mega proportions for Ferrari.Already Stefano has said if F60 doesnt improve with the diffuser+upgrades planned for Spain,they will throw the towel for this season and start focusing on 2010 - very sad state of affairs.
Old 20th April 2009, 12:45   #59
BANNED

Way to go Vettel. That was one fiery drive on a rainy day.

Button still proving he's the man to look out for, same for Barichello.

But must say RBR-Renault have started showing the uptrend this season.

Poor Sutil, wish he would have holded on to his nerves on the final stages, but nevertheless, they've been better off than the Ferrari's this season.

And with the new diffuser on the force India cars the next race, lets hope for some action from the Force India Boys
Old 20th April 2009, 13:23   #60
BHPian

Enjoyed every moment of the race, but failed to keep a number on the times, Alonso and Hamma spun. Was it three or four?

Massa was fantastic until his Ferrari died on him, how pathetic. I hope Ferrari gives him a reliable and faster one soon.

It wasnt surprising that Alonso was on ultra-light fuel loads in Q3, guess the lone pit-stop strategy didnt go well as planned.

I guess it was only the top four that didnt make any mistakes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks