Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
P.S.: I want to shove an ice cream up Steve Slater's behind

That was annoying wasn't it.
Old 10th May 2009, 19:34   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post

That was annoying wasn't it.
You bet. Steve's favourite pastime is Kimi bashing. Now that Hamilton's driving around in a supermarket trolley (another of Steve's great terms), these Brits have nothing to talk about (Somehow they don't seem to be going gaga about Jensen, who's also a Brit, winning races). So, they go on about Kimi.
Old 10th May 2009, 19:40   #48
Senior - BHPian

Some people build up great teams and that seems to be what Brawn and Jenson seem to be doing at Brawn GP. The pole position snatch by Button was awesome!! Attaboy Brawn!! I hope Rubens has learnt from his days at Ferrari and does not start complaining about favoritism here.

Ferrari,,being a die hard fan what can I say. Dolts planning strategies. At this level how can you ever "miscalculate" fuel amounts?? I don't think they need to improve the car any further if they plan to go ahead with the same pack of "stategists". Look at the amount of money the can save .

Alonso again proves why he is the best champion in F1 to date. A dog of a car in his hands and he brings it to a point scoring finish. Wow!! Hats of to this guy!!

Drive on!!
Shibu.
Old 10th May 2009, 19:49   #49
Senior - BHPian

Good race by the Brawns as usual but really feel sorry for Rubens- I am wondering why Rubens manager did not decide to change strategy ?? after all if getting stuck behind the safety car supposedly led to 3 to 2 pitstop strategy for Button by not for Rubens ?

as for FERRARI - i really wonder whether the silly mistakes that they do is because some top guys have left ?? comon - fuelling the car properly does not require a Ross Brawn or Jean Todd to lead the pits..

something else seems to be the problem at the pits
Old 10th May 2009, 20:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

The Ferrari team management should be sacked!
They are so consistent in commiting blunders!
Old 10th May 2009, 20:57   #51
BHPian

Quote:
a whole ice cream truck would be nice up his. what a bunch of goofs he and his fellow commentator were. they had no clue as to what to focus on in the race. it was bleeding obvious after a while that rubens was on a 3 stop strategy, that goofball slater kept making moronic statements. they never mentioned vettel throughout the race or what was brewing with webber behind them and how he managed to jump both the cars. for gods sake i presume that they have timing monitors at "race central" (a room behind paula and alex's studio i presume) and it would have be nice for them to update the viewers on lap times rather than blabber away. slater thinks that he is commentating only to f1 first timers. Grrrrrrrr!!!!! i miss martin and james.

however, a great win for button, again. it will be interesting if they can keep this up till the end.
Old 10th May 2009, 22:01   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And I want to rotate for a while and then make him eat it.
Old 10th May 2009, 22:13   #53
Senior - BHPian

Another great win by Brawn GP. Looks like they are on their way to becoming champions. The season long but they have bloody good chance to do that. I dont how Webber got into third but nice to see him at the podium. I was happy that Massa was running third but I dont know what Ferraris is moking this season. How can you not fuel a car properly. This team was once pit stop masters (Thanks to Ross Brawn). Kimi's bad luck continues. Mclaren were no where. Alonso did well with his points finish.

About Steve Slater the less said the better. He is indeed a big goof. I cant even count the no. of times he has mistakes while identifying drivers on the track, leave alont the other goof ups. There will never be anyone like Murray Walker.
Old 10th May 2009, 22:18   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
a whole ice cream truck would be nice up his. what a bunch of goofs he and his fellow commentator were. they had no clue as to what to focus on in the race. it was bleeding obvious after a while that rubens was on a 3 stop strategy, that goofball slater kept making moronic statements. they never mentioned vettel throughout the race or what was brewing with webber behind them and how he managed to jump both the cars. for gods sake i presume that they have timing monitors at "race central" (a room behind paula and alex's studio i presume) and it would have be nice for them to update the viewers on lap times rather than blabber away. slater thinks that he is commentating only to f1 first timers. Grrrrrrrr!!!!! i miss martin and james.

however, a great win for button, again. it will be interesting if they can keep this up till the end.
Yeah the ferrari team wasn't the only bungling idiots out there. Steve & Damien were giving them company. They had no clue how Webber leapfrogged Massa & Vettel and finished 3rd.

Of course they have timing monitors. We can have one too as you regulars at F1 would know (just take a laptop & log in to F1.com & launch live timing). If we can have one, obviously those idiots would have them too. Steve once commented that Ruebens sector times were purple in the first 2 sectors (i think just before his 2nd stop) - further proof that he has access to the timing screens but was more interested in Kimi bashing than giving us the less obvious facts from the race.

Star sports - please bring back Chris Goodwin at least. He's more objective & doesn't blabber like Steve Slater & Co.
Old 11th May 2009, 00:38   #55
Team-BHP Support

I was out, so I missed the race. The way you guys are going about it, Steve Slater must've created history today. I must watch the repeat telecast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Alonso again proves why he is the best champion in F1 to date. A dog of a car in his hands and he brings it to a point scoring finish. Wow!! Hats of to this guy!!

Whether anyone likes him or not, everyone knows he's the best. My favourite for sure.
Old 11th May 2009, 00:41   #56
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely shocking display by Ferrari today. Looking at the kind of mistakes they make these days, I wouldn't be surprised if a new comer to F1 thinks Ferrari is new to F1. Ferrari have become a laughing stock now.

Steve Slater, its a torture these days to listen to him, he has absolutely no clue of what is going on. It was obvious that Rubens was on 3 stopper when he made first stop and took in just 18 laps worth fuel. But Steve was probably busy thinking about a dumb joke. Also star sports is probably the worst when it comes to F1 broadcasting. Even the host Steve Dawson is an idiot. Things were a lot better 5 years back. I wish there was an alternative channel to watch F1.
Old 11th May 2009, 08:56   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Absolutely shocking display by Ferrari today. Looking at the kind of mistakes they make these days, I wouldn't be surprised if a new comer to F1 thinks Ferrari is new to F1. Ferrari have become a laughing stock now.

Steve Slater, its a torture these days to listen to him, he has absolutely no clue of what is going on. It was obvious that Rubens was on 3 stopper when he made first stop and took in just 18 laps worth fuel. But Steve was probably busy thinking about a dumb joke. Also star sports is probably the worst when it comes to F1 broadcasting. Even the host Steve Dawson is an idiot. Things were a lot better 5 years back. I wish there was an alternative channel to watch F1.
You're absolutely right about Steve Dawson. He & Paula don't know jack s**t about F1. They just pretend they know everything & just play along with their more knowledgeable co-commentators (Alex Yoong or Karun Chandok). W. r. t. Steve Slater, they should enforce a new rule in Star Sports that dis-allows him to be paired with another British Commentator.
Old 11th May 2009, 09:01   #58
Team-BHP Support

Excellent job by Massa for getting the best FE from a F1 car. lol.

Now can we fill a little more fuel for the next race please.
Old 11th May 2009, 12:39   #59
BHPian

Great race for the Brawns, but you can scense that Rubens is going to have to start playing a support role to Button sometime soon.

As for Ferrari - the less said the better.

From what you guys says. it looks like you star sports have different commentators to the BBC. Have you guys tried watching the F1 race on BBC live online? Might be a bit better - no adverts and Martin Brundle, Jonathan Legard arent too bad.
Old 11th May 2009, 12:54   #60
BANNED

There's a saying in Kannada " Bartha Bartha Rayara Kudre Kathe Aaithanthe" which means " As days are passing the Kings Royal horse is turning a Donkey"

Ferrari needs to pull up and show that they still have competitiveness after Schumi's exit. The team seems to be going nowhere this season,

So is our Force India- Mr VJM please wake up and get some aggressive drivers. I am available this season.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks