Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2009, 13:43   #61
BHPian

Ferrai = Comedy of errors.
OWG = Wastage of time.

Lewis and Alonso also drove well (more than what the car is capable of). See where their team mates were.

Dirvers of the day for me JB, MW, and FA.

Vettels race was compromised when Felipe over took him the first corner. Other wise he had the pace to challenge for the top step. May be Redbull should fuel him light for Monaco and get P1 in quali.

As for FI,
Ardian Sutil made up some positions on start (i think he was P12) when taken out by Trulli. He is doing pretty okay and Fisico is the one who needs a kick in the back. The car in general also looks bad.
Old 11th May 2009, 13:48   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir Taheer View Post
Great race for the Brawns, but you can scense that Rubens is going to have to start playing a support role to Button sometime soon.

As for Ferrari - the less said the better.

From what you guys says. it looks like you star sports have different commentators to the BBC. Have you guys tried watching the F1 race on BBC live online? Might be a bit better - no adverts and Martin Brundle, Jonathan Legard arent too bad.
Are you sure about Martin Brundle? I read somewhere that he's the worst of the lot. I'll try to post a link of that article when I find it. I think it was on planetf1.com
Old 11th May 2009, 14:22   #63
Senior - BHPian

The race was a disaster, wasn't it?

But all this Ferrari Pit wall bashing is uncalled for (Kimis Q1 debacle is an exception). The reason for Massa's low fuel was not the strategy but the equipment. During both the stops Massa's car was not fueled properly, hence the end of the race shenanigans.

What really ticks me off is the appalling reliability. They keep on having issues with KERS, and then it is further compounded during the race and results in a DNF.

The positives that I see are that Ferrari have clearly leapfrogged many teams and are now the 3rd best car behind Brawn and RBR and this too with an interim diffuser. The pace will only improve (And so will the reliability, hopefully) with the full on diffusor.

This season is gone and both the championships are out of reach
Old 11th May 2009, 16:34   #64
BHPian

Brawn GP is ruling the circuit. Button really has a beautiful car to show off his skills. The 13 sec lag between Button and Rubens just because of the strategy change is really sad. Rubens is simply used to coming 2nd, since his Ferrari days (Shumi days! - Aus 2002). I hope he conquers the podium in the next race.

Ferrari needs to stop making mistakes, they are becoming a joke for the other teams (and certain fans), imagine, how would they ever make a mistake of putting in wet tires on a dry circuit (last race) ? And they so called most praised team cant even come with a strategy for fuel management (Massa, this race). It was lame when they said " you got to manage your fuel " and massa crying " what can i do ? " over the team radio. He really did his part, less shifts and he was running heavy with kers what more can he do ? Cheers to Massa for his FE management! Another part was " you have to let him go ! ", so pathetic when massa left Vettel.

Ferrri started the f1! You cant even plan a proper statergy in a track you have been racing since the begining ? And KERS failure for Kimi. Kimi has the second most wins among the current racers! You cant even get a working car for him ?? Such a good talent put to waste because of the team!

And McLaren, you guys should really spend some time working on the aero! Hamilton showcased a really calm and cool driving, especially when he avoided the crash, it was beautiful. But really sad when considering the fact that the defending camp cant even try defending the title. Lewis has been McLaren's kid since he was 13. This may be the 1st season in which Lewis is running a car that aint up to the mark! I hope he comes up this season. Hope the team works hard! And was Hamilton using kers, he had it, but did he really use it?

Alonso! the Spaniard did everything to make the fans happy!
Old 11th May 2009, 17:09   #65
BHPian

After so much hype Ferrari turned out another rubbish performance . Electrical problems , fuel management problems come on this is a defending champion team .
Do any of you think Barrichelo was eased into second place by the master stratergist Brawn . He seems to have too much love for Button
Old 11th May 2009, 19:11   #66
Senior - BHPian

British teams always favour British drivers. Look at the preferential treatment Hamilton gets. Steve Slater used to cry foul when Schumacher was the no.1 driver and given preference. When Brit teams do it, it's OK for him.
Old 11th May 2009, 20:25   #67
Team-BHP Support

Possibility: Button is much younger than Reubens, so, Ross Brawn feels he's a better driver to invest in. Ross has gotten used to Barrichello being a No. 2 driver.
But, one can't really say that British teams really favour British drivers. Alain Prost was given preference compared to Damon Hill while at Williams. Hakkinen and Kimi were the preferred No. 1s to Coulthard while at McLaren.
British commentators are biased, but then, who isn't?
Old 11th May 2009, 22:17   #68
Senior - BHPian

I cant believe Ross Brawn's disgusting trick to snatch victory away from Barrichello and hand it to Jenson.

Rubens was on fire all weekend and was flying in practice and quali. Come Q3, Jenson by pure luck + lighter fuel load took pole. Even Jenson himself wondered in the interview how he was able to be faster than Rubens.

Rubens got a lightning start and was lapping 3-4 s ahead of Jenson.
Seeing this, Brawn put him on a 3-stopper knowing clearly well that it would slow him down enough to let Jenson to take over the lead.

In the post race interview Jenson flat out lied to the whole world that they were both on 3 stoppers and it was his strategy that had been changed to a 2 stopper. Found the whole episode quite sickening because this is waay too early in the c'ship to be favouring one teammate.

After years of getting shafted in Ferrari team, surely he deserves better.

Last edited by Mpower : 11th May 2009 at 22:19.
Old 12th May 2009, 00:37   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
In the post race interview Jenson flat out lied to the whole world that they were both on 3 stoppers and it was his strategy that had been changed to a 2 stopper. Found the whole episode quite sickening because this is waay too early in the c'ship to be favouring one teammate.

After years of getting shafted in Ferrari team, surely he deserves better.
I think you have a point, Only Rubens was on 3 stopper in the whole grid. That too after 5 laps behind safety car, it made no sense to be on a 3 stopper. This is exactly the reason i never liked Ferrari during Brawn/Schumi reign.
But from Brawn's point of view it makes perfect sense for a Button win. That way they are maximizing chance of getting WDC, which although looks like in control of Button right now, could change if other teams catch up during the course of the season.
Old 12th May 2009, 01:00   #70
Senior - BHPian

I can sense the silence and disgust in the Ferrari fans all over the world.
I really want the old season back. Good old Mclaren vs Ferrari battles. Dam i miss them.
Iam really losing interest in F1. Its not the same anymore. And budget cap next..???
Are they trying to drown F1..??? The oldies mosley, Bernie WAKE UP MAN!!!!
Old 12th May 2009, 09:50   #71
BHPian

Rubens threatens to leave F1 if...

After telling that he wont follow any team orders anymore, RB talked to Brazilian press,

"It [the race] wasnt the way we thought, after a weekend when my setup was good" said RB. "Jenson copied my setup, I got a better start, I made the thing work, and at the end I didnt get the points I wished. I was sure that winning the race was obvious."

The driver said he went into the garage to said to the boss "exactly what I wanted to say, which was: if he did something for Jenson to win the race, I'd hang my boots [Brazilian expression for retiring] and go home". "I dont need this, I'm better than that, that's what I said to him, and his answer was clear: he won by concidence."

RB also said that, because he was stopping 1 lap after Jenson, wanted to know about the [switch]. "I wasnt given a choice. I had 1 lap to decide if I wanted or not to make 2 stops. Stopping twice was was never considered an option in our mettings."

"I'm thankful for this moment, driving a competitive car, I think this race was mine. It wasn't. The team thinks it was pure coincidence, and this is the way I leave here, with my head up high".

So, RB looks pissed about what happened, and is determined to challenge for the WDC, even if it takes challenging team orders.After many years taking crap from Ferrari, has Rubens had enough? Its about time
Old 12th May 2009, 10:51   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Ross has gotten used to Barrichello being a No. 2 driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I cant believe Ross Brawn's disgusting trick to snatch victory away from Barrichello and hand it to Jenson.
Aditya,thats a very valid point.

Mpower,whats so disgusting about Ross's trick?With RB being on 3 stopper,he had a lighter car and before his final stop he needed to be 22 seconds ahead of Button.If he couldnt manage that,then its his fault as Ross correctly said.

Petrohead,Ross would not mind that.Brawn GP IS the team any driver would want to be in this season.I wont be surprised if Brawn dumps RB for someone else.
Old 12th May 2009, 10:57   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrish01 View Post
Are you sure about Martin Brundle? I read somewhere that he's the worst of the lot. I'll try to post a link of that article when I find it. I think it was on planetf1.com
Martin is good, I've watched him on ITV F1.

+1 to Danlalan, missing those Ferrari vs Siver arrow days.
Old 12th May 2009, 10:59   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Brawn GP IS the team any driver would want to be in this season.I wont be surprised if Brawn dumps RB for someone else.
Why would they want to trade Rubens, who is one of the most experienced drivers on the grid now, for someone else?? And i don't think any of the drivers from the other teams would take that seat either.

Yes BrawnGP is on top now, thanks to the trick diffuser and the head start they got. With so many races still left, its still anyones game.

BTW what sponsors does BrawnGP have besides Terminator and Virgin Galactic??

Last edited by karthik247 : 12th May 2009 at 11:05.
Old 12th May 2009, 11:46   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
Why would they want to trade Rubens, who is one of the most experienced drivers on the grid now, for someone else?? And i don't think any of the drivers from the other teams would take that seat either.
Any one would want to trade. Lets look at the stats, Button - the guy had just one win in his f1 carrier until this season, and look where Brawn has taken him. The drivers merely need to win, every thing else comes like a miracle.

Quote:
Yes BrawnGP is on top now, thanks to the trick diffuser and the head start they got. With so many races still left, its still anyones game.
Look at the stats from the last race weekend, 13 second lead. Its not just merely a diffuser that got them there. How far did the new ferrari go ? 50.8 secs behind ?
Every one around knows that the other teams need more time to catch up with BrawnGP. Those guys are still working on their car like all the other teams and that too in a very rapid pace. You got to admire the team for that.

Quote:
BTW what sponsors does BrawnGP have besides Terminator and Virgin Galactic??
Does it really matter ? Technically the team is not even 1 year old. More over they are doing really good.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks