Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2009, 00:19   #76
BHPian

Button has made one of the best starts to the world championship ever seen in F1. His achievement equals Schumacher’s in 2002, again by Schumacher in 1994 (and Nigel Mansell in 1992).

It looks like Button is on course to match Schumacher’s victory record from 2004 of 12 wins from the first 13 races. But he has a long way to go to achieve that record, needing another seven wins from the next seven rounds just to equal Schumacher’s tally.
Old 25th May 2009, 11:37   #77
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari is back.
And what a drive by Kimi! He was flying with usual smooth style. He would have made P2 if not for the bad pitstop. Massa was real good too.
Hope nobody gets a penalty for cutting through the chicane.

Btw, the next race is Turkey and I remember Massa's comment after his hatrick win last year.
"I think I should get a Turkey passport"!
Old 25th May 2009, 11:47   #78
BHPian

Go Kimi!!

I'm happy to see Ferrari back in biz. But I had my heart in ma mouth when I saw Kimi banging his Ferrari over the kerbs That was one aggressive Kimi driving the Ferrari y'day!! Good to see that sort of aggressiveness in Kimi after a long time
Old 25th May 2009, 12:00   #79
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Go Kimi Go!!!!

At Monaco, Ferrari seemed to have regained some lost form with a P3 and P4 finish. However, Kimi could have easily got a P2 if it weren't for the "shambolic pitstop" (to quote Steve Slater) Kimi seems to finally have a fire brewing inside his otherwise icecold head and drove with agression we haven't seen in a long time
Old 25th May 2009, 12:40   #80
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari are back or so it seems. I hope this continues further into the season and are able to win a few races.

I found the race at Monaco boring and processional (as usual). Too bad Kimi lost his second place at the start and thats where he remained till the end, third.

Really surprised to see the slump from Toyota and BMW, they were a joke.
Bring on Turkey, Felipe baby's hunting ground.

cheers
Old 25th May 2009, 12:56   #81
BHPian

Thumbs-Up to Ferrari for their form, rooting for them to win the Turkish GP.
And the fastest lap of the race with KERS on-board, Ferrari are back I read that Kimi was smiling after the race yesterday, that says much about the car.

I have a feeling Ferrari could have fared better, had they started on the super-softs as BGP did.
Old 25th May 2009, 14:14   #82
Senior - BHPian

Splemdid performence from Button from Start to Finish.Ferrari seemed to hae regained some confidence after their finish.
Cant say much abt my Mclarens who are langushing like anything this season.
Old 25th May 2009, 15:15   #83
BHPian

Nice to see that Kimi has given all his fans something to cheer about. We've been waiting for a long time to see him on the podium. Hope that he gets better as the season progresses.

Just a thought about the WDC. If Ferrari want Kimi or Massa to challenge for the WDC, that driver has to win all the subsequent races of the season & Button has to finish 3rd or lower in all of those races. There might be a lot of other permutations & combinations but this one of the ways, Ferrari can make up their 42 point deficit in the WDC. Seems like a very tall order...
Old 25th May 2009, 16:45   #84
Senior - BHPian

Finally the Monaco weekend is over and away for another year. The boring race ever in the F1 calendar.

Button's win was a stunner. He just drove an amazing race and well deserved win. Kimi drove an amazing & a very composed race! But it was finally a wheel nut which made him lose a possible fight with Rubens. Anyways, a podium was much better than what they were scoring this season. I am happy

Nice, Ferrari is up there. Waiting for them to give a tough time to the Brawns.

Last edited by anachronix : 25th May 2009 at 16:50.
Old 26th May 2009, 11:15   #85
BHPian

Domenicali: Ferrari must find downforce

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali was encouraged by his team’s strong showing in Monaco – but says it needs to further improve the aerodynamics of its car if it is to close the gap to championship leader Brawn.

The Maranello squad enjoyed its best outing of a hitherto difficult season last weekend, getting one car onto the front row of the grid, finishing third and fourth, and suffering none of the reliability problems that have hobbled it in previous races.

The performance came on the back of clear evidence of progress two weeks before in Spain, where Ferrari introduced a major car upgrade.
“What we have seen in Spain is confirmed here; it shows that what we are doing is going in the right direction,” said Domenicali.

“We need to stay focused on our job, stay focused on the fact that in Turkey we need to improve again [but] at least now we can see we are a little bit closer to the other cars that were in front of us.

“It’s a good sign and a good motivation for all the people who started the season not very well.”

Domenicali says Ferrari needs to continue to focus on improving the F60’s downforce if it is to claw back the remaining deficit to the pace-setters.
He expects the Scuderia to bring an improved car to the next race in Istanbul, but admits Brawn will not be standing still either.

“I think for sure downforce is the most important thing that we have to recover,” he said.

“This will help a lot in high-speed corners, but generally this is the biggest problem we need to attack.

“I’m sure that already in Turkey we should have another step forward in this direction, even if I would say we are pretty sure that our competitors will not stay with the same spec, so they will do a step again.

“This is racing and this is what we love about racing – the others are challenging you, you try to react, and it shows who is the first who can recover.”

Like Felipe Massa, Domenicali reckons it would premature to say Ferrari has surpassed Red Bull Racing as Brawn’s main challenger until it has proved its mettle at a faster track.

“I don’t know,” he said. “I think they [Red Bull] are very strong; they had a couple of problems today.

“But you know me – I don't underestimate anyone, above all those that showed they did a good job at the beginning.

“We will see. For sure we have closed the gap and during this weekend it seems that we were good.”

F1 2009 - Monaco GP-53808_2.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks