Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2005, 08:34   #1
BANNED

NARAIN finishes 4th !!

I woke up in the middle of the night with no clue as to wat all was brewing up over the week end in Indianapolis nor any clue to the time of the race , and I just switched on the TV and went to the sports chanel and the first thing I saw was the race positions and WAS I SHOCKED to see Narains name at 4th position . Woke everyone up ( had a few friends over) as I was still in a daze .

Hope he had been faster than his team mate on this week end so he cud have been on the podium ... Happy that atleast he got into the points though not the best way to do so ... !!

I'm sure there will b a lot of discussion on this race in the coming days ... Another point of talking will be the incident between the 2 ferraris where Michael almost took himself and his team mate out of the race ..lol --- A very close shave for the two of them ..

Lets see wat our members feel of this race ..

Cheers
Old 20th June 2005, 09:01   #2
BHPian

Monteiro finished in third, half a MINUTE ahead of Karthikeyan. If Karthikeyan gets consistently beaten by his teammate for the rest of the season, he won't have a drive next year.

And talk about the race - what a fiasco!
Old 20th June 2005, 09:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

NK should finished on the podium because he had a golden oppurtunity, but again he overdid things and finished 4th.
Old 20th June 2005, 09:45   #4
BHPian

FARCE 1 is here folks....bye bye Formula 1

as for Narain....got his butt kicked by Monteiro...
Old 20th June 2005, 10:03   #5
Team-BHP Support

I was thrilled for a moment until I found out only 3 teams were racing and it involved only 6 cars. NK was more closer to last finishers, 3rd from the last.
Old 20th June 2005, 11:25   #6
Senior - BHPian

monteiro drove superbly of the 2 jordans ...he pulled a quick lead and held on to it ,this is when a smooth drivingg style works for a car which cant be pushed to fast ..someone get that in his head ,he keeps pushing beyond the parameters of his car ..am happy for him am sure desi media will totally flatter him for his 4rth finish ..

unless he does something about his driving style which is fit for the go karts ,he aint getting a ride nct season thats for sure ...
Old 20th June 2005, 14:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

narains rce engineered told him not to push the car as they really wanted both cars to finish the race. Narain probably could have finished a bit better than montiero but it was pointless to risk it
Old 20th June 2005, 14:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

Please change the title of this thread to "Narain Couldnt Finish Third"
Old 20th June 2005, 14:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak
Narain probably could have finished a bit better than montiero but it was pointless to risk it
or may not have finished ?

the reason he was asked to lap in 1min 15s was he pushed too hard initially and he had to preserve his rear tyres in order to last the race because he suffered from a lot of tyre wear ...
inspite of that he was lapping 1min 14's ...
Old 20th June 2005, 15:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

I would have been happier if he had finished 3rd. I think this is the only chance he had of a podium finish and he couldn't do it!
Old 20th June 2005, 17:32   #11
Senior - BHPian

Narain had golden opportunity to impress team bossed for his future
but Tiago stole that from Narain
Old 20th June 2005, 18:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

bad race for narain.. he should have beaten his team-mate..
now i'm starting to believe tiago's getting the hang of the jordan and is looking very strong
NK.. buck up
Old 20th June 2005, 18:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Narain didnt look comfortable with the track... somehow Tiago seems to get the better of the two when it comes to tracks like Indy and Canadian track etc... it suits his style. Narain was really slow compared to his team mate yesterday.
As for the race..... it was the DUMBEST race i've ever seen. An embarrasment to F1. At this rate, F1 won't become popular in the US where it is trying to get a market. Lost all my respect for F1. They should have included the chicane and then atleast the Michelin runners could have raced. Everyone makes mistakes, Michelin did it this time, all the teams paid for it BIG time. F1 will really suffer to gain popularity. There is no way that it'll beat the NASCAR and Indycar popularity.
Ferrari too were arrogant enough not to allow the chicane to be added. Its bad on their part. A black day for F1...
Old 20th June 2005, 19:25   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari
bad race for narain.. he should have beaten his team-mate..
now i'm starting to believe tiago's getting the hang of the jordan and is looking very strong
NK.. buck up

monteiro has adapted well to the jordan race car ..unlike Narain whos sticks to his ragged driving style therefore being outpaced by his teamate each time ...

his survival in formula 1 depends on how quickly he can adapt to his team/car setup or else ..he'll be earning his living doing TV commercials ....
Old 20th June 2005, 19:47   #15
Senior - BHPian

Lets look at the some positive points:
  • Finished race
  • Fourth position
  • Finished ahead of Albers who had outqualified him
  • Fastest Lap Time - 1:13.370 compared to Monteiro's 1.13:237, good enough.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks