Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 14:24   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
I am worried how Alonso would react if he comes to Ferrari and Massa starts beating him.
No worries there.

He will whine
He will scream
He will accuse Ferrari of giving Massa faster toys
My imagination runs out here. In the last few years the scandals in F1 have been way beyond any imagination
Old 29th September 2009, 14:35   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
No worries there.

He will whine
He will scream
My imagination runs out here. In the last few years the scandals in F1 have been way beyond any imagination
Don't forget blackmailing the team to get number one status

P.S. Its a joke, its a joke! Don't get worked up over it
Old 29th September 2009, 15:57   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Sometimes mere numbers don't tell the real story. Kimi and McLaren were a far more lethal force than they get credit for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Its all the stats, half of Kimi's stats were down to the car and the Mclaren team have even admitted that they couldnt make a reliable car which could have made Kimi score his WDC in 2003 & 2005!
Raikkonen back to McLaren? Could it just be?-f1_2002_2006_stats.jpg

Raikkonen back to McLaren? Could it just be?-f1_2007_2009_stats.jpg

Quote:
So you mean to say even Ferrari & Mclaren did wrongly overrate Kimi to make him one of the highest paid in F1?
It was Ferrari who elevated Kimi to the position of highest paid F1 driver after Schumi retired in 2006. Anyway, it looks like they've realized now that they weren't getting their money's worth !

Quote:
Plus, the reason for giving Massa a confirmed drive for 2010, he shed blood this year! Too much of crap for me to take from Ferrari.
What did you expect, shedding blood is a big deal for Italians

To the Schumi fans who bemoan the possible exit of Kimi, please YouTube his infamous comment when being asked about his absence from Schumi's felicitation ceremony.

P.S. - Also look up how many times Kimi's visited Massa (at the hospital or otherwise) after his unfortunate accident - you'd be surprised by the answer ! He truly is the "IceMan"...

Last edited by im_srini : 29th September 2009 at 16:02.
Old 29th September 2009, 16:31   #64
BANNED

The musical chairs will sort itself out only after the situation vis a vis Alonso is clear! Only then will the pieces fall into place.
Old 29th September 2009, 16:46   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
No worries there.

He will whine
He will scream
..and then move back to Renault.

But seriously, as much as I personally dislike Alonso, the man is an absolute pleasure to watch in a race car. At the end of the day 2 WC's do say a lot.

Man, the 2010 season is sure going to be pure fireworks.
Old 29th September 2009, 16:47   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
To the Schumi fans who bemoan the possible exit of Kimi, please YouTube his infamous comment when being asked about his absence from Schumi's felicitation ceremony.
err,I for one,also find it equally difficult to forget the "Michael,who?" T-shirt worn by FA's mechanics after he won the 2005 WDC.Seeing Alonso in Red overall's will indeed be very very hard to digest.

Should this swap happen,its a perfect recipe for disaster - Both for Ferrari and for Mclaren.

Alonso will point finger's at everyone excluding him if he inst ahead of Massa.Lewis isnt any less than Alonso -remember he demanded on par status with a 2 times World champion in his debut year.With already reports saying he and his dad not happy!!??!!??!!?? with Kimi's intended switch to Mclaren ,2010 will be a year to remember for non racing reasons.

About Kimi,until recently I never believed the "lack of motivation" talks that did the round last year.But this year with talks of Ferrari wanting to get rid of him doing the rounds,he has upped his game as if to proove a point.It definitely seemed to have spurred him.IMHO,the last year's motivation talks seem true now.
Old 29th September 2009, 17:02   #67
Senior - BHPian

The stats obviously looks like Kimi has done better than Alonso in 2003, 2004 & close performance in 2005!

Check the number of mechanical failures/retirements Kimi had in all those years for some more enlightening!

Quote:
It was Ferrari who elevated Kimi to the position of highest paid F1 driver after Schumi retired in 2006. Anyway, it looks like they've realized now that they weren't getting their money's worth !

He is rated well with the mediocre Mclaren that he had at that time!
So Ferrari was a fool to hire him!?

To excel in a mediocre car is something what great men have achieved. That got many great drivers in F1 to bigger teams. How do you think Michael was brought in by Ferrari from Benetton?

Quote:
Justifiable reason to give this driver a chance! Way to go really...

Quote:
Another justifiable reason to opt for a driver to be out of the team!

Oh, you must have forgot what Renault team was wearing when the Spaniard won the WDC in 2005/2006!

Quote:
P.S. - Also look up how many times Kimi's visited Massa (at the hospital or otherwise) after his unfortunate accident - you'd be surprised by the answer ! He truly is the "IceMan"...
Now, surprise us with a stats sheet of who visited Massa, when and how many times!

If the papers don't talk about it, nobody knows about it!
Old 29th September 2009, 17:07   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Don't forget blackmailing the team to get number one status
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
..and then move back to Renault.
This sounds so very possible, its wierd. One could make a good summer blockbuster based on a similar script! Do I hear any producers lining up??

Quote:
But seriously, as much as I personally dislike Alonso, the man is an absolute pleasure to watch in a race car. At the end of the day 2 WC's do say a lot.

Man, the 2010 season is sure going to be pure fireworks.
Fireworks mostly on the track I hope! Alonso's ability was never in question. Everything else about his public grouse with his own team is.

Schumi, for all the controversies that dogged him and as a result his team, did not even once turn on the team and berate them in public. That kind of behaviour goes a long way in building a team around you.

Somehow, I just do not see any of the current drivers being like that, least of all Alonso.
Old 29th September 2009, 17:26   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Woah ! Where was Kimi last year ? And for the record, for all his time at McLaren, it was Ferrari who gave him his first championship wasn't it ?

In my opinion, the finn is over-rated. Alonso's a better talent - after all he was the one who put both Schumi & Kimi in their places - twice in a row !
Where was he last year ? He equalled "most number of fastest laps in a season record" of none other than Herr Schumacher in a car he did not feel comfortbale in . The " over rated " Finn actuallly won a race for Ferrari at Spa this year in a car they had stopped devoloping and then salvaged a podium in front of the Tifosi at Monza . That over rated Finn won a championship for Ferrari ( Ferrari did not give it to him in a platter , it was teamwork) in 2007 when he was 17 points behind with three races to go .
Old 29th September 2009, 20:17   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 199325

Attachment 199326

Are we analysing Kimi the racing driver or Kimi the man?

If its the latter that decides who drives best consistently, then what of brother Fernando's outrageous behaviour re. Hamilton in 2007?
What of Schumi and Ferrari's less than fair behaviour re. Barichello in 2002-04?

One can have strong views about one's favourite drivers but I don't think anyone should ascribe reasons for Ferrari trying to ease out with gross bad taste, arguably the best F1 driver today.
If Ferrari's cars have been so wonderful and Kimi so listless as a driver, then what was Massa doing in 2007 and 2008? He should've won as easily as Schumi was doing in 2003-04, when Ferrari indeed had the best and fastest package overall.

Let Ferrari's bosses come out and say that they entirely misjudged Kimi's potential and talent when they signed him up from 2007!

Come chaps, it is very clear: Ferrari's sponsor Santander wants a Spanish driver. Brawn's partner Mercedes wants a German driver at Brawn. Luca has a good relationship with Massa, plus Ferrari thinks they can do better in 2010 with Massa and Alonso; maybe brother Fernando will be able to 'convince' Massa on how important team spirit is and persuade the latter to 'help' Alonso, help Ferrari.
Old 29th September 2009, 21:41   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
One can have strong views about one's favourite drivers but I don't think anyone should ascribe reasons for Ferrari trying to ease out with gross bad taste, arguably the best F1 driver today.
A ferrari fan as I am, this stinks! I love the Ferrari team, but the way they are easing out Kimi lacks class.

Quote:
If Ferrari's cars have been so wonderful and Kimi so listless as a driver, then what was Massa doing in 2007 and 2008? He should've won as easily as Schumi was doing in 2003-04, when Ferrari indeed had the best and fastest package overall.
Massa, was going around and trying to beat Kimi as best as he could. The fact that Mclaren had a wonderful car with atleast 1 super-quick driver in it did not help.

Quote:
Let Ferrari's bosses come out and say that they entirely misjudged Kimi's potential and talent when they signed him up from 2007!
Kimi's reputation was built on some outstanding drives for Mclaren in at-times outdated machinery (whole of 2003) and in scintillating run-through-the-field drives (e.g. Suzuka 2005)
He has not come close to any of that with Ferrari. A lot of things need to come right in order to re-create that magic recipe. Maybe the ingredients were wrong.

Quote:
maybe brother Fernando will be able to 'convince' Massa on how important team spirit is and persuade the latter to 'help' Alonso, help Ferrari.
This I doubt very much. Massa is as much a fiesty character as Alonso. If Alonso expects something like this, he will be in for a surprise. When Massa helped Kimi win, he was still building up his reputation & experience & could not match Kimi's late season winning streak.

Now Massa is the one who was World Champion for 15 seconds and lost it by just 1 point to the "wonderkid" Hamilton.

Last edited by gomzi : 29th September 2009 at 21:42.
Old 29th September 2009, 22:46   #72
BHPian

Interesting Read . Mclaren are waiting for Ferrari to make the first move !
McLaren â??hugely supportiveâ?? of Kovy - F1 | ITV Sport
Some quotes from the article : (itv interviewing mclaren)
Quote:
“Pretty much everybody is talking to everybody at the moment,” he said.
“We’re hugely supportive of doing everything we can with Heikki at the moment, and we keep an open mind at this stage.
“We’ll wait and see. I don’t think ours will be the first driver move that ‘clinches’ the market.”
Old 30th September 2009, 00:25   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anything wrong in some humor? How is this relevant anyway?

Quote:
And your point is?

Whatever you say, even die hard Tifosi are disappointed with the way Ferrari is treating Kimi.
Old 30th September 2009, 21:15   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Whatever you say, even die hard Tifosi are disappointed with the way Ferrari is treating Kimi.
Yeah, didn't we all hear the chants at Monza? Kimi is far more appreciated by Ferrari fans than by the team.

EDIT: Why are McLaren not making their announcement? autosport.com - F1 News: McLaren: No decision on second driver
Wish they confirm Kimi soon...

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 30th September 2009 at 21:19.
Old 30th September 2009, 21:29   #75
BHPian

Compare with MASSA , Kimi done a good job with ferrai.. I feel MASSA can stay in home, Kimi can continue with ferrai.Back to Mclaren is not good move.. Better Kimi can move into Brawn, Button move into Mclaren. How the British MClaren team will support the british drivers?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks