Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2009, 21:35   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
RedBull could be another possible team for Kimi. They have Vettel and Webber for 2010, but it seems they too are considering Kimi for next year.

We will know in 3 weeks.

[In finnish:]
F1 - Turun Sanomat
Hmm I thought Red Bull were pretty happy with Vettel and Webber. Why are they rocking the boat?
Old 5th October 2009, 22:10   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
They have Vettel and Webber for 2010, but it seems they too are considering Kimi for next year.
Quite possible, Vettel is making all the headlines and Webber fading into his shadow.
Old 5th October 2009, 22:52   #108
BHPian

Somewhere I ready that Raikkonen has won 26 podiums in 50 drives for Ferrari and 8 wins! Of these 15 drives are this year with the infamous F60. Quite something to say!

Only reason for Ferrari is that they cant afford Alonso and Kimi. Massa is paid peanuts in comparison and of course the money that Santander brings in!

Kimi is no slouch compared to Lewis or Alonso. So a McLaren for him would do justice not a redbull. Brawn may be one option other than McLaren as they have the biggest strategist as their strength.

Last edited by LandCruiser : 5th October 2009 at 22:53.
Old 5th October 2009, 23:34   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Quite possible, Vettel is making all the headlines and Webber fading into his shadow.
Well he's been a bit unlucky too. Though crashes in free practice in both Singapore and Suzuka were driver error, he's had a lot of bad luck too like his brakes in Singapore and the problems early on in Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Only reason for Ferrari is that they cant afford Alonso and Kimi. Massa is paid peanuts in comparison and of course the money that Santander brings in!
Any idea how much Santander is giving Ferrari for this switch? It has to be really huge because if it isn't, this decision makes no sense.
Old 5th October 2009, 23:50   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
So true. A world championship winning driver does not deserve such treatment.
Can someone tell me why such a so called great driver blah blah blah suddenly has no drive seat for 2010.
I mean he won a drivers championship, a champion like the to be crowned Button(if you know what i mean).
Old 6th October 2009, 00:02   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan
Can someone tell me why such a so called great driver blah blah blah suddenly has no drive seat for 2010.
Can you tell me who says he doesn't have a seat?
Old 6th October 2009, 00:23   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
I mean he won a drivers championship, a champion like the to be crowned Button(if you know what i mean).
His greatness and not having a drive are completely two different things. Ferrari got rid of him purely because of pressure from Santander, to make way for Alonso.
For the record, he had a seat for 2010 in Ferrari. If he had insisted, he could have continued in Ferrari irrespective of how much harder Santander tried. But he did the wise thing by deciding to leave, there is no point in staying in a team where he is not wanted.
He may not have a seat now as per public knowledge. But nobody knows if he has already signed with another team or not. Even if he hasn't, he will have in 3 weeks time. There are more than 1 team interested in him, including McLaren.
So have patience, you will see him in McLaren colors soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Hmm I thought Red Bull were pretty happy with Vettel and Webber. Why are they rocking the boat?
They re-signed Webber recently, when Kimi was still part of Ferrari. But with Kimi free now, many teams seem to be trying their chances. So why not?
But I still think it will be McLaren. Brawn next, Red Bull will be the third choice.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 6th October 2009 at 00:36.
Old 6th October 2009, 18:42   #113
BHPian

Here's what Martin Whitmarsh has to say:

Q: Martin, is Heikki Kovalainen going, is Kimi Raikkonen coming? When will you decide?

Martin Whitmarsh: The answer is simple. We have not determined a driver line-up yet and we haven’t set a timetable for doing so. We now have clarity about Ferrari’s drivers and we know now that other drivers are available. We try and give Heikki every opportunity to do a good job, Heikki is a very committed driver and a lovely chap, and we would like him to get some good results over the rest of the season. We are focusing on that and are not announcing a driver line-up for the moment.

Looks like a clear indication to Heikki - perform or perish

Further

Q: You were reported as saying that McLaren wouldn’t have any problems with Kimi Raikkonen coming back. What exactly does that mean?

MW: Kimi is a fantastic driver, and I like him and know him well. He was with the team for five years. He is quick, he is committed and I think he probably would be very committed to beating Ferrari in the future - knowing him. All these are attractive things with Kimi. He is not political. He is absolutely straightforward - what you see is what you get with Kimi. And on top of that everyone knows that he is a winning driver. I think he has been underestimated technically. He is a very good racing driver and I think he would fit well in this team, if we choose to go down that route.

Seems there is no bad blood et al between Kimi and McLaren.

Source: Official F1 website
Old 6th October 2009, 18:59   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Looks like a clear indication to Heikki - perform or perish
Absolutely! Looks like he is being nice to Heikki, but the actual meaning is clear.

Quote:
There never was, only Ron and Kimi didn't have good relations, but even that was handled professionally. All the guys in McLaren have a special liking to Kimi.
Old 6th October 2009, 19:10   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Well, its happened before and will happen again to great and not so great drivers.
Given enough persuasion (read: money) drivers and teams (humans in general, probably) will look after themselves, sod everyone else. Same thing with Damon Hill and Williams way back when and in the year he won the c'ship too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
McLaren and Finns, there seems to be some kind of affinity between them.

I took me a while to figure this out but, 3 seasons ago, the drivers moved teams thus-
Alonso: Renault -> McLaren
Kimi: McLaren -> Ferrari

Now-
Kimi: Ferrari -> wherever (McLaren??)
Alonso: Renault -> Ferrari

Seems like Alonso is stalking the Iceman
Old 6th October 2009, 22:42   #116
BHPian

To quote Whitmarsh further:

Not winning is disappointing, so if we can get ourselves to third - which is realistic - I would be very disappointed if we don’t beat them in the constructors’. It will be a good battle and I hope that we’ve got a little bit of an edge. You have to beat Kimi first and he can pull it out if he needs to pull it out.

That is lot of respect and positive. Hope it works out for Kimi that he is back in McLaren for few years.
Old 9th October 2009, 14:38   #117
Senior - BHPian

Please continue all F1 driver market discussions here

This thread is closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks