"Giancarlo and his management team approached me yesterday
with the proposal from Ferrari," Force India team principal
Vijay Mallya said in a statement.
"For any Italian driver, a Ferrari race seat is a long-held
dream and for Giancarlo it was no exception. No one should stand
in the way of this."
Old 3rd September 2009, 19:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

Fair enough. He certainly deserves it and he's done his bit for FI with that spectacular drive. No complaints from me on seeing him go. Hope he does well there. Who's filling the seat at FI now?

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 3rd September 2009 at 19:54.
Old 3rd September 2009, 19:52   #3
BHPian

Thank GOD, there will be one less chicane on the track. Read Luca Badoer.

I am happy for Fisi a very well deserved and earned Ferrari seat.

EDIT ::: FI should give a break to Karun Chandok, he is doing well in GP2 finished 07th in SPA.

Last edited by Bubby : 3rd September 2009 at 19:55.
Old 3rd September 2009, 19:59   #4
BHPian

Mclaren Rulez - His seat will be filled by the thrid driver Luizzi ( hope I got the spelling right )
Old 3rd September 2009, 20:03   #5
BHPian

The twists and turns are mind numbing!! Who will happen to drive in place of Fisi? What will happen to Massa? What will happen to Alonso? Kimi looks so secure for 2010 in Ferrari but will it be so! The scene is changing every race....
Old 3rd September 2009, 20:05   #6
BHPian

Fisi will be substituted by FI's third Driver Vitantonio Liuzzi.
Old 3rd September 2009, 20:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
The twists and turns are mind numbing!! Who will happen to drive in place of Fisi? What will happen to Massa? What will happen to Alonso? Kimi looks so secure for 2010 in Ferrari but will it be so! The scene is changing every race....
True!
Too many twists happening.
What happens when Massa returns? Will Kimi move out of F1 to rallying?
Who will replace Fisi at Force India?

Well, let's all wait and watch!
Old 3rd September 2009, 20:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Ok here's the shakedown after everything. For this year, it'll be Kimi and Fisi at Ferrari and Liuzzi and Sutil at FI. Next year, it'll be Alonso and Massa at Ferrari. If Massa isn't fit, one can expect Schumi/Kimi to step in for him. Kimi and Massa may drive for Ferrari too. Kubica could move to Renault but that's assuming Alonso moves out. McLaren may get Rosberg which means Kovalinen is free to drive for anyone. And we haven't even started with the new teams
Old 3rd September 2009, 20:31   #9
Senior - BHPian

I think Fisichella is the best choice for Ferrari right now, and FI did the right thing by releasing him. Don't forget the $ FI get in return for that.

Drivers for next season is anybody's guess. Kimi/Massa/Alonso will fill in the 2 seats. Don't expect Schumi to be in Ferrari. If Ferrari decide to dump Kimi, then he might endup in McLaren/Brawn. I don't think Ferrari will dump Massa. So If Kimi stays in Ferrari, Alonso will stay in Renault for one more year.

Btw, Fisi will be Ferrari test driver for next season (from some reports earlier)

EDIT: Mallya says he has't made any financial settlement with Ferrari for releasing Fisi. Why would he release him for free?

Last edited by SilentEngine : 3rd September 2009 at 20:36.
Old 3rd September 2009, 20:45   #10
Senior - BHPian

Truly centimental reasoning from Mallya for letting Fisi free to join Ferrari. But then it doesnt sell much, how many of us do remember the debts FI has with Ferrari after they broke the engine agreement in 2009.

F1 has been more active these days off track than on track events with stuff like these. More like the backstage fights in the WWE. I just hope F1 has not become something like a weekend entertainment gala.

Anyways, its a much better thing to happen for Ferrari after losing out Massa for 2009!

Everyone, be braced for a big round of surprises from the Ferrari team in Monza. One of the Scuderia forum is discussing on some unthinkable swap in F1!
Old 3rd September 2009, 20:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
EDIT: Mallya says he has't made any financial settlement with Ferrari for releasing Fisi. Why would he release him for free?
No its not a settlement with Ferrari. It would be a buy out of the contract so essentially he doesn't pay Fisi's wages for the rest of the season. The part where he says he hasn't made a financial settlement is about the debts of FI for Ferrari's engines last year.
Old 3rd September 2009, 21:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

This is totally bad timing. What a waste. What t........

I am at a loss of words. This was Force India's best chance to get a 1st place with Fisi reading and feeling the car so well.

And about Mallya letting Fisi go - I dont buy it.

Mallya would definitely have tried to stop him at all costs, but now has to act gracious with all this Italian driver driving for Ferrari nonsense.

As for Fisi - he deserves this break. An Italian driving for Ferrari in Monza, Italy. - One cannot Imagine the joy he will feel to don those red racing overalls with the Italian flag colors running through it.

All the best Fisi.

ALSO Also - This time if he is trailing the IceMan like he was last week in Spa.. he is going to sling shot him with ease useing the IceMans KERS medicine.

GO FISI !!! I am going to be rooting for a Ferrari after more than a 14 yrs.

EDIT : I just wasted time typing all that up - This sums it up :

"Giancarlo has shown, throughout his long career, that he is fast and competitive and we are therefore proud to be able to run an Italian driver in our home race.” -
- Ferrari team principal : Stefano Domenicali

Source : Ferrari expects Fisi to boost points haul - F1 | ITV Sport
Old 3rd September 2009, 21:20   #13
Senior - BHPian

Well I posted along similar lines on the other thread and will add my two cents here too. Personally, I think Ferrari are making a big mistake. Fisichella got second but that was in a car that was faster than the Ferrari. Clearly, he's not in the Kimi/Lewis/Alonso league. He's been beaten in the past by Alonso too. And tell me why Alonso wouldn't cut his Renault contract now for Ferrari? Ferrari are being hasty and I've a feeling Fisi will be a disappointment. However, from his own point of view, he has a great deal ahead and a chance to prove naysayers like me wrong too. But overall, I'd call it a Ferrari misjudgement.

By the way, for those who think KERS is why Fisi got second; its not true. Fisi made an error at the restart of the Belgian GP; he allowed Kimi to stay on his tail at the restart. Observe most SC restarts and you'll see the leader pulling out a quick gap. It wasn't KERS that powered Kimi by. It was mainly mistake by Fisi and some good driving by Kimi to have the guts to follow Fisi so closely through Eau Rouge. KERS sure helped Kimi, but he'd have done it anyway.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 3rd September 2009 at 21:23.
Old 3rd September 2009, 21:33   #14
Senior - BHPian

Why isnt an Indian allowed to drive in an Indian Formula team going by Mallya's italian sentiment? For sure, this a debt payback scheme.
Old 3rd September 2009, 21:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Why isnt an Indian allowed to drive in an Indian Formula team going by Mallya's italian sentiment? For sure, this a debt payback scheme.
For expressing the same sentiment some of us got scuds from all directions in the other thread! Left with no choice,perhaps, VJM plays the patriotic card for Fisi. Why can't he do the same for an Indian driver?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks