Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2005, 19:21   #16
BHPian

OMG.....what bad luck again for Kimi.....

Good overall race by Alonso.....though a tad lucky....

Montoya...what can I say...simply amazing drive....

Button...again a good race....he and BAR are improving every race
Old 24th July 2005, 19:47   #17
Team-BHP Support

I almost switched the TV off when Kimi's car broke down. Along with his car, he really was the class of the field. But, when your luck is bad, it is bad. It was the spirited drive from Montoya that really cheered things up.
Dosen't look like Alonso is much loved on Team-bhp, but, in his battle with Kimi, he's proving in his own way, "slow and steady wins the race".

Last edited by Aditya : 24th July 2005 at 21:27.
Old 24th July 2005, 21:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
your nothing but a villian in my eyes
Hey Turbo lover then even I must be a Villian for you because I too predicted win for Alonso and Iam happy for him. Even in my earlier post I said that Kimi will win unless he doesn't have a failure.
Montoya had a great race anyway storming from 20th to 2nd place.
This race showed that Mclaren have the pace but Renault have overall reliability.
Schumi drove a very good race holding on with the car which wasn't performing at all

Last edited by sridhar24 : 24th July 2005 at 21:22.
Old 24th July 2005, 22:11   #19
BHPian

Very unfortunate for Kimi to lost out yet again due to a technical problem.
McLaren have to get their act together. Kimi is simply stunning and showing up great performances coming from behind and winning. But this time being in the pole position it was an insult to him that the car failed.
Montoyo did a great job. Shchumi did really good with his ill handling car.

Only Renault seem to have the reliability to consistently get the results.

Wishes to McLaren and Kimi for the remaining races. That Finn is a class act.
Old 24th July 2005, 23:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Well you can forget Kimi to win the championship. The Finns have been a badluck magnet since Mika lost to Michael in 2001 despite having a faster car. However watch our for more race wins from Montoya. My prediction being Montoya will defeat Kimi to become second in the championship. Alonso will be world champion and Mc Laren the constructors.
Old 25th July 2005, 00:08   #21
BHPian

Good work by Alonso and Montoya... but what is wrong with MS and Ferrari? Its' heartbreaking to see him having to give way to other cars time and again... What has Renault and Merc Mclaren done to their cars that Ferrari is 2 seconds off per lap?

At the end of last years season, Ferrari was unbeatable and now less than a year later, things are sooooo different. sigh!
Old 25th July 2005, 00:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xezas
Good work by Alonso and Montoya... but what is wrong with MS and Ferrari? Its' heartbreaking to see him having to give way to other cars time and again... What has Renault and Merc Mclaren done to their cars that Ferrari is 2 seconds off per lap?

At the end of last years season, Ferrari was unbeatable and now less than a year later, things are sooooo different. sigh!
Nothing is wrong with MS or Ferrari, he is still the same old cheater as he used to be when he robbed Damon Hill of the championship by deliberately hitting him, and than repeating it with Villuneve. However the Bridgestone rubber that he is on these days has no answer for Michelin, except in Indianappolis when Ferrari and Bridgestone showed that the only way they can win is by having the others not to race with them
Old 25th July 2005, 00:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Turbo lover then even I must be a Villian for you because I too predicted win for Alonso and Iam happy for him.
yeahh ..well i dont like you either ...

2 of my favourite drivers are in my favourite team ..i.e Mclaren .and those who dont applaude for them ..Big BOoooooooooooooooo !!

anyways ...coming back to the topic ..
the race for me ended when i saw the mclaren stalling with that hydraulic problem( anyone has further details on the mechanical failure ?) how i wished it was montoya not kimi ..
montoya drove a storming race he picked up the moment kimi retired ..what a cracker eh..starting from the last grid and gaining 8 places in the first laps and finishing the race 20 secs behind the race lead ... show a lot about he sheer pace of the mclaren and some brilliant driving skil ...
Alonso - i wish he did do that finger = times won thingie ..briatore and alonso look like complete fags performing such antics...
Button - great race for him ..the BAR really hasa good setup just that the ban has pretty much upset their tempo ..Sato seems very sober this season ...
ohh midst of all this i fail to revollectwether narain finished the race or not ?
Old 25th July 2005, 09:21   #24
BHPian

With the sad demise of our beloved Kimi's McLaren, the 2005 F1 season is dead. Long live the season.
Old 25th July 2005, 10:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Now its become almost impossible for Kimi to challenge Alonso for WDC, even if Kimi wins all the remaining 7 races and if Alonso finishes even 3rd he can easily walk away with the crown.
Old 25th July 2005, 11:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Bad luck for kimi. JPM reminds me of the song Eye of The Tiger.... starting from the back of the grid and ending up on the podium! Alonso... well, he and his car seem to have perfect understanding.
The most hilarious moment of the race was provided by our good ol NK who was all over the track at one point and the commentator said, "Narain where are you going?"! He was labelled as "The Bouncing Narain" after that! But all said and done, am glad he managed to finish the race!

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 25th July 2005, 12:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

What a race !!! I was heart broken on seeing KIMI come to a halt. And always this happened during the time Star Sports went in for a break. He was running away with the race and placed himself perfectly but god damn Mclaren reliability came in the way of Kimi and victory.. sad. A victory here could have really put Alonso under presssure but now it looks like Alonso will be the WC after all. Great drive by Montoya to finish on the podium. Ferrari down as usual but it was heartening to see Schumi not giving up despite having a problematic car. The part where he defended before Fisi eventually overtook him was great to watch. That shows the sheer determination of the guy. He has lost no motivation at all.. its the car thats letting him down.

I wish Mclaren get their act together so that atleast we get to see a grand finale to the season.

Dippy
Old 25th July 2005, 13:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Nothing is wrong with MS or Ferrari, he is still the same old cheater as he used to be when he robbed Damon Hill of the championship by deliberately hitting him, and than repeating it with Villuneve. However the Bridgestone rubber that he is on these days has no answer for Michelin, except in Indianappolis when Ferrari and Bridgestone showed that the only way they can win is by having the others not to race with them
he has won more races than all the current F1 drivers put together multiplied by 3.
if u think MS has cheated then u should have seen the way Aryton sena and Alian prost used to fight,that too being team-mates.that is how the races were then.u should see how montoya in not bothered to put someone in the dirt same with jacques Villeneuve .MS drove superbly to hold off JB,Montoya and Fischella in a car that has no grip from the rear tyres and also Fischella could pass him because he had a sudden loss of fuel pressure just before the hairpin turn.

MS is regarded as the greatest driver of the current generation.some team principals like Patrick Head,Ron denis,sir frank william all regard him greter than or equal to aryton sena.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 25th July 2005 at 13:24.
Old 25th July 2005, 15:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

i have said it before ..i'll say it again ..
Schumi is a living legend ..hes the best out there in a league of his own ..

why do some people call him a cheat ? just because he made winning look so easy during the years of ferrari dominance ? or is it because drivers wet their pants trying to pass him in a race ?
Old 25th July 2005, 15:56   #30
Senior - BHPian

I felt really sorry for Kimi. He had the race on the platter and because of the mechanical problems with his car, he had to concede the race to Alonso. But the highlight of the race according to me was the duel b'ween Schumy and Fisicella. What a fight it was! Schumy conceded only because the car couldn't take much. But the attempted overtakes by GF and the defence by MS were worth watching. But the driver who provided all the entertainment was our own Narain. He was driving everywhere. Perhaps he is driving harder than what his car deserves.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks