Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2005, 04:38   #1
BHPian

Turkish GP = 2005

Quite suprised not t see a thread yet about this...whatz happening t the F1 guys on T-BHP.....the championship is not yet over and we have a very promising race today with Raikonnen and Alonso so close to each other...

The qualifying itself was pretty exciting.....IMO JPM was the biggest gainer....

I predict ( as usual & sooooo sooooo badly want to see it) a McLaren 1-2....

What do you say guys.....???
Old 21st August 2005, 09:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

These new tracks are pretty wide and should make overtaking easier for JPM.
Old 21st August 2005, 11:15   #3
Senior - BHPian

Great qualifying lap from Kimi and even both the Renault drivers did well. This time I predict both the Renaults to be on the podium. Ferrari seem to be struggling here more than any race and they are using very hard tyre compound to overcome high tyre wear. Sato's qualifying time is nullified and he will also be starting from the back of the grid.
Old 21st August 2005, 12:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

i was thinking about starting a thread but then i missed the qualifying ...read that kimi pulled off pole followed by fisi .. read montoya is 4th on the grid did well as he was in the starting 5 of the qualifying session..
new track ...

anyone knows about the overall track conditions /requirements ?

-what kind of a downforce should they be running ?
-pit strategy ?
-tyre compound ?

cant predict but ...hoping for a mclaren 1-2 ..hopefully alonso doesnt finish ..
Old 21st August 2005, 12:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
i was thinking about starting a thread but then i missed the qualifying ...read that kimi pulled off pole followed by fisi .. read montoya is 4th on the grid did well as he was in the starting 5 of the qualifying session..
new track ...

anyone knows about the overall track conditions /requirements ?

-what kind of a downforce should they be running ?
-pit strategy ?
-tyre compound ?

cant predict but ...hoping for a mclaren 1-2 ..hopefully alonso doesnt finish ..
its a medium to high downforce circuit.pit strategy looks like a 2 stop one,because they were doing low 1min 26's in the practice sessions.tyre compound should be relatively harder compund tyres since the circuit is new and hence dusty.looks like bridgestone have a harder compound than michelin.

very dissapointed to see shumi spin it a turn 9.BTW i am expecting atleast 4-5 cars to visit the gravel tommorow at turns 8-9.very difficult corners with high tail wind.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 21st August 2005 at 12:33.
Old 21st August 2005, 12:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

Why are people here so Anti Alonso. This kid deserves to be the champion. After all he has the second best car but still is leading the championship purely on talent. The way he had kept Schumacher behind him for 10 laps even though his car was over 2 seconds a lap slower them schumi shows how good the kid is. Mc Laren any day is a better car, but why should we favor those who have advantage on the machine side? I am hoping for Juan Pablo 1st, Alonso 2nd and Kimi retired so that his championship hopes are over and from the next race onwards Jaun and Kimi can race each other and there are no team orders.
Old 21st August 2005, 13:57   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Why are people here so Anti Alonso. This kid deserves to be the champion. After all he has the second best car but still is leading the championship purely on talent.

The only reason Alonso is leading the championship is because Iceman has the worst luck on the planet. Alonso's a cocky idiot who sticks his fingers up in the air after being 25+ seconds down on kimi, whos engine/hydraulics malfunction, and give Alonso the lead. I'd really call THAT talent, wouldn't i?

Me, I'm hoping for a McLaren 1-2 (as always - hoping I mean) They deserve it so badly. Fisi seems to have made a good thing outta qualifying, outdoing the TALENTED Alonso... and brilliant run by JPM.

GO McLAREN!!!!
Old 21st August 2005, 14:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveek
The only reason Alonso is leading the championship is because Iceman has the worst luck on the planet. Alonso's a cocky idiot who sticks his fingers up in the air after being 25+ seconds down on kimi, whos engine/hydraulics malfunction, and give Alonso the lead. I'd really call THAT talent, wouldn't i?

Me, I'm hoping for a McLaren 1-2 (as always - hoping I mean) They deserve it so badly. Fisi seems to have made a good thing outta qualifying, outdoing the TALENTED Alonso... and brilliant run by JPM.

GO McLAREN!!!!
Dont cry like a baby here... Winning is Winning!!! Alonso is a good driver and he is not here basically by chance or luck but by good consistant driving and finishing in a car which is not as evenly matched with Mc Laren. The iceman can eat all the ice he wants, but the championship is with Alonso
When Kimi doesnt mind screwing JPM's race to come first... ( I am talking about the race in which Montoya was black flagged when leading... but Mc Laren called Kimi in pits first when the safety car was out)... I didnt see Kimi stating that I dont deserve this win or points.. he took the win in his basket of points, so why should Alonso not show his fingers when Kimis engine fails?
Racing is not about what you want to happen, or how the wins came, but its about the guy getting the most out of his car consistantly. Fisi and Alonso have the same car, but Alonso is by far ahead of Fisi, not by luck, but by performing in each and every race. Give credit where its due.
Old 21st August 2005, 15:27   #9
BHPian

Luck. You can see it for yourself mate. And it was Montoyas error. he should have stayed still till the light went green.

I still think that McLaren (and Kimi) will cream Renault (and Alonso) - 3 weeks ought t have ironed out most of the problems in the team, even tho Pedros mech. failure is a bit omnious...

And about Fisi-Alonso - I was just making a note that Fisi finally beat Alonso... it was just to bug you a bit that I put in the talented part... no offence meant dude... I think that Fisi deserves more attention, thats all.

let the racing begin!!!
Old 21st August 2005, 15:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveek
Luck. You can see it for yourself mate. And it was Montoyas error. he should have stayed still till the light went green.

I still think that McLaren (and Kimi) will cream Renault (and Alonso) - 3 weeks ought t have ironed out most of the problems in the team, even tho Pedros mech. failure is a bit omnious...

And about Fisi-Alonso - I was just making a note that Fisi finally beat Alonso... it was just to bug you a bit that I put in the talented part... no offence meant dude... I think that Fisi deserves more attention, thats all.

let the racing begin!!!
Let the race begin.... but in any case, Montoya missed the red light... but guess why wasnt he called in the pits earlier than Kimi when the safety car came out?
They said his radio communication was screwed... thats the same excuse that Ferrari have been using for long. When Kimi gets lucky and gets point of Montoya not finishing or Alonso crashing, why dont you crib than?
Anyways, no doubt Kimi is a good driver and has a faster car. But still for Alonso to do what he has been doing (getting the max out of his car) even when he doesnt come first does deserve a lot of applauding. Appreciate talent and dont get carried away by who you are vouching for. End of the day, its a sport and should be treated like one.
Old 21st August 2005, 17:02   #11
BHPian

Want to see a Mc Laren 1-2 and probably Alonso on the podium......
Old 21st August 2005, 19:04   #12
Senior - BHPian

what a race ,very entertaining circuit ..

alonso's luck has begun to really piss me off .. his success is freeloaded and scavenged ...
Old 21st August 2005, 19:21   #13
BHPian

what does McLaren have to do more to finish 1-2....everything was going on fine till this stupid Monterio screwed it up. God I hate him for this......

Apart from that it was a good race....great driving by Kimi.
Old 21st August 2005, 20:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

didnt like the race outcome one bit in terms of mclarens losing out on the 1-2..
ferrari's damn .. they are all over this season ..
Schumi certainly made Webber furious ..haha hand gestures everywhere ..williams were in a mess anyways with the chassis setup all wrong ..

button was really flying eh ? was great watching him ..

as for the montoya - monteiro incident .. montoya should also take partial blame .. but then you cant really ask a F-1 driver to back off ..
Old 21st August 2005, 21:22   #15
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Liked how Montoya screwed it for himself after going wayyyyyyyy out & literally giving it to Alonso.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks