Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 12:02   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Senna: The Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
I saw the movie and it ROCKS'. Prost is the ultimate wussy, which a lot of people will agree after watching the movie. Seriously, the way this guy was discriminated by the officials is totally unfair but the guy really proved his mettle buy letting his driving alone do the talking. U THE MAN, MAN! I wish i could see all his races one by one.
Prost says "Ayrton has one problem.. he thinks he cannot kill himself in an F1 car"
That makes him a wuss?
Driving an F1 car on its limit all those years and after all that success
that makes him a wuss?

You think Senna let his driving alone do the talking??
he was the most vocal and outspoken F1 driver that ever lived!
Old 6th June 2011, 10:55   #32

The best movie ever? Possibly. I have never seen a cinema audience walk out in complete silence. Never. Hats off to the guy. I was never a Senna fan. Now, I am.
Cyrus43 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 11:30   #33
BHPian

It is the most absolutely spectacular movie ever made! Senna is the ultimate driver. On track and off it! After winning his second WDC, the reporter asks "How does it feel to have won the championship?" Senna says "Its not a bad feeling at all, is it?"

"If you no longer go for a Gap that exists, you no longer a racing driver."
Old 16th June 2011, 02:50   #34

What an amazing movie! Watching it was really moving. I didnt think of it much when i first heard of it but now that i have seen it i have to admit it was SIMPLY SPECTACULAR. The behind the scenes footage of what goes on in drivers meetings and home videos of the senna family were very interesting. Watching the moment when Ayrton passed away, i will admit, brought more than tear to my eye and the scenes thereafter were both moving and heart warming to watch. A must watch for anyone who considers themselves an F1 fan.

Great Movie. Great Man.
Old 6th October 2012, 23:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I was free in the afternoon with no work to do, normally I browse for sometime during lunch break, I was searching for information on Senna, without having seen a single race of him I was still a big fan of him thanks mainly to Sports Star and few highlights seen if I remember correctly on Doordarshan on Sunday afternoon. I came to know of his death itself almost after a week or so again through Sports Star. Wikipedia had a good source of information on Senna, later in the evening I went to Meenakshi mall for buying some books and DVD, happened to see the Senna DVD, without a second thought bought it and watched it today morning. I really appreciate the work done on the script and its presentation, watching at the end brought tears in my eyes and was trying to hide my tears from my wife and strangely though she came to know about Senna only yesterday she also cried watching the last minutes of the movie. The DVD is released by Reliance Home Video and has both English and Hindi version.
Attached Thumbnails
Senna: The Movie-img276.jpg  

Old 7th October 2012, 00:02   #36
Team-BHP Support

It is a very nice documentary. I had tears in my eyes when the inevitable was shown towards the end of the film. Unfortunately, Prost had to play the villain in this. Even though it was made really well, it was almost too obvious that it was complied by a hardcore Senna fan; and understandably so, Prost was often thrown in bad light throughout the film.

One must remember that every era had epic battles in F1. I don't follow F1 much these days, but I do remember the Schumi and Mika Hakkinen battles. And more recently, we had Alonso and Hamilton at each other's necks. There are people who tend to favour one side more than the other.

It's still a great movie though and a must watch!
Old 7th October 2012, 02:03   #37
BHPian

I would say the best "sports" movie I have seen so far. I believe the birth of every documentary starts with a prejudiced notion of presenting a real life situation to viewers who may or may not have access to the complete facts. As a result, an unprejudiced viewer emerges out as a convinced supporter of the creators view most of the time. A prejudiced viewer will come out as even more convinced of his opposite views and will refuse to believe in anything projected in the film. That's Senna for you.

From what I know about Senna from this movie and other media I have read, he was a very honest man. What I like most about him is he did what he believed in. One of my favourite quote is by Senna, he said in an interview " I have no idols, I admire work, dedication and competence".
Old 7th October 2012, 08:26   #38
BHPian

Watched it countless times except the last part. But ill say the movie thrived on emotions. If you want to know in detail about Senna, Watch 'A star called Ayrton Senna Da Silva' made by BBC in late 90s.
Old 16th February 2015, 20:44   #39
BHPian

The best thing about this documentary is, you don't have to be a Formula 1 buff to enjoy. The film Senna is so beautifully put together that it's portrayal of a charismatic and fascinating figure will grip even those with no interest in the sport.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks