Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2010, 17:05   #61
Senior - BHPian

Now this is an interesting rumor started off by the British press.

Lewis Hamilton in Ferrari link after 'secret' talks - Times Online
Old 9th November 2010, 17:12   #62
BHPian

Sad ! we don't have Nelsinho Jr to bring in safety car

Hamilton in red ? tough chance. If it happens I'll be happy with Moto GP.
Old 9th November 2010, 17:27   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Now this is an interesting rumor started off by the British press.

Lewis Hamilton in Ferrari link after 'secret' talks - Times Online
That's a 2 year old news

Well, Looks like Ferrari / Mercedes GP and RedBull Racing will retain the same driver line up for the coming season. The only team that needs new talent is Force India
Old 9th November 2010, 17:39   #64
Senior - BHPian

^^ I quoted this link by mistake. Apologies to Mclaren fans

Nico Hülkenberg muscles into title showdown with debut pole | Sport | The Observer
Old 9th November 2010, 18:06   #65
BHPian

The mistakes by Vettel in Istanbul and Spa were of course silly and should not be done by a driver contending for a WDC . But AFAIK most of his other DNF's and some races like where he had to cool off to finish were down to problems with the Renault engine or the car . Case in point being Korea .

Red Bull have beaten the much more experienced Ferrari with a singnificant margin so I guess they do have 'good drivers' but yeah maybe its down to the genius that is Adrain Newey . I guess it was difficult for Massa to come back to race winning speed after that accident , maybe next year he would be truly back to his 08 form . Remember that Kimi's arrival rattled him in 07 but in 08 he was a changed man .

I think Red Bull suffer from driver favouritisim but IMHO that is slightly better than team orders . In fact it would have been interesting to see if they would have behaved the same way if Webber was trailing Vettel .

The thing with Abu Dhabi is that it wont have that much grip on the side of P2 . So even if Alonso qualifies P3 he would in all probability be at least P2 by the end of the starting lap . He is in the best position to win the title , Red Bull would need all their speed and lot of luck .

@Anachronix
Though Hamilton would not mind being team mates with Alonso , Im not too sure about Alonso feeling the same . Though it would make for great racing if they are in the same car .

P.S
@everyone thanks for the rescue
@amirsharm sorry for offending you .

Last edited by KRf1 : 9th November 2010 at 18:17.
Old 9th November 2010, 18:40   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRf1
The mistakes by Vettel in Istanbul and Spa were of course silly and should not be done by a driver contending for a WDC . But AFAIK most of his other DNF's and some races like where he had to cool off to finish were down to problems with the Renault engine or the car . Case in point being Korea .
Only engine reliability issue was Korea.
He converted 9 pole positions to only 3 wins.
Vettel is good at nothing but qualifying laps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRf1
Red Bull have beaten the much more experienced Ferrari with a singnificant margin so I guess they do have 'good drivers' but yeah maybe its down to the genius that is Adrain Newey
That's right.
If one dwells deeper into Newey's biography, it can be discovered that he's been in the sport for 20 years and has given 7 constructor's championships.
He probably is the only crazy aerodynamicist who races regularly.
He's participated in the 24hrs of Le Mans and came 4th in class. Not bad, heh?
Old 9th November 2010, 19:14   #67
BHPian

All in all , Alonso should wrap up the title due to his experience in similar situations and managing with "not the best car" unless a mechanical failure blows up his hopes .

I feel Hami and Massa could be the spoil sports if so but its going to be one interesting gp to watch like 2007 and 2008 Brazilian Gp.
Old 9th November 2010, 21:53   #68
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
All in all , Alonso should wrap up the title due to his experience in similar situations and managing with "not the best car" unless a mechanical failure blows up his hopes .

I feel Hami and Massa could be the spoil sports if so but its going to be one interesting gp to watch like 2007 and 2008 Brazilian Gp.
What makes you think he's driving a Bad Car, The only Second fastest car after RedBull is the Ferrari. (The Ferrari of Alonso in particular)

He's got lot of backing the whole season, if not for his team Orders and Massa, he would never be a title contender this season.

Redbulls are known to falter when it matters most, Mclarens will surely throw in some twists the coming race.
Old 10th November 2010, 01:26   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post

Very True !!

Singapore 2010 - The Race was decided in qualifying !!! Alonso stormed to Pole Position and literally walked the race !!!

Abu Dhabi circuit is similar to the Singapore circuit - Stop and Go !!

I am not surprised if Alonso manages to do it again !!!
Old 10th November 2010, 05:55   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Only engine reliability issue was Korea.
He converted 9 pole positions to only 3 wins.
Vettel is good at nothing but qualifying laps.

He has been the one with more reliability issues at RBR.He lost out on 3 occasions while leading at the front.Brake failure at Australia while leading the race,Exhaust problem at Bahrain while leading the race and then the engine blowup at Korea again while leading the race.
Old 10th November 2010, 13:03   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
What makes you think he's driving a Bad Car, The only Second fastest car after RedBull is the Ferrari. (The Ferrari of Alonso in particular)

He's got lot of backing the whole season, if not for his team Orders and Massa, he would never be a title contender this season.

Redbulls are known to falter when it matters most, Mclarens will surely throw in some twists the coming race.
Sorry, have to disagree with you. Ferrari had the second best car after the RB initially. But mid season they were often beaten by the McLarens. It is only after the introduction of the EBD that they had some success and a turn around. That too after they had some bad races in Valencia and Silverstone where the car wasn't a problem and was quick enough for podiums.

And Massa moved over for Alonso in Hockenheim, just once. He made life difficult for Alonso in Monza and then faded away from challenging Alonso. Alonso has not had any help from Massa otherwise.

Even if Alonso had the second place in Hockenheim, he would lead the championship by a point. FIA didn't have a problem with it, so we shall move on from talking about history

Also Vettel has said he would move over for Webber if situation demands. If he does so, Webber would be as 'dirty' a champion as Alonso.

Forza Ferrari!!!
Old 10th November 2010, 14:17   #72
Senior - BHPian

Okay guys - I am tired of this "team orders" business.

The only message I find in the arguments in forums and other media is this - it is okay to do wrong but do not do it blatantly such that you get caught at it. And it's just that Ferrari, as discussed in the hockenhiem thread got caught in the act. Now all the other teams take the high seat and start preaching. How are we gonna know whether a particular act is "team orders" or otherwise? I find it hard to believe that the other teams are such angels such that they wouldn't steal an unfair advantage when they think that no one is looking. Wasn't Mclaren caught with sensitive information from Ferrari? And Briatore's fiasco etc... F1 has been controversial and will always be - just don't take the high seat. There is also a report of blatant sexism rampant in F1 team doing the rounds if you are interested at the moral and ethical sides of the teams.

At the end of the day, i believe that F1 is a team sport. And if "team orders" are in the interests of the team so be it. Alonso's drive of the dogs that were the Renault cars last year proved his driving abilities - he converted me to a fan. And yes, I feel his results in the past few races redeemed him in the "team orders" business, which was tough but the right choice. This season, other than complain what has Massa done? And the team with Alonso has made much better recovery mid season than the same team with Massa last season.

And oh - aren't new drivers making a break into the F1 ranks based more on the size of the cheque-books that they bring to F1 rather than their ability? Shouldn't that be debated first? I liked the Hulk's comment that he would rather not drive based on that criteria and that his driving abilities should do the talking.

drive on,
Shibu
Old 10th November 2010, 14:51   #73
Senior - BHPian

History doesn't care if you were fair with the drivers in your team.
Whether you won a championship is what counts.
Old 10th November 2010, 14:57   #74
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Okay guys - I am tired of this "team orders" business.

The only message I find in the arguments in forums and other media is this - it is okay to do wrong but do not do it blatantly such that you get caught at it. And it's just that Ferrari, as discussed in the hockenhiem thread got caught in the act. Now all the other teams take the high seat and start preaching. How are we gonna know whether a particular act is "team orders" or otherwise? I find it hard to believe that the other teams are such angels such that they wouldn't steal an unfair advantage when they think that no one is looking. Wasn't Mclaren caught with sensitive information from Ferrari? And Briatore's fiasco etc... F1 has been controversial and will always be - just don't take the high seat. There is also a report of blatant sexism rampant in F1 team doing the rounds if you are interested at the moral and ethical sides of the teams.

At the end of the day, i believe that F1 is a team sport. And if "team orders" are in the interests of the team so be it. Alonso's drive of the dogs that were the Renault cars last year proved his driving abilities - he converted me to a fan. And yes, I feel his results in the past few races redeemed him in the "team orders" business, which was tough but the right choice. This season, other than complain what has Massa done? And the team with Alonso has made much better recovery mid season than the same team with Massa last season.

And oh - aren't new drivers making a break into the F1 ranks based more on the size of the cheque-books that they bring to F1 rather than their ability? Shouldn't that be debated first? I liked the Hulk's comment that he would rather not drive based on that criteria and that his driving abilities should do the talking.

drive on,
Shibu
Racing in these days is more about bending the rules than the sport. It is considered cool to bend the rules. And if bending the rules is not enough then the teams resort to measures that will brake the rules. At times they are found out at other times they get away. This is the reality about motorsports and most other in these days.
Old 11th November 2010, 19:50   #75
BHPian

It was a pretty decent race. The stage for the final showdown has been set. Have you guys ever noticed something about the Brazillian GP. The local drivers suck on their home circuit! None of them fared good I believe. Whats up with that?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks