Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2011, 11:53   #31
BHPian

Re: Malaysian Grand Prix 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I don't think Kubica could have done any better than Heidfeld this race. Nick was running 2nd and kept a faster Lewis behind him for the whole first stint. A strategic error ( his tyres were finished but the team kept him out longer waiting to see if the rain would increase ) lost him several positions after the first stint and he was lucky to get back on the podium due to Alonso's mistake and Lewis's tyres degrading towards the end. The Redbulls were anyway untouchable so I think Nick extracted the maximum out of the Renault today.

People who keep saying Kubica could have got more points for Renault seem to forget that in their 3 years racing together, Kubica beat Nick only in one season.
Newpunter ! i very well agree to your point , as i didnt check the stats before jumping in to say RB is better than NH , here's the proof below to support your point ! I would conclude telling that RB is flashier , risk taking and always in limelight , where as NH is more of a steady , calm and cool guy . Anyways NH is a great replacement according to me !

May be 2010 stats if added below will bring RB and NH on par . what say ?

courtesy : motorsportforums.com

2007:
Race finishes: Heidfeld 10-6
Qualifying: Heidfeld 11-5

2008:
Race finishes: Kubica 11-7
Qualifying: Kubica 13-5

2009:
Race finishes: Heidfeld 11-6
Qualifying: Kubica 10-7

Total:
Race finishes: Heidfeld 28-23
Qualifying: Kubica 28-23
Old 11th April 2011, 13:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

^^
What you are not taking into account is driver evolution with experience.
Kubica is 26, Heidfeld 33

Kubica has improved leaps & bounds since his BMW days.
Heidfeld has not.

Kubica would have been much quicker.

This is the same reason McLaren chose a Kimi over Heidfeld is spite of the latter being much quicker than him.

In Navjot Singh Sidhu's words..
Statistics are like mini skirts, they hide more than they show!
Old 11th April 2011, 13:12   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I was just watching a few old races over the weekend I must say that F1 just isnt the same anymore. Most of the races are just yawn and nothing is really edge of the seat. All these new electronics and rules have ruined everything. Get rid of the DRS , KERS, refuelling ban, tyre rules etc. and give us the real racing back when there wasnt a single dull moment.
I am fast losing interest in F1, partly because of the ever changing rules [tyres and what not] and partly because of the lack of involvement of the pits.
Do you have any idea why they do this? Safety rules or just over trying? No wonder we keep losing quality drivers like Kimi I hope Hamilton does not follow suit. I think some aggression should be allowed so that it becomes the way it was before "Survival of the fastest".
Old 11th April 2011, 18:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

I am really tickled by the pace of the Renaults. 3 cheers to Heidfeld for a well deserved podium. Cant't wait for Robert Kubica to get back into the car.

I simply did not understand the penalty for Alonso & Hamilton. I can understand if one person gets it but...
Old 11th April 2011, 19:23   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
I simply did not understand the penalty for Alonso & Hamilton. I can understand if one person gets it but...
Apparently the penalties for Hamilton and Alonso are for 2 different incidents. Hamilton's penalty is for making more than one change of direction while defending in lap 45. He got a warning last year for a similar move, but the FIA has amended the rule this time, so the penalty was unavoidable.
Alonso was penalised for the crash with Hamilton on lap 46. It was an unnecessary penalty coz Alonso lost a lot due to the crash, but the penalty didn't change his position in the end, so it's not a big deal.
Old 11th April 2011, 22:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

Alonso was penalised for this

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks