Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2011, 13:07   #16
BHPian

Re: Why don't they plonk Splendor engine in Zen ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Ok, my question was slightly different. As these things are different, what essentially is changed in the ECU? Programs / codes anyway will be different, which can be fed as required.

Spike
There a lot of parameters like load factor, throttle input, Valve pressure, speed, Transmission setting (if auto) or gear position(manual), exhaust gas temperature, inlet valve pressure, turbo feed, cylinder position, rpm(very important) etc etc. around 34 of them. don't remember all of them now.

They are all compared with standard set of values for various conditions (based on the requirements from the OEM/Tier 1). Depending on the Tier 1, OEM and the characteristics that is desired in the vehicle there are a lot of changes that can be present in the above mentioned parameter. We worked on codes to implement(calibration work ) these for a diesel engine.

Now for gasoline engine the settings and calibrations and settings are different again dependent on the OEM and the Tier 1 and state of tune required.

Now,How they are different ?Would have to go through code again to know which is now close to impossible.
Old 26th May 2011, 14:37   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to Team-BHP, Figo_Mba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Mods Am I allowed to post a separate ownership thread ?
Of course you are , I'm surprised you ask. Look forward to a detailed ownership report.
Old 26th May 2011, 16:19   #18
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

figo mba, thats a nice intro. loved it.

Welcome to TBHP

One just feels pulled towards this topic just to see where it leads. One of the most innovative intros that I have seen.
Old 26th May 2011, 16:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Welcometo team bhp.
with this i recall.
i used to ask dad and my elder cousins(Automotive geeks of earlier nineties),if there are FWD RWD and 4X4 cars why dont we have SWD(side wheel driven) cars.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2011, 17:28   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
figo mba, thats a nice intro. loved it.

Welcome to TBHP

One just feels pulled towards this topic just to see where it leads. One of the most innovative intros that I have seen.
thank you ACM... I must say that i have come through a lot of stupid questions to where I am. That was just one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Welcometo team bhp.
with this i recall.
i used to ask dad and my elder cousins(Automotive geeks of earlier nineties),if there are FWD RWD and 4X4 cars why dont we have SWD(side wheel driven) cars.
That is hilarious.
There is also another stupidity that i committed I would like to share here.

My dad used to have a bajaj chetak scooter. The smell of petrol vapor from the exhaust was something I loved. So i run to the scooter every time when he comes home for lunch. This was when i was six years old or something.
Once he did not turn off the bike and was talking to my aunt who was about to leave when he came in. Now I found this best opportunity to smell the exhaust. I took the exhaust gases on and on for about 1-2minutes(don't know might be less than that) and next thing i know I am down unconscious.
You guessed it right CO(carbon monoxide) poisoning.

I woke up to a crying mom and smiling dad.

PS: To date I don't know what my dad and others did to revive me and I still laugh loudly on my stupidity.
Old 28th May 2011, 23:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi,
Catchy thread title.

Think your stay here will be mutually enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
There a lot of parameters like load factor, throttle input,

Now,How they are different ?Would have to go through code again to know which is now close to impossible.
I think Spike wants to know what's the difference in hardware, and why.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 29th May 2011, 11:28   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi,
Catchy thread title.

Think your stay here will be mutually enjoyable.

I think Spike wants to know what's the difference in hardware, and why.

Regards
Sutripta
Thanks sutripta
Differences in hardware of the ECU. OhNow I see spike's point. I was still explaining on the codes My bad

Now what goes into the ECU is a very closely guarded secret with the vendor like Bosch, Lear, Hella or Delphi.
In my company we had plans of developing a ECU (with limited functionality as a concept) with a MPC 5668 (freescale)dual core processor.
As far as i understand there need not be much difference in the hardware (ECU) as far as the engines are concerned but it is the programming and the code that are different.
I am not sure but I think we can program a generic ECU to be either diesel or gasoline if we have the right re programming tool and IDE for development of that tool.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks