Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 00:32   #1

Santro Nicknamed Batmobile

Hi everybody!! its been some time since i joined this community but have not started posting till now-really sorry about that, as when i started out on modifying my santro i had researched this site a lot of times so in a way i feel like i had forgotten my roots.
I am a general surgeon by profession in a place called Kunnamkulam in Kerala doing mainly laparoscopic work, have 2 small kids aged 5 and 1 . Am starting to enjoy car modifications,well may not be the right combination of jobs i guess if i were to take this up seriously. also interested in digital SLR photography and interior lighting
It took nearly 8 months to finally get the modification done and the car has been on the road for nearly an year but its still turning a lot of heads-I am quite worried about the bikers as they are getting quite distracted. The fun part was when my wife couldnt recognize any difference-well thats what i call modification as the difference should be very subtle .It has earned itself a nickname of batmobile
Some time back i remember a person had read my palm and said that i would think differently-well i guess he was perfectly right since i spent quite a bit on an old car which nobody will ever dream of in Kerala. Here everybody wants to keep the car as close to original so as to resell it,but the fact is if you want to dream of some modification it should be on an old car.For me it was time to change the tyres thats when i started thinking of putting alloys into it as the stock drums where slightly dented and then i guess i went the whole hog.My take is that in an old car you can change the colour and shape without being too worried about insurance problems and no new car can keep its novelty for too long.Also its always useful to keep a spare small car in case you buy a bigger car later.
I had taken my dads new nissan micra for a ride some time back infact his car had been one of the first micra's in town but somehow i didnt feel that that it turned that many heads
hopefully i could take more active part in the discussions in the days to come

regards docvino
Attached Thumbnails
Santro Nicknamed Batmobile-dsc_0315.jpg  

Santro Nicknamed Batmobile-dsc_0334.jpg  

Santro Nicknamed Batmobile-dsc_0351.jpg  

Santro Nicknamed Batmobile-dsc_0308-000428.jpg  

Santro Nicknamed Batmobile-dsc_0322-000440.jpg  

Santro Nicknamed Batmobile-dsc_0299.jpg  

Santro Nicknamed Batmobile-dsc_0314.jpg  

docvino is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 09:19   #2
BHPian

re: Santro Nicknamed Batmobile

Welcome to Team-BHP doc!

The modifications on your car looks really good. Do post detailed review about these.

The reg. no. of your car looks like it belongs to Tripunithura RTO. Do you by any chance belong to this place?

Happy motoring!

- Jose.
Old 31st May 2011, 09:43   #3
Mik
BHPian

Never thought of the Santro as a very mod friendly car, but you have made it stick. The paint job is awesome.
Can you let me know whats the paint finishing called. Thinking of something similar for my bike.

On second thoughts: Something like this on a non tall boy car would have been more kick-*** !
Old 31st May 2011, 10:01   #4
BHPian

Welcome to the world of motorheads...
Bat-mobile looks good. I would definitely love to know
about the exhaust mod and also the fog lamps.

Welcome again
Old 31st May 2011, 14:34   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to the Team doc!!..

2 cents from my side for your batmobile - Smoke the tail lamps, and... umm... do you really need those exhausts?.

And, any performance mods in the Santro?

Last edited by dhanushs : 31st May 2011 at 14:35.
Old 31st May 2011, 14:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi, what is your ground clearance now? Knowing Kerala roads, it looks a bit too low in the pics.

Spike
Old 31st May 2011, 15:45   #7
BHPian

Welcome to the team doc!

This is the best modified Santro I have seen! Absolutely beautiful. No wonder it is turning some heads.
Old 31st May 2011, 17:43   #8
BHPian

Re: Santro Nicknamed Batmobile

@doc: nice santro out there, in my opinion you should get the tail lamps smoked or get something like these (because on a nice modified car like this they only look stock)...

Santro Nicknamed Batmobile-1.jpg
Santro Nicknamed Batmobile-2.jpg

*car's reg. number not faded because it is open for everyone in other forum..

Last edited by nick17s : 31st May 2011 at 17:44. Reason: reason
Old 31st May 2011, 17:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

docvino the only gripe with the job is the twin exhaust's right in the center. Sticks out like a sore thumb, can't we do away with those ? But then to each his own, truly a neat job carried out.Not too loud and subtle, the finish is perfect. Good one pal.
Old 31st May 2011, 18:01   #10

Re: santro nicknamed batmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP doc!

The modifications on your car looks really good. Do post detailed review about these.

The reg. no. of your car looks like it belongs to Tripunithura RTO. Do you by any chance belong to this place?

Happy motoring!

- Jose.
thanks !! yes i was in cochin for some time now am in kunnamkulam.Will surely give the review
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Never thought of the Santro as a very mod friendly car, but you have made it stick. The paint job is awesome.
Can you let me know whats the paint finishing called. Thinking of something similar for my bike.

On second thoughts: Something like this on a non tall boy car would have been more kick-*** !
santro after the side skirts and wide tyres those are 195/45/14 hankook ventus prime-surely doesnt look like a tall boy anymore.As for the paint i got it done at cochin carnation auto it was the most risk taking aspect of the modification because it could make or break the final result.i just wanted a somewhat military colour to it -it is actually a combination of around 9 standard colours of akzo nobel sikkens paint and finally you need to add matting agent to it in a certain proportion but you got to keep the formula with you-no clear used even matt clear has a shine to it but frankly no problems because it has already been on the roads for one year before i took the photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acclero View Post
Welcome to the world of motorheads...
Bat-mobile looks good. I would definitely love to know
about the exhaust mod and also the fog lamps.

Welcome again
thanks!nice to know lot of guys like it -it should look different thats the key i guess.it has free flow exhausts that is from the header to the tail pipe-5 pieces. i got it ordered from performance zone delhi .Headlights and fog lamps are from retro rides delhi from a person named Dikshit Bhasin.Head lights have angel eyes and the fogs are devils eye both of which come in various colours-though i guess it looks like the names were really mixed up because angel eyes really look like devils eye in the night
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Welcome to the Team doc!!..

2 cents from my side for your batmobile - Smoke the tail lamps, and... umm... do you really need those exhausts?.

And, any performance mods in the Santro?
those exhausts are dummies the actual exhaust outlet is much wider but it is turned and facing the left tyre with some distance.didnt want to connect it to the dummies as it will affect the gold plating colour fast
i have changed to iridium spark plugs ,changed to performance spark plug wires ,K&N conical filter with a power device air flow double blade inbetween.also have volt stabiliser with grounding wires .neo system is fitted to the petrol inlet pipe to the engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Hi, what is your ground clearance now? Knowing Kerala roads, it looks a bit too low in the pics.

Spike
no problems with the ground clearance at all .initially that was my main concern but i have driven it on the roads for nearly a year already and no bumping on high speed breakers also i guess the person who modified it had some idea about it -the tyres by the way are 14" as compared to the normal 13" but the profile is low
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar.runs View Post
Welcome to the team doc!

This is the best modified Santro I have seen! Absolutely beautiful. No wonder it is turning some heads.
Thanks a lot !!!!that surely is a very good comment from a senior petrol head-its made my day.
docvino is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 20:08   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: santro nicknamed batmobile

I'm not sure if these quires are to be asked here, but as there is no ownership or review thread, I guess its OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docvino View Post
K&N conical filter with a power device air flow double blade inbetween.
Now, what is that?. Could you please explain.
Quote:
also have volt stabiliser with grounding wires.
What is the need of voltage stabilizer in a Santro? Is it for the ICE?
Quote:
neo system is fitted to the petrol inlet pipe to the engine
You mean, a fuel pressure regulator?
Quote:
the tyres by the way are 14" as compared to the normal 13" but the profile is low
How is the ride with 14 inchers?. And is there any scrapping?
Old 31st May 2011, 22:17   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
I'm not sure if these quires are to be asked here, but as there is no ownership or review thread, I guess its OK.

Now, what is that?. Could you please explain.

What is the need of voltage stabilizer in a Santro? Is it for the ICE?

You mean, a fuel pressure regulator?

How is the ride with 14 inchers?. And is there any scrapping?
just check out the performance zone site they give some info.as for the volt stabiliser i dont take any more risks because it has HIDs and 2 amplifiers for the ICE.I remember burning out the mother board of my apple computer twice because it didnt have a pure sine wave UPS so i didnt want to make a mistake again.
As for the 14" wheels there are no issues since the tyre profile is 45 never have scraped it and the ride quality is good too,you need to work out the upsize correctly this is the widest tyres you can go for on a santro -195 but the rubber is quite expensive worked out to Rs 4250 for each a year back

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
docvino the only gripe with the job is the twin exhaust's right in the center. Sticks out like a sore thumb, can't we do away with those ? But then to each his own, truly a neat job carried out.Not too loud and subtle, the finish is perfect. Good one pal.
those exhausts wont look good anywhere else especially if you want the grill work there .i give credit to a car called lotus evora for this design but i guess each person has a different take

Last edited by Jaggu : 31st May 2011 at 22:48. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 23:38   #13
BHPian

Really neat mods doc!

By the way, welcome to the forum and wish you a very pleasant stay. I am so happy to see another fellow Santro enthusiast!

Have you done any adjustments to the suspension for fitting those wheels? 'cause my Xing's rear tyres used to scrape the wheel well with 185/60 R13s while going over sudden dips on highways at speed and I eventually downgraded to 175/60 R13.

Also, the body kit looks really classy. Where did you source it and how much did it cost?
Old 1st June 2011, 15:27   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
Really neat mods doc!

By the way, welcome to the forum and wish you a very pleasant stay. I am so happy to see another fellow Santro enthusiast!

Have you done any adjustments to the suspension for fitting those wheels? 'cause my Xing's rear tyres used to scrape the wheel well with 185/60 R13s while going over sudden dips on highways at speed and I eventually downgraded to 175/60 R13.

Also, the body kit looks really classy. Where did you source it and how much did it cost?
thanks! -i went ahead with a santro modification because the swift has been modified so often that it doesnt strike a cord.
have made no adjustments to the wheel well or the suspensions ,not added any spacers either and i have driven it for nearly a year without hitting even once but i guess if the profile was 50 it may have
i would not advice buying body kits because i've heard that sometimes it doesnt fit correctly causing a lot of headaches for the fitter.the joy of modification is searching the net for good cars see if you can do something in your car and get a good person to work on it ,but you have to be patient and stay focussed.the front bumpers on my car are stock but i made him cut it at 1/3rd level fitted an extra piece below and made him make the side pillars with swift fog wells
Old 1st June 2011, 22:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

welcome doc!!

nice mods on a santro.

i really liked the color , can you PM me the color details please. (like brand, shade, its no. etc)

rgds,
Nikhil
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks