Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2006, 12:26   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Hey major, welcome to TBHP. Its is one heck of a site... It simply grows on you. And I am sure you will love it. BTW you are getting one heck of a car and the price is just too yummy!

Deepak... you mean from March onwards those same Tata dealers will start servicing Fiats as well?! Marr gaye! They are already groaning and creaking under the weight of existing Tatas that they service now another additional load... I hope the standards do not go for a toss. I was expecting more in lines of Tata taking over the current Fiat dealerships and service points and setting the standards for them as well as investing in them.

Zappo,
I have heard about the delivery pattern of tata cars, its terrible. My cousin used to work in a dealership and he used to lie in and out.
I was thankin deepak for providing me the information and praying that they bring out some good service. Damn the car needs attention.
Hey Palio owners, I got one question. My palio has 14K on the odo... And my front tires are bald. Completely shaven off. Is that normal or is something wrong. I know the car is a bit heavy. Howeva?
Man the car oversteers at speed over 110 and goes completely haywire. but its still managable. I wonder how the 1.6 handles with all those horses.
1.6 is 100BHP, but how come its not pitted against OHC or Baleno. Any inherent defect of issues with the Palio. Is it bcoz i am not lookin hard that i dont see anyone talkin about the performance monster 1.6L
Callin in Palio owners to share the info.
Old 23rd February 2006, 14:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo
Zappo,
I have heard about the delivery pattern of tata cars, its terrible. My cousin used to work in a dealership and he used to lie in and out.
I was thankin deepak for providing me the information and praying that they bring out some good service. Damn the car needs attention.
Hey Palio owners, I got one question. My palio has 14K on the odo... And my front tires are bald. Completely shaven off. Is that normal or is something wrong. I know the car is a bit heavy. Howeva?
Man the car oversteers at speed over 110 and goes completely haywire. but its still managable. I wonder how the 1.6 handles with all those horses.
1.6 is 100BHP, but how come its not pitted against OHC or Baleno. Any inherent defect of issues with the Palio. Is it bcoz i am not lookin hard that i dont see anyone talkin about the performance monster 1.6L
Man 14k is not the mileage for the front tyres to go bald... there is something seriously wrong with alignment or suspension, if u havent done some serious cornering in it.... go have it checked.
The tyres should last atleast 25-30k kms under normal usage.
Old 23rd February 2006, 14:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Deepak... you mean from March onwards those same Tata dealers will start servicing Fiats as well?! Marr gaye! They are already groaning and creaking under the weight of existing Tatas that they service now another additional load... I hope the standards do not go for a toss. I was expecting more in lines of Tata taking over the current Fiat dealerships and service points and setting the standards for them as well as investing in them.
Yes. Prerna, the official Tata dealer at Bangalore will be selling and servicing Fiat vehicles also, starting from March. Prerna had actually called me a fortnight back asking me what I expect from their services and had asked me about my experiences with the present dealer/service center. I did mention about this load issue to them, for which they replied that they are planning to segregate Tata and Fiat vehicles in some form; may be have some extra service bays for Fiat vehicles or have a separate service center, something like that. At that time, they had not decided yet about what their plans will be. I presume they will continue to service Fiat vehicles along with Tata vehicles as of now and probably will chalk out further plans as things take a definite shape. Prerna had actually called up many Fiat owners asking for their opinions. I believe Concorde, another Tata dealer from Bangalore also had called up some members. Details regarding these can be seen from the postings in paliousersgroup.
Old 23rd February 2006, 14:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque
Man 14k is not the mileage for the front tyres to go bald... there is something seriously wrong with alignment or suspension, if u havent done some serious cornering in it.... go have it checked.
The tyres should last atleast 25-30k kms under normal usage.
I agree with you. I have completed 12k km on my Pal, but the treads are still looking fine. If tires go bald at 14k, it means that there has to be some alignment issue or something to do with the suspension. How'bout checking caster and toe readings?
Old 23rd February 2006, 14:46   #20
BHPian

Welcome to T-Bhp, major.

Congratulations on buying the S10 from another Palio owner! Enjoy!
Old 23rd February 2006, 14:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Something is wrong with your front end for the tyres to go bald in 14000kms. They should easily last 35000. My cars tyres are just fine.

The Palio is a hatchback and the other two are sedans. The Palio suffers from bad company image and bad publicity of poor mileage. This has relegated it out of the common persons mind as an option when buying a car.
Old 23rd February 2006, 17:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well guys since this a palio thread can someone tell me the best place to service my palio in bangalore... My car is in a pathetic state.
Mr. TURBO santro doesn't know where to service a car.

Quote:
My palio has 14K on the odo... And my front tires are bald. Completely shaven off. Is that normal or is something wrong. I know the car is a bit heavy. Howeva?
Man the car oversteers at speed over 110 and goes completely haywire. but its still managable
And has no clue about suspension.. :rl
Old 23rd February 2006, 18:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
How'bout checking caster and toe readings?
How do u check these ?

I got my wheels rotated, aligned & balanced today after 5000 kms of driving in my Siena..3k of which was on highways with some bad stretches...& I wasnt feeling comfy with the feel of the suspension..

But drove the car today after the wheel rotation & aligned..The car felt "Makkhan" again..
Old 23rd February 2006, 19:39   #24
Senior - BHPian

Hi major welcome aboard, palio 1.6 is the real hot hatch. Enjoy your ride.
Old 24th February 2006, 01:44   #25
BHPian

Guys

THANKS FOR THE OVERWHELMING RESPONSE.

I have bought the car, and is now given for servicing, audio system will be installed this sunday, will post pics of my car once the servicing is done.

Great to see so many people having the same passion as I do, i.e., Cars and Bikes.(Courtsey Team-BHP)

Thanks once again guys, I must admit I am addicted to this website.

Cheers

Major
Old 24th February 2006, 08:42   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Zappo,
My car touched 21000km, and still is really good and it seems it can last for another 15000.
Palio never oversteers because after 80kmph the power steering cuts off and get into normal steering mode. I guess there is some issues with wheel balancing/alignment and power steering.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks