Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2012, 12:47   #1
BHPian

Youngest Member ?

I've been visiting the forum for six months now. Applied for membership a few days ago and got in on the first try . I'm Rananjay, I live in Gurgaon. I'm probably the youngest member here, only 14 years old.

My obsession with cars started since a young age, from hotwheels cars, model road sets to go-karting,remote control cars,ps2/ps3 games etc. There are three cars at home, a Honda City,Hyundai Santro and a Chevrolet Aveo. Only the Santro has T-BHP stickers since it's driven by my brother, also a bhpian.

Apart from cars I love rock music, you'll find me writing in the heavy metal thread a lot . I'm playing the guitar for more than a year now. Some of my favorite bands/ musicians are Bullet For My Valentine, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Parikrama, Indian Ocean, Led Zep, Lamb of God, Them Clones, Deep Purple, Porcupine Tree, Placebo, RHCP etc. the list goes on.

I've never driven a vehicle and I don't intend to till I'm 17/18 years old and a learners'/permanent license holder. Hopefully I'll learn many road rules and good driving techniques from team-bhp by then.

Cheers, rayjaycleoful
rayjaycleoful is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 16:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Youngest Member ?

Congrats Rananjoy and most welcome to this wonderful forum. Hope you have a long and wonderful stay in the forum. Nice to learn about your passion for cars from such a tender age.

I think you are very lucky to get your membership approval on the first attempt.
I don't know whether you are the youngest member, but if it is so, my heartiest congratulations to you again for the same.

But don't forget your studies.
Best of luck.

Last edited by Sommos : 11th August 2012 at 16:23.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 16:25   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post
I've never driven a vehicle and I don't intend to till I'm 17/18 years old and a learners'/permanent license holder. Hopefully I'll learn many road rules and good driving techniques from team-bhp by then.
Perfect attitude and a warm welcome to TBHP.

You'll have plenty to read here. Do that, but not at the cost of cutting study time.
Rudra Sen is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 17:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome on board and that too at such a young age. But pls don't let it become addiction as it can become one easily without you knowing it soon, and better focus on studies for now while keeping learning from people's experiences here.
Old 11th August 2012, 17:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful
I've been visiting the forum for six months now. Applied for membership a few days ago and got in on the first try . I'm Rananjay, I live in Gurgaon. I'm probably the youngest member here, only 14 years old..

Cheers, rayjaycleoful
Welcome buddy. Enjoy the forum.
Study well and don't forget to follow your dreams!
Become an all rounder with interests in any things around you, not just a bookworm!
Be responsible and stay cool!
Good luck!
Old 12th August 2012, 00:13   #6
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the forum.

I must say, you've got great taste in music, especially for someone who's just 14 years old. Today's youth are found listening to some seriously rubbish music.

Your list of bands is not too different from mine. I need my dose of music every day! A mixture of Porcupine Tree, Cream, Led Zep, Russian Circles, Floyd, Tool, King Crimson and most recently Rush make up my daily playlist.

Hope to run into you on the forum. Have a pleasant stay!
Old 12th August 2012, 00:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm probably the youngest member here, only 14 years old.
Wow, just 14 years old? My 23 year old brother who cleared his C.A couldn't get through Team-BHP's test. You must be something special. Enjoy your stay.

The replies here explains exactly what makes me keep coming back to Team-BHP. Everyone seems to have the perfect attitude.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 07:54   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

@RayJayCleoful, Welcome ! Have to agree with the compliments that everyone have given here, and would like to add that your language is notably clean of any traces of slang & the like.

Like they have said, TBHP can get addictive.

Btw, Rudra da's point reminds me of JM singing - keep your eyes on the road, & your hand up on the wheel..
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 11:42   #9
BHPian

Congrats Ray. As others said here, attitude is something you cannot teach. My ex boss used to say: "Recruit right attitude and train them to the skills you want". I found it very true, all you need is the right attitude and rest will follow in your way.

BTW my 2 and half year old son can recognize more than 100 car makes with model around the world. His favorite hobby now is browse through AutoCar magazine and shout each car name
Old 12th August 2012, 12:29   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post

I think you are very lucky to get your membership approval on the first attempt.
Best of luck.
Thank you for the warm welcome Sommos. Frankly speaking I didn't expect to get it on the first try :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Perfect attitude and a warm welcome to TBHP.
Do that, but not at the cost of cutting study time.
Thank you Rudra. Really means alot coming from one of the moderators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
But pls don't let it become addiction as it can become one easily without you knowing it soon, and better focus on studies for now while keeping learning from people's experiences here.
Thank you for your concern parsh. I switch on my computer/ go online when i finish my daily studies

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Welcome buddy. Enjoy the forum.

Be responsible and stay cool!
Good luck!
Thank you shankar.balan,hope to run into you on the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Welcome to the forum.

I must say, you've got great taste in music, especially for someone who's just 14 years old. Today's youth are found listening to some seriously rubbish music.

Your list of bands is not too different from mine.
Thank you suhaas307. I'm one of those "weirds kids who listen to rock music" because most of the children my age prefer to listen to RnB, rap, hip hop and some new genre called dubstep which sounds like transformers fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Congrats Ray. As others said here, attitude is something you cannot teach. My end rest will follow in your way.
BTW my 2 and half year old son can recognize more than 100 car makes with model around the world. His favorite hobby now is browse through AutoCar magazine and shout each car name
Thank you HotChillyPepper. Does your handle have anything to with Red Hot Chilli Peppers?
Autocar India has always been my favourite magazine. I've been collecting since 2004!
Old 12th August 2012, 14:12   #11
BHPian

Quote:
I've been visiting the forum for six months now. Applied for membership a few days ago and got in on the first try . I'm Rananjay, I live in Gurgaon. I'm probably the youngest member here, only 14 years old.

My obsession with cars started since a young age, from hotwheels cars, model road sets to go-karting,remote control cars,ps2/ps3 games etc. There are three cars at home, a Honda City,Hyundai Santro and a Chevrolet Aveo. Only the Santro has T-BHP stickers since it's driven by my brother, also a bhpian.

Apart from cars I love rock music, you'll find me writing in the heavy metal thread a lot . I'm playing the guitar for more than a year now. Some of my favorite bands/ musicians are Bullet For My Valentine, Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Parikrama, Indian Ocean, Led Zep, Lamb of God, Them Clones, Deep Purple, Porcupine Tree, Placebo, RHCP etc. the list goes on.

Cheers, rayjaycleoful
Hi , rayjaycleoful

A very warm welcome to team bhp.

Nice to know your interests. Hope you will be a very good and responsible driver once you start driving after you turn 18. Team bhp will mould you in to one good driver.

My advice is academics first, then team bhp for you.

This is a very addictive forum for car crazy people.

Good to know your age. Children in this age need all the education on driving, before they hold the wheel in their hands. I think you are in the right age to join team bhp.

Happy and fantastic ride on team bhp.
Old 13th August 2012, 07:09   #12
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard youngie. You are in a group filled with petrol heads who all are young at heart and heart full of cars. Your attitude of learning is fine and it will definitely take you places.
That and cars apart, also concentrate on your studies as well.
Old 13th August 2012, 07:34   #13
BHPian

Welcome to the forum buddy. It is good to see such an interest in cars at such a young age. But hey 14 is good, I had a blast when I was your age.

By the way, did you say you are the weird one because you listen to a particular genre of music? I was a Megadeth fan when I was 14 and there is nothing 'weird' about the bands you like. Remember there aren't any troll pages on FB for bands like Floyd and Led Zep

I too like your interest in music. My all time favorite bands are Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin but when I was in my late teens Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden and AC DC made the cut.

Enjoy the experience at T-BHP
Old 13th August 2012, 11:00   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I've been visiting the forum for six months now. Applied for membership a few days ago and got in on the first try .

Apart from cars I love rock music, you'll find me writing in the heavy metal thread a lot . I'm playing the guitar for more than a year now.
Congrats on your membership. You sound a lot like my son, he is about your age, listens to many of the bands you listed and plays a bit of guitar too. There is hope for Rock Music yet. In my younger days I too played guitar (this picture in my avatar is more than 25 years old). What do you play - which instruement? what music/songs?

Last edited by navin : 13th August 2012 at 11:04.
Old 13th August 2012, 16:12   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
Welcome to the forum buddy. It is good to see such an interest in cars at such a young age.

By the way, did you say you are the weird one because you listen to a particular genre of music? I was a Megadeth fan when I was 14 and there is nothing 'weird' about the bands you like.

I too like your interest in music. My all time favorite bands are Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin but when I was in my late teens Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden and AC DC made the cut.

Enjoy the experience at T-BHP
Thank you for such a warm welcome Abhishek

What I meant was 95% of the people my age listen to everything and anything except rock and metal. They prefer music made on computers rather than music which is actually performed/recorded with instruments and without auto tune or similar softwares.

Those are some of my favorite bands too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Congrats on your membership. You sound a lot like my son, he is about your age, listens to many of the bands you listed and plays a bit of guitar too. There is hope for Rock Music yet. In my younger days I too played guitar (this picture in my avatar is more than 25 years old). What do you play - which instruement? what music/songs?
Thank you so much navin. I play the electric guitar. I have an Ibanez GIO series which I play through a Line6 amp. Currently I'm studying Rockschool grade 3 theory and grade 2 guitar. Apart from the rock school syllabus I play songs from the bands I listed in my first post
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks