Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2014, 02:06   #1
BHPian

Hello from a Junior member!

It's been many many years that I keep on coming back to Team BHP whether it was planning a trip outside of Delhi or to read reviews or when I wanted to be with automobiles. I would have continued with my habit. But very recently two things happened. I started sharing my life with Simba (My Fortuner AT). And, a browsing session on Leh took me to the post where Obelix did what I feel is a dream come true for me. That's when I decided enough of participating from outside. Might as well make an attempt to be part of the team. Thank you for accepting me.

Immediately after getting in, I got my goodies. These came this evening. Super excited. Simba will get few of those in the morning. Hello from a Junior member!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1394224428.733518.jpgHello from a Junior member!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1394224449.614478.jpg

For me, driving has been and continues to be my stress buster. There have been occasions when I simply tank up at dawn and drive out for a same day return trip. Random. Delhi - Gwalior - Delhi. Delhi - Ajmer - Delhi. Or, some other direction. More than destinations, it is the direction. I have begged my friends (and with success) to let me drive their cars to Allahabad or to Orrisa from Delhi and not take a freight service. Another stress buster for me is cooking.

I am planning a September trip to Leh. Haven't firmed up the route as yet. But I intend covering the circuit. Therefore, it will be either Delhi - Srinagar - Leh - Manali - Delhi or Delhi - Manali - Leh - Srinagar - Delhi while going and I will follow the other while returning from Leh. From what I have read, 1st week of September is doable with relative ease. I will soon come knocking asking for advice.

It feels good to be part of the Team!

Nayak - junior member
Traveller Nayak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 13:01   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hello from a Junior member!

Welcome Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
My Fortuner AT
Perfect ride for your kind of touring!

Quote:
Another stress buster for me is cooking.
Team-BHP always amazes me with the scope of information onboard. Here's a 81 page thread on cooking

Quote:
I am planning a September trip to Leh.....I will soon come knocking asking for advice.
Your Leh bible is here.

Drive safe & hope to see an ownership report of your Fortuner soon.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2014, 18:59   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
...It feels good to be part of the Team!

Nayak - junior member
Welcome onboard. Please do share your t-logs now onwards. Looking forward to all of those.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2014, 01:29   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome Junior

Perfect ride for your kind of touring!

Team-BHP always amazes me with the scope of information onboard. Here's a 81 page thread on cooking

Your Leh bible is here.

Drive safe & hope to see an ownership report of your Fortuner soon.
Thank you GTO. I couldn't have agreed more re; how much Team-BHP can amaze. As I have spent past few days browsing through the various posts / threads, I realised that couple of minutes of browsing were turning into hours. It is becoming like an addiction. Today I found a thread on DSLRs.

re; the Leh Bible, it is indeed. I have read and re read and re read and made my colleagues read. One of my colleagues from UK is inspired to do the drive.

Team-BHP is a self contained world in itself with a bunch of passionate folks. Happy to be here. Home is where the heart is.
Traveller Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks