Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2014, 20:57   #16
BHPian

Re: Vanakkam BHPians!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
I don't doubt the reliability of the VAG cars with MT, but there are question marks over the reliability of the DSG box.

No one in my family owns a VAG car. But my neighbor had a Laura which was sold after he replaced the DSG. He lost faith in Skoda. After seeing TBHP, I realised this is not a one-off incident.

BTW, I was only talking about DSGs not being reliable. Maybe post 2012, VAG did the necessary changes to make the DSG more reliable in start-stop traffic conditions like us.
Well even with the DSG,it'll still be reliable cause I have a vast experience with VW cars and also their DSG.
I agree they have been proved to be unreliable over their range of cars especially in the Superb but they have made the necessary tweaks and if it still fails,no one can do anything about but VW replacing it for a better gearbox.

Enough of the talk about DSG's let's save it for the appropriate thread.
Adios and have a good motoring.
Old 8th October 2014, 12:19   #17
BHPian

Re: Vanakkam BHPians!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
After seeing TBHP, I realised this is not a one-off incident.
Yes D4D, I am to wary of the DSG failures but feel that these instances have come down of late (even in Team BHP). Anyway its a good 6 months till i decide my next car, so we'll get a better picture won't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
Well even with the DSG,it'll still be reliable cause I have a vast experience with VW cars and also their DSG.
Thanks enzowho for sharing your experience. I'll take it into consideration while i decide my next car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks