Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2014, 12:53   #1
BHPian

Vanakkam BHPians!!

Hello to all,
Elated to be a part of Team-BHP!! (and that doesn't convey half of what I feel right now). Got into the community in my second attempt after having been a silent spectator for a long time.

Now, if I may introduce myself. I am a third generation entrepreneur based out of Madurai. During my college days (when I did my mechanical engineering), when most of my friends were discussing about motorcycles, I would be a mute spectator. Motorcycles simply didn't interest me. That's when I had to take my 4-wheeler license. I learnt to drive in a Maruti Omni and then polished my driving in an Ambassador. Till this point driving was a chore. It was a necessity to take me from point A to B.

Enter 2001 and there comes my Ford Ikon (Petrol). Boy, wasn't it a pleasure to drive. The more I drove it, the more I fell in love with driving. Since then have been a constant reader/subscriber of various auto magazines. Times flew by, changed a couple of cars in the meanwhile (owned a Maruti Wagon R and a Fiat Palio - Diesel).

Currently, I am driving a Ford Fiesta Diesel (purchased Dec '09). It has faithfully served me over the years. Have driven about 1.77 lakh kms in it and think that it would near the 2-lakh mark before it retires in about 6 months.

The timing would never have been more perfect to enter Team-BHP. My old workhorse is due for retirement and I would be looking for a sedan/suv in the next 6 months with a budget of 13-14 Lakhs OTR.

My shortlists so far have been the Vento/Rapid DSG, CITY, CIAZ and the XUV W6. Space and safety would be on the top of my mind when I finalise one among them. The City, Ciaz and XUV all have space and safety features. Though Vento/Rapid aren't as spacious as the other three, it sure entices with a DSG. It will give a much-needed convenience, not to forget the ESP these two cars offer.

That's it folks, will love to interact with you guys in the future.

Cheers,
Neethi
neethi_raj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 16:21   #2
BHPian

Re: Vanakkam BHPians!!

Vanakkam neethi-raj. Welcome to TEAM-BHP. Waiting for your valuable contribution to our forum
Thank you

Last edited by virgopal : 4th October 2014 at 16:23. Reason: edit
virgopal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 16:33   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neethi_raj View Post
Currently, I am driving a Ford Fiesta Diesel (purchased Dec '09). It has faithfully served me over the years. Have driven about 1.77 lakh kms in it and think that it would near the 2-lakh mark before it retires in about 6 months.

The timing would never have been more perfect to enter Team-BHP. My old workhorse is due for retirement and I would be looking for a sedan/suv in the next 6 months with a budget of 13-14 Lakhs OTR.

My shortlists so far have been the Vento/Rapid DSG, CITY, CIAZ and the XUV W6. Space and safety would be on the top of my mind when I finalise one among them. The City, Ciaz and XUV all have space and safety features. Though Vento/Rapid aren't as spacious as the other three, it sure entices with a DSG. It will give a much-needed convenience, not to forget the ESP these two cars offer.
Welcome to the forum Neethi!

Do go through the "Sedan" and "SUV,MUV,4x4" section in the "What Car?!" sub-forum to get all your answers and if any of your questions are un-answered then do search for the relevant thread and post the question there, we all we be there to get the confusion out!

Do write and post a long-term ownership review of your Fiesta Diesel. Would be a joy to read.

Welcome once again!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 16:57   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Welcome to the forum Neethi!

Do go through the "Sedan" and "SUV,MUV,4x4" section in the "What Car?!" sub-forum to get all your answers and if any of your questions are un-answered then do search for the relevant thread and post the question there, we all we be there to get the confusion out!

Do write and post a long-term ownership review of your Fiesta Diesel. Would be a joy to read.

Welcome once again!

Anurag.
Thanks Anurag.
I am already reading those forums and will come up with questions as and when required.

Also, I'll take up your suggestion and try a long term ownership thread. But I'm not absolutely sure because 6 years is a long time to write from memory alone. Maybe I'll write a long post in other long term threads such as BHPian unni's.
neethi_raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 21:07   #5
BHPian

Vanakkam Neethi !! I know that feeling of elation when you get approved.
Please do write an ownership review of your Fiesta cause 1.77lakh kms in ~6years is a lot of driving and many of us here would find it very useful. Have a great time here.
Cya,
Shanksta
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2014, 21:32   #6
D4D
BHPian

Vanakkam sir! (I'm a tamilian too BTW)

Hope you enjoy in the community with all like minded enthusiasts.

Quote:

Vento/Rapid aren't as spacious as the other three, it sure entices with a DSG. It will give a much-needed convenience, not to forget the ESP these two cars offer.

Considering you've driven your ford fiesta for 1.77 lakh km in 5 years, I don't think the Vento/Rapid DSG will be troublefree that long and that far!

Anyway, that's a question left for all the members to answer when your question pops in the "What car?" section.

Regards,
D4D

Last edited by D4D : 4th October 2014 at 21:35.
D4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 02:01   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome to Team Bhp. I see you are from Madurai and i must say, i have visited Madurai when i was a kid and from then due to some personal reason this city is and always will be very close to my heart.

As you are looking for a new car in the budget of 13-14 lakhs i would say, if you read the Team bhp officials reviews and the Initial ownership/long-term ownership reports, you will get the best and honest feed back of all your shortlisted cars. Am sure that will definitely help you to take the right decision. Wish you all the best for your new purchase.

Last edited by Samba : 6th October 2014 at 02:05.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 18:34   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
Vanakkam sir! (I'm a tamilian too BTW)

Considering you've driven your ford fiesta for 1.77 lakh km in 5 years, I don't think the Vento/Rapid DSG will be troublefree that long and that far!

Regards,
D4D
Hi D4D,
I always thought the german sibling were built like a tank. At least, thats what is posted on most of the forums. I am sure, if you maintain a tank well, then it is going to be trouble free. The cost of maintenance is another question altogether.
Old 6th October 2014, 20:27   #9
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
I always thought the german sibling were built like a tank. At least, thats what is posted on most of the forums. I am sure, if you maintain a tank well, then it is going to be trouble free.
Only sheet metal thickness gives "tank like build" feeling. The overall sheet metal feels more solid than an equally priced Japanese car. The door shut well, there are no rattles whatsoever.

Regarding mechanicals, the Japanese have the upper hand due to their reliability.
Still, as you say, Maintenance is key!
D4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 21:15   #10
BHPian

Neethi,

Vanakkam . Madurai is an awesome city. Love Amma mess and the Jigarthanda.

Team BHP helped me decide on buying my first car, I am sure you will be able to conclusion with all the information available here.

Welcome to Team BHP once again.

Regards,
Amit
AmitKumarVinay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 10:10   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitKumarVinay View Post
Neethi,

Vanakkam . Madurai is an awesome city. Love Amma mess and the Jigarthanda.

Team BHP helped me decide on buying my first car, I am sure you will be able to conclusion with all the information available here.

Welcome to Team BHP once again.

Regards,
Amit
Hi Amit,
Nice to know that you love Madurai. Next time try Chandran mess, which is just opposite amma mess for lunch.

I am sure hoping to choose my next car with the help of fellow BHPians just like you did.
Old 7th October 2014, 10:49   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Amit,
Nice to know that you love Madurai. Next time try Chandran mess, which is just opposite amma mess for lunch.

I am sure hoping to choose my next car with the help of fellow BHPians just like you did.

I will defintely visit the Chandran Mess , next time I am there.

Happy Motoring, Neethi
AmitKumarVinay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 18:14   #13
BHPian

Welcome Neethi sir!!

I've been to madurai many times as I have lot of friends there and love the place for its food and people.

would be looking for great contributions to the forum. Also, My best wishes for your SUV Search.
kablu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 20:10   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post

D4D
Welcome to the family and have a thrilling experience here.

And believe me you are wrong about the German siblings.
I myself have had 5 of those in the last three years and my current Vento has around 110k KMS without any trouble so far in the last one and a half year of ownership.

Again, I welcome you to the community.
Old 7th October 2014, 20:17   #15
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post

And believe me you are wrong about the German siblings.
I myself have had 5 of those in the last three years and my current Vento has around 110k KMS without any trouble so far in the last one and a half year of ownership.
I don't doubt the reliability of the VAG cars with MT, but there are question marks over the reliability of the DSG box.

No one in my family owns a VAG car. But my neighbor had a Laura which was sold after he replaced the DSG. He lost faith in Skoda. After seeing TBHP, I realised this is not a one-off incident.

BTW, I was only talking about DSGs not being reliable. Maybe post 2012, VAG did the necessary changes to make the DSG more reliable in start-stop traffic conditions like us.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks