Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2018, 04:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Call of Duty - Most Wanted : M.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPrice View Post

PS: The last part of the thread's title, M.D is a reference to the show, House M.D, which has played a big part in defining me.
Welcome Captain. House is one of my favorites.
Old 7th March 2018, 10:54   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel4X4 View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP!

Tomb Raider II.
Ah, yes! I remember TR II, especially the cheat codes for infinite ammo and Med Packs. Thanks for the welcome, buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Ah welcome. a fellow member with a CoD inspired handle!
Any guesses where i got mine
I remember the original Call of Duty where I initially thought that greenhorn was a kind of grasshopper. Never understood why the beginner difficulty level was named after something so agile.
And thanks for the welcome, mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccordSport View Post
Welcome Captain. House is one of my favorites.
I'd go so far as to say he's my role model, for he shows one how to be so knowledgeable that they can get away with whatever they want.
Also, thanks for the welcome, friend.

Looking forward to interact with you all extensively on the Forum.

Cheers!
CaptainPrice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 15:01   #18
BHPian

Valar Dohaeris!

Happy to welcome a fellow gamer to the forum
CoD titles are amongst my favorite FPS games, in fact, I just finished playing WWII, and it was amazing. NFS PU was also my favorite racing game, but alas, the game always crashed midway through my career, and I was never able to complete it.
I tried installing it on my current machine (Win 10, 64 bit) after seeing your introduction, but it just refuses to work (even with the mods available online).

Anyways, hope to have some interesting conversations with you on the forum.
See you around!

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 16:28   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
CoD titles are amongst my favorite FPS games, in fact, I just finished playing WWII, and it was amazing.
Before putting down Rs. 3,500 for CoD WWII, I want to be sure the game works smoothly on my machine. I have 8 GB system RAM and GeForce GT 730 graphics card (with additional 8 GB graphics memory).
Old 7th March 2018, 16:38   #20
BHPian

Thank you for the welcome, Joxster. Also, I'm glad to have found a fellow gamer and fellow GoT fan in the forum!

I've been through what you've been through, where numerous issues cased by the game, as well as Windows itself, did not allow me to play. (That's what I was referring to in my opening post). Eventually, I managed to complete the Test Driver section and it felt amazing.
I'll PM you about it shortly, as and when I grow beyond the Newbie restrictions, but in brief, considering you badly want to play it, have you tried the following?
1. Run as Admin
2. "Run this program in compatibility mode for" , and selecting an older edition of Windows, say 7 or XP
3. Running in 640x480
4. Disabling antivirus (re-enable later)

Considering that Windows 10 is shares many architectural similarities with Windows 7 and XP, the above should work, or at least give us a better understanding of the problem. It's a beautiful game and I hope you get to experience it fully.

Cheers and good luck!
Old 7th March 2018, 16:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPrice View Post
Thank you for the welcome, Joxster. Also, I'm glad to have found a fellow gamer and fellow GoT fan in the forum!
Me too!

I should have explained more. I did try all the steps you recommended, and even more than that as well. The game is launching, but crashes the moment I click "Race", and this is the very first race of the game.
I will take a second crack at it though, and will certainly let you know if it works

PS: You should check out the build I just put together for myself. You can find it here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post4362399

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Before putting down Rs. 3,500 for CoD WWII, I want to be sure the game works smoothly on my machine. I have 8 GB system RAM and GeForce GT 730 graphics card (with additional 8 GB graphics memory).

I wouldn't recommend you to buy it, because I don't think your graphics card will be able to run the game well. The minimum requirement for the game is a GeForce GTX 660.

Pulled up a comparison report (http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index...eforce-gtx-660) between the 660 & 730, and the 660 is a much better card, despite being quite a bit older.

I would recommend you to upgrade your GPU if gaming is a criteria for you, and feel free to PM me if you want any advice

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Cheers

Last edited by Joxster : 7th March 2018 at 16:52.
Old 7th March 2018, 16:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
According to this link from Notebookcheck, a site known for accurate reviews and benchmarks, the card plays CoD: Ghosts and BF4 with medium detail at 1366x768, with an average FPS around 30. Considering that WWII might be a bit more advanced, it might be safe to say that you might need an upgrade in order to play with reasonable detail. Nevertheless, Nvidia might issue a driver update to improve things.

I originally played NFS: PU on low settings at the cybercafe computer, so I'm used to the thug life.
CaptainPrice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2018, 03:13   #23
BHPian

Quote:
I will take a second crack at it though, and will certainly let you know if it works
I got it to work! Had to install a patch and an nGlide wrapper, and it worked like a charm after that. I can even change to modern resolutions now
Old 9th March 2018, 11:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I got it to work! Had to install a patch and an nGlide wrapper, and it worked like a charm after that. I can even change to modern resolutions now
Well, congratulations, Joxster! That's a very interesting path. Let me try the same on my new Windows 10 Laptop too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks