Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2018, 20:39   #1

Delighted to be here

Finally!!!

I couldn't begin to express how excited I am to finally be part of this community! Having been an avid reader on the forum for over 5 years now, I have always wanted to be part of this and finally I am! YAY!!

It was about 3 years ago when finally decided to sign up and I clicked the 'register' link hoping to find an easy 'connect with google' button so I can save myself the trouble of typing my name and other details. But little did I know that not only would I not find that button, I would have to face those questions which even made me wonder "Do I really qualify to be a car guy?" I guess all that frustration just add to the joy I am feeling at the moment.

I am a 24 year old guy, grew up in Kerala and now working in Bangalore (which as you might know, is a typical mallu dream). I work in finance but I am miles better at cooking than I will ever be at crunching numbers (certified by many as a better cook than their mothers). I also identify as an artist even though I haven't put anything down on a canvas for a few years now but I have certificates from school days if anybody asks me to prove it!

Finally coming to cars. When I started working about 5 years back, My dad gifted me the Most gorgeous bright red Maruti 800 I had ever set eyes on. The first time I had a vehicle to call 'mine' and the first time I had to go through owning a vehicle which as I released gradually, is much more than just driving them with occasional trips to a mechanic. I drove it till a few months back when I realized I need a car which I can drive out of the city (well you know how the brakes are on the 800) and went for a 2005 Hyundai Getz and extremely happy with it (the bits I am not happy about is gonna come up in the technical section soon)

I hope this is not too long for an Intro. I really look forward to interacting with all of you!

Kifilshah

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th June 2018 at 21:29. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. Please go through the rules of the board. Welcome aboard. :)
kifilshah is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th June 2018, 22:56   #2
BHPian

re: Delighted to be here

Welcome aboard! Much like you, I’m from Kerala and used to live in Bangalore until recently, but unlike you, can’t cook anything better than Maggis and Top Ramens.
gk1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 10:06   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Delighted to be here

Welcome Kifilshah . Great to have you with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kifilshah View Post
It was about 3 years ago when finally decided to sign up and I clicked the 'register' link hoping to find an easy 'connect with google' button so I can save myself the trouble of typing my name and other details.
Just the thought of that "connect with google / facebook" button on Team-BHP!

We don't chase numbers on Team-BHP; we chase quality. Back of the envelope calculations tell me that our membership would have been 12 - 15 lakh at the minimum without our membership screening process. But imagine the mayhem with people posting:

"Kool carz, bro!"

"Plz hlp me decide btwn Maruthi Alt an Hyndai Eoooon"

"I agree"

"Upto 90% discount on my website www.abc.com"

"u don't knew nething, if u hv guts, give me ur address & i'll cum to bash u and ur fmily 2night"

"Maah XV500 is da best. I crush everythin on da highway with it. And at 240 kmph, it gives me 20 km to a liter"

Quote:
2005 Hyundai Getz
Ah, a fellow pre-owned car fan! Great to hear.

Last edited by GTO : 14th June 2018 at 13:52.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 10:17   #4
BHPian

Re: Delighted to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kifilshah View Post

I hope this is not too long for an Intro. I really look forward to interacting with all of you!

Kifilshah
Welcome to the forum, Kifilshah. I am sure you must be aware of this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ter-chefs.html.

Looking forward to your recipes and secrets of great cooking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
"Kool carz, bro!"

"Plz hlp me decide btwn Maruthi Alt an Hyndai Eoooon"
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 10:21   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk1234 View Post
Welcome aboard! Much like you, I’m from Kerala and used to live in Bangalore until recently, but unlike you, can’t cook anything better than Maggis and Top Ramens.
Thanks a lot

And Maggi is a total lifesaver for anybody! I love how it has democratized cooking! no matter what age, gender you are, everybody cooks Maggi!

Quote:
Welcome Kifilshah . Great to have you with us.
Thanks again!! really happy to be here.

And what you said about forum quality is totally true! you can literally find even political debates under car reviews and I am not even exaggerating!

Quote:
Ah, a fellow pre-owned car fan! Great to hear.
The economics of buying a new car just never made sense to me. But yeah! there are hassles there's no denying that. But I guess I have got the time, patience and love for machines to spend on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Welcome to the forum, Kifilshah. I am sure you must be aware of this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ter-chefs.html.

Looking forward to your recipes and secrets of great cooking.

Thanks you!

I was going through the threads and I realized there is one for anything and everything. weight-loss, cooking and what not! Its really super-cool!

Anyways subscribed to the cooking thread now. hope i'll be able to contribute something of value

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th June 2018 at 10:46. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE +) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
kifilshah is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed