Team-BHP - Graduating from Zen to Safari
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Introduce yourself (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Graduating from Zen to Safari (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introduce-yourself/22289-graduating-zen-safari-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dicorex4x4 (Post 393448)
However, once you get used to the dimensions, you'll realise that people actually make way for you. No need to use the horn either - just sneak up to people from behind, let them 'feel' the sound of the truck behind and then watch them move out of your way.

It does not work that way in Bangalore.. You have to make people move out of the way.. I have had instances where i kept on honking and the auto's and two wheelers kept coming in front of me..
They think this is a slow vehicle and they try to get into the gaps.. to save my car from unwanted scratches not to mention arguments i have to let them go.. But once i get an empty strech i let them eat smoke( thick black smoke)lol:

Godfather

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather (Post 393510)
It does not work that way in Bangalore..

If you say so ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather (Post 393510)
to save my car from unwanted scratches not to mention arguments i have to let them go..

OK you have body coloured bumpers so you need to be careful. I've retained the grey bumpers and cladding and have already got a few scratches on the front bumper from a wild bush off the road so I'm not that worried anymore.

I am getting body coloured bumpers, remote lock, art leather seats plus mats and stuff along with a cash discount in the deal. I am not sure if he is going to replace the grey bumpers or he is going to paint them...

Hey, wonder why all the discount?? Is tata trying to make way for the new 2.2L launch??

I think your deal is very good. Going by the surface-area of plastic that needs to be covered, the bumper and cladding paint itself would cost upwards of 12-15K.

For the 2.2L, catch the action here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...hp-320-nm.html

Cheers,
Su-47

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderlust (Post 394891)
I am getting body coloured bumpers, remote lock, art leather seats plus mats and stuff along with a cash discount in the deal. I am not sure if he is going to replace the grey bumpers or he is going to paint them...

Hey, wonder why all the discount?? Is tata trying to make way for the new 2.2L launch??

Please ensure you're getting this new BSZ series (or whatever - Desert Fox should be able to educate you) which features:

updated electricals, improvements to a/c, brake calipers, new engine mounts, (not sure of this) better steering feedback, and allegedly a larger exhaust pipe which has allegedly made a big diff in pickup.

Check with Desert Fox - he's the expert.

Hey I just checked out mine today....its a csz series. Is that good or bad?

Drifter

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderlust (Post 394891)

Hey buddy, so have you finally got the possession of this wonder beast?:)

-POGU

Hi All

I also have Zen which is 5.5 yrs old and now due to my family requirement I need bigger CA. I am die hard fan of DICOR and I am reading all the posts for last 6-6 months. My heart says go for it but brain says wait. I am read in many posts that there ar some issues with it and you have to spend many days in workshop. Can you please tell me are they removed from teh latest model they are selling in market now.

Please suggest, i need all the valuable suggestions from all you experts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 391933)
Welcome, Wanderlust. Your choice is perfect for those with itchy feet.

Contrary to what Rtech says, we do not point fingers at other vehicles - therefore there will be no listing of points against any other vehicle. To each his own - you seem to have been around for a while so I'm assuming that you're well read in these matters.

Congratulations and welcome once again.

That was NICE. Cheers!!!
And yes - Congratulations Wanderlust.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather (Post 392830)
The painting is done by the dealers.. and they have done a brilliant job in matching the color.. See my BHP Garage for the pics of my dicor..

Godfather

That is one really good SAFARI. You need to do somehting about the wheels though dude. I am sure u can bring more life to your car by bringing in some mean alloys:p

Wait until the 2.2 ltr engine is launched, it will be a crdi engine with more power and refinement.

Swathyd, the current Safari (i.e. 3.0L Dicor) is a CRDI engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmishra83 (Post 404828)
That is one really good SAFARI. You need to do somehting about the wheels though dude. I am sure u can bring more life to your car by bringing in some mean alloys:p

Thanks bro... Yes i will get mags but at a later stage.. There are only a limited patterns that you can get here in India for a SUV.. Most probably i will have mine imported.. Havent found the perfect design yet.. Still on the lookout for it.

Godfather

Godfather
Thats really a very nice looking DICOR. Have you upgraded the interiors also in some way? I would love to see beige interiors in Safari. I believe they offer that in Scorpio.

Regards
POGU

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather (Post 404925)
Thanks bro... Yes i will get mags but at a later stage.. There are only a limited patterns that you can get here in India for a SUV.. Most probably i will have mine imported.. Havent found the perfect design yet.. Still on the lookout for it.

Godfather

Id be looking forward to it. And yes, I agree with you on the wheel bit. I am sure u can get inspired by the GANGSTA' trucks in the west. They have some mean wheels dude.