Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2021, 12:25   #16
BHPian

Re: Hello from the other side

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrn View Post
Dear Fateh. Welcome.
Rather than the other, I believe you will unleash the true power of the Dark side.
I'm sorry, I didn't get that . However, if you're referring to the black-and-white photos, thank you.
Old 7th June 2021, 19:54   #17
BHPian

Hi Fateh. No doubt your black and white photos are great. And so was your intro and write up.
My comment-
It was in reference to the Star Wars Movie Franchise. Lord Darth Vader- greatest and most powerful lord of the dark side of the force. Since you mentioned the OTHER SIDE- I jokingly wrote the dark side- wherein you unleash the power of your writing and photography skills. I hope that explains it. If not do google it up. It's a great movie franchise- akin to lord of the rings, Harry Potter other great movie franchises. Some say it's the greatest. I am sure you must have come across it.
Cheers.
Old 8th June 2021, 11:01   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrn View Post
It was in reference to the Star Wars Movie Franchise. Lord Darth Vader- greatest and most powerful lord of the dark side of the force. Since you mentioned the OTHER SIDE- I jokingly wrote the dark side- wherein you unleash the power of your writing and photography skills. I hope that explains it.
Cheers.
To cope with the cringe I just stated, may the force be with you . Hello, Adele's song, was the one I was referring to. Also, thank you for your kind words on my introduction.
Old 10th June 2021, 13:21   #19

@Fateh Salim welcome to the team, man am I glad to see Nilgiris is your post. I too am from Nilgiris and I too work used to work from an office based out of bangalore until COVID-19. Now am home based until my folks decide to go back to office. That being said once things turn normal how about we meet for some tea and ooty varkey.
PradoGdr88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 15:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fateh Salim View Post
To cope with the cringe I just stated, may the force be with you . Hello, Adele's song, was the one I was referring to. Also, thank you for your kind words on my introduction.
You write really well Fateh and your love for cars is shining through in your introduction. Considering you are also an automobile engineer, you probably know more about cars than paper pushers like me and personally I'm looking forward to more posts from you in future. Also, I am surprised that you used an Adele song for your introduction. The reason I was surprised is that none of the 20 somethings I know listen to Adele! Adele, Norah Jones and their ilk are more popular with fuddy duddies like me. Most of the 20 somethings I know are into BTS, Dua Lipa, Doja Cat, Kodaline, Zayn, and all of that. Well, lesson learnt - I will not be so presumptuous in future. Once again, welcome, and to paraphrase a line from one of my favourite franchises, live long and prosper!
Neversaygbye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 17:16   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PradoGdr88 View Post
@Fateh Salim welcome to the team, man am I glad to see Nilgiris is your post. I too am from Nilgiris and I too work used to work from an office based out of bangalore until COVID-19. That being said once things turn normal how about we meet for some tea and ooty varkey.
Thank you so much. Right now, I'm really pinching myself. I should've joined this family a fair while ago. However, it's better to be late than never. It's great to meet individuals who share my passions, and it's even better to see pals from my hometown. A perfect cup of tea and Varkey it is .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversaygbye View Post
You write really well Fateh and your love for cars is shining through in your introduction.Also, I am surprised that you used an Adele song for your introduction. Adele, Norah Jones and their ilk are more popular with fuddy duddies like me. Most of the 20 somethings I know are into BTS, Dua Lipa, Doja Cat, Kodaline, Zayn, and all of that. Well, lesson learnt
Sir, Thank you for your kind words. Isn't Adele a one-of-a-kind artist? I, too, have a sweet spot for older music. Everyone had their own distinct personality. The Beatles did not have the same sound as Queen. Queen didn't sound like the Eagles and so on. The same may be said about automobiles. Every maker honoured the origins of the product. A Palio remained a Palio, a Matiz remained a Matiz, and a Santro remained a Santro.
Fateh Salim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 21:32   #22
BHPian

Hello Fateh,

Welcome to the family. By the way, we share our alma mater. Same course, 2013 batch. Hope Prof. Martin is doing good.

Nilgiris is just true love, do share some photos of your classics with the stunning backdrop of the mountains.

You'll have a great time here.
Old 11th June 2021, 06:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

What a great intro! True to your name, you have won us over. Your passion shines through, and you're lucky to have an enthusiast for a father.
Old 11th June 2021, 15:45   #24
Senior - BHPian

Fateh Salim, welcome to the boards, and boy that's a show of a first impression. Being a resident of Ooty myself, great to see a fellow Bhpian hanging in there. Meself owns a Figo Figo 2017 TDCi and I totally hear you on what good or bad things you have to say about the Figo. The TDCi is a gem of performer, wolf in a sheep's clothing. Box it, and you literally have the meanest Tiger on the prowl.

Would love to know where exactly do you reside in Ooty, perhaps, if time permits, we can catch for for Ford get-together. If you're uncomfortable sharing your personal details, kindly DM me. Good luck on your garage wishlist mate.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 11th June 2021, 16:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nifty.Nishy View Post
Hello Fateh,
Welcome to the family. By the way, we share our alma mater. Same course, 2013 batch. Hope Prof. Martin is doing good.
I'm overjoyed to learn that we share the same roots. Mr. Martin is a fantastic man and most likely the same hidebound individual you met back in college. However, he is no longer the Automobile HOD. He has been given the responsibility of becoming the director of college campus life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
What a great intro! True to your name, you have won us over. Your passion shines through, and you're lucky to have an enthusiast for a father.
Sir, thank you so much for your nice words. I've learned a lot from my father, but it'll never be enough I guess. You can't help but grin as he double clutches his ageing padmini up the kalhatty ghats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
Being a resident of Ooty myself, great to see a fellow Bhpian hanging in there. Meself owns a Figo Figo 2017 TDCi and I totally hear you on what good or bad things you have to say about the Figo. The TDCi is a gem of performer, wolf in a sheep's clothing. Box it, and you literally have the meanest Tiger on the prowl.
I'm overjoyed to realise how much we have in common.I have without doubt looked at every passing figo in town and I'm sure I have seen your car as well . Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's the ideal car for Ooty roads in terms of size, power, practicality, efficiency and reliability for a 22-year-old like me. I live in close proximity to Ooty Lake. I'll be sure to give my address to you in the DMs. Cheers!
Fateh Salim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 14:21   #26
BHPian

Welcome Fateh Salim !
I too am a fan of FIAT and Jeeps.
I used to own a FIAT Sienna and now own a Fiat Punto in Bangalore.
Am presently working in Qatar and own a Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 HEMI, a Jeep Wrangler TJ which I use for my dune bashing and a Nissan Xterra.
Looking forward to more posts from you on the rebuild of the Jeep Marshal.
Regards
emmenhr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 15:41   #27
BHPian

Welcome Fateh. Good to have another Figo S TDCI owner in the forum. In the sole pic of your Figo, it felt like lowered. Mine too is white and now been remapped by Wolf Moto. It's just been driven 17K in last 2 years (Covid has messed up big time!) With the modified suspension, it also comes with weak tie rods. I have already changed it once under warranty and know of few who had the same issue. Wish you luck in your future endeavours (probably as an automobile engineer) and enjoy your stay here.
Looking forward to see an ownership review of your Figo S. Also, my wishlist of cars is quite similar to yours. Hopefully one day we realise our dreams with a lot of hard work put in.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 22:50   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmenhr View Post
Welcome Fateh Salim !
I too am a fan of FIAT and Jeeps.
Am presently working in Qatar and own a Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 HEMI, a Jeep Wrangler TJ which I use for my dune bashing and a Nissan Xterra.
I must say, sir. You're living it to the fullest. I'm hoping to see a few postings on your bad boys as well. The marshal, on the other hand, was merely a lockdown project. I'll keep you posted on a few other projects I've been working on. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Welcome Fateh. Good to have another Figo S TDCI owner in the forum.
Looking forward to see an ownership review of your Figo S. Also, my wishlist of cars is quite similar to yours. Hopefully one day we realise our dreams with a lot of hard work put in.
Thank you for taking the time to respond so thoroughly. I'm delighted to meet another owner of a Ford figo S. Yes, I believe the tie rod and a few suspension links should be re-engineered. My car is completely stock, however I am looking forward to remapping the engine. Any advice from your end would be really beneficial. Thanks again and best wishes.
Fateh Salim is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 07:40   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fateh Salim View Post
Any advice from your end would be really beneficial. Thanks again and best wishes.
The best person on the forum to help with remaps of TDCI is Tharian He has a thread on ownership of his Aspire Sports TDCI. Surely, you must have read it and if not then go through it. Pertaining to me, I wasn't happy with the low end torque of Figo hence got the turbo kick in at lower rpm. It is now better to drive in the city with reduced turbo lag and black smoke.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 14th June 2021 at 07:41.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 09:17   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
The best person on the forum to help with remaps of TDCI is Tharian .Pertaining to me, I wasn't happy with the low end torque of Figo hence got the turbo kick in at lower rpm. It is now better to drive in the city with reduced turbo lag and black smoke.
I'm not sure how, but my four-year-old car emits less smoke than the newer freestyles coming up these days. Also, Thank you for bringing the thread to my attention. I'm looking forward to reading it thoroughly.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks