Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2007, 16:36   #1

Nice to be here!

Hi Everyone! My name's Ajay Ravindra and I just signed up at this forum.
I was born and brought up in the U.K, so was lucky to have had exposure to driving conditions there for 6 months, after I passed my test there before I turned 18. It was in December - had to contend with the fading light and light snow, but got through.
Was there for a year or so a couple of years back and drove a Skoda Fabia 1.4 8v 5 dr hatch.
My set of wheels now is an Accent GLS, but my pride of joy is a light green 1982 Mercedes-Benz 200D 4 dr saloon, shipped over from the U.K with only 54,000 miles on the clock with all the original parts in tact and in mint condition. You won't find another example like this.
so hi again everyone and I hope my expectations are fulfilled as a member of Team bhp. Thanks, Ajay.
Old 25th October 2007, 17:19   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Boy, you got an 80s stock 123? I can almost hear the other UK-to-Bangalore BHPian "Ajmat" rushing over to your place. Welcome to Team-BHP.

Please do visit the board rules section to understand our forum protocol.
Old 26th October 2007, 07:11   #3
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard stormtrooper!

Please post some pictures of your W123 !! Im very interested in seeing the exact condition of a well kept w123 w/ 54k miles.
Lately there has been quite a lot of w123 talk on the forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
my pride of joy is a light green 1982 Mercedes-Benz 200D 4 dr saloon, shipped over from the U.K with only 54,000 miles on the clock with all the original parts in tact and in mint condition. You won't find another example like this.
Aah... but what about this one, (its a `79 240D 97+k miles) >> sneek peek >>

Some more info in this post = http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...tml#post600585

However, I will be posting a new thread with more pics etc soon....

Welcome aboard!
cya
R
Old 26th October 2007, 08:46   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello stormtrooper,

Welcome aboard. Your handle makes you sound like a SW fan. In which case, we have plenty to discuss soldier

Have fun!
Old 26th October 2007, 11:16   #5

Thanks gentlemen for your replies.
Rehaan - that " sneek " pic you provided sure looks tasty. My car also looks to be exactly the same shade of green as well, although the pic you provided certainly has better tractability. (Read that as 240D.)
Yes sure, I would love to post pictures and details of my car. Where can I do it?
One more thing - Is there a provision for G2Gs/drives? I would love to get involved in these if they exist.
Sam - SW?
Cheers! Ajay.

Last edited by stormtrooper : 26th October 2007 at 11:25.
Old 26th October 2007, 11:19   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sam - SW?
SW is Star Wars. And you are a stormtrooper.
Old 26th October 2007, 12:01   #7

Ok, I just went through the forum and I guess I can post the pics in the vintage, classics & imports section. I will be doing that soon.
Sam - I am not particularly an S.W fan. Funny thing was when I was sitting with my computer, trying to decide an I.d for myself, it was raining heavily, so this I.D just popped into my head. I also love riding and driving in the rains, if that makes sense. Now I know the actual significance of it.

Last edited by stormtrooper : 26th October 2007 at 12:05.
Old 26th October 2007, 12:17   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes sure, I would love to post pictures and details of my car. Where can I do it?
Starting a thread is a great idea. Vintage section... hmmm... i wonder if your car is old enough to truly qualify or if all the old fogies that hang will pooh-pooh the thread j/k

Quote:
One more thing - Is there a provision for G2Gs/drives? I would love to get involved in these if they exist.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/

cya
R

Quote:
trying to decide an I.d for myself, it was raining heavily, so this I.D just popped into my head.
Lol. George Lucas ka baap.
Old 26th October 2007, 12:19   #9

Oops! You're right, vintage is too old!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed