Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2008, 15:45   #16
BHPian

hey Xehaust ..

welcome to the gang of petrolheads, audio-nuts, tuners and what not !

I am sure you have taken good care of the astra. Have a '98 Astra in our stable too and man, i still love that car ( even after a complete engine re-built at home itself ). Sturdy and sure !

What other cars do ya have ?
Old 2nd February 2008, 02:28   #17
BHPian

Thank You every1

Being a car lover, ive become addicted to Team-BHP (I think i visit everyday).
Am enjoying it to the limit and am glad i came across it. Since the day i registered, it has become my one and only stop for any and all information regarding cars. Just love that there is a car forum for Indians, i mean ive come across Car Forums but all have been of other countries.

Hey Hkanitkar, how did you rebuild the engine! That too at home
Am just loving it. Ive learnt to widen my perpestive and appreciate all sorts of fiats, from 800s & Fiats to everything else. First i used to be like ooh just an 800 or sheesh, a Fiat, eh, a cab car.

Now, i have learnt to respect them, even came across a lovely old 800, the 1st generation!!! in the forums.

To end, i would say, I thought i was a car lover, but after TBHP, i realised that i was just a wannabe...
Only now am i an actual car lover
Old 2nd February 2008, 02:34   #18
BHPian

O an hkanitkar, if its not too much trouble, post some pics of your astra here and in your tbhp garage.
cheers.
Old 2nd February 2008, 23:03   #19
BHPian

hey xehaust.. talking of respeicting the 800s, you have to read the thread on Edmund's car.

@ rebuilt engine - yeah man, our astra's head got cracked due to coolant leakage further consequenting in excessive overheating. So it was changed along with a whole lot of internals. A new ECU was also put in.
All this was done right in our parking. This was in the year 2k, and i regret not keeping a detailed report on every smallest work done on the car..

@ Pictures - yeah man. Am putting that up by Feb end.
Old 2nd February 2008, 23:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Xehaust. Myself an Astra lover and we have a green color Astra Club Petrol 2003 (I think). I love the way the baby German Car drives.
Old 3rd February 2008, 02:54   #21
BHPian

Have read Edmunds 800 rebuild thread...Aweinspiring is all i can say :P

Hey Hkanitkar, will be waiting for the pics, in return, ill post mine as soon as i can have my garage...its a good deal, hehe.

Id love to restore my Astra, i mean its working fine an all but would love to restore her back to mint condition. Any ideas as to where can i start and approx how much will it cost?
Old 11th February 2008, 15:17   #22
BHPian

Am finally a BHPian and Garage is up & running.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks