Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2008, 11:00   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
Its a pleasure to invite all on their visits to Hyderabad to feel free to come home and see the cars and also join us on the bikes rides should you so desire.
I wish I had caught you the last time round. My uncles live in Secunderabad, so I'll be visiting off and on. We'll positively catch up the next time around, and add to these threads.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ollection.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ction-2-a.html
Old 20th February 2008, 11:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Terrific intro and what a way to walk into the party!

Welcome to Team BHP, Deepak. We have a lot of young souls here that lust after old relics - most of them come from Pune.

Look forward to seeing more of you here.
Old 20th February 2008, 11:30   #18
BHPian

Hello Deepak garu!!!

Excellent intro. You are indeed a knowledge powerhouse on auto. Enjoy your stay here & have fun!!
Old 20th February 2008, 17:51   #19
BHPian

Please open new thread in Vintage & Classic Cars Forum for Packards or other cars you are restoring now. Because some users face problems to open (Zorpia: Deepak's Homepage). If you have thread in Team-BHP forum, it is convenient
to view the progress.

Packard cars were famous marquis of its time, even it was expensive. I am interested to hear from you, how you are procuring parts, restoring details etc.
We wish to see on this forum the progress of your restoration and photos of
your family collections.

Cheers!
Old 20th February 2008, 19:10   #20
BHPian

Dear Mr. Deepak,

Please open new thread in Vintage & Classic Cars Forum for Packard Car Restoration Project. Because some users face problems to open (Zorpia: Deepak's Homepage).

Packard cars were famous marquis of its time, even it was expensive. I am interested to hear from you, how you are procuring parts, restoring details etc.

La Salle car you mentioned, I am seeing one La Salle car, since my childhood in Banjara Hills, first it was pink colour, then it was Yellow, now it is looks maroon. I don't know it is the same car or different. The car I had seen long time back, was belongs to family of Prabhat Talkies owners, their kids were my childhood friend, we leave in the same building in Banajara Hills, Road #8, they also used to have bug Fiat.

I also heard that in Muffakam Jah's house (Chamlijah) situated on Banjara Hills Road No.1 has fabalous collection of cars in side his house. Some of
the cars were Rolls, Ford T model in show room condition. If you know about it please share with us.

I wish to see on this forum the progress of your restoration and photos of your family collections.

Thanks & regards,

La Salle car you mentioned, I am seeing one La Salle car, since my childhood in Banjara Hills, first it was pink colour, then it was Yellow, now it is looks maroon. I don't know it is the same car or different. The car I had seen long time back, was belongs to relatives of Prabhat Talkies owners, they used to bring out on special occassions only, their relative kids were my childhood friend, we leave in the same building in Banajara Hills, Road #8, they also used to have bug Fiat.

I also heard that in Muffakam Jah's house (Chamlijah) situated on Banjara Hills Road No.1 has fabalous collection of cars in side his house. Some of
the cars were Rolls, Ford T model in show room condition. If you know about it please share with us.

Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 11th March 2008 at 23:08. Reason: Posts merged
Old 20th February 2008, 23:31   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
I will encourage two other friends, one being Ajit from Madras and Parwarish from Hyderabad to join us too.
Ajit, as I mentioned, is already here. We all would surely welcome any of your friends aboard!
Old 21st February 2008, 10:33   #22
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagepoint5 View Post
La Salle car you mentioned, I am seeing one La Salle car, since my childhood in Banjara Hills, first it was pink colour, then it was Yellow, now it is looks maroon. I don't know it is the same car or different. The car I had seen long time back, was belongs to relatives of Prabhat Talkies owners, they used to bring out on special occassions only, their relative kids were my childhood friend, we leave in the same building in Banajara Hills, Road #8, they also used to have bug Fiat.

Thanks!
The only LaSalle seen on roads for the past 45 years in Hyderabad is our family's LaSalle so most probably you are referring to the same car. Our LaSalle was a maroon body/black fender car originally. Subsequently the body was redone in silver grey/black fenders, and eventually back to maroon body/black fenders.

Prince Muffakham Jah only has a Austin Healey Sprite which he had imported for his use. It hasn't been used since the sixties, still with him at Chamlijah and requires a full restoration. Other than this he has some Land Rovers also in disuse, but that's it.
Old 11th March 2008, 23:15   #23
Team-BHP Support

Posts moved

DKG - Your car pictures have been moved and a new thread has been created in the Vintage & Classic Cars in India section.

DKG's Collection

Please limit this section to introduction threads. Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 11th March 2008 at 23:18.
Old 12th March 2008, 06:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Team-Bhp DKG(ji). Well i know you will have a pleasant stay here and also enlighten us all on Vintage section and others, Apart from the experiences, Its your way of arranging the words like a Literature scholar that has fascinated me and others in the forum.(now i envy you for the same and i would be delighted to know the secret of the same.)

Well the Intro is in the same signature style you hold kudos and three cheers to that! welcome to the party. Please do attend to meets i am just waiting to see the bikes and the classic cars you have. thanks and bye.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks