Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2008, 07:24   #16
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
yep I'm in Minneapolis ..
nope ..we haven't met
ya I know about "elite autosport" and "horse power parts" (HPP)
came across it while searching for Honda related stuff in minneapolis
Thats pretty cool, HPP went live late June of last year, but never publicized it on the local forums. It's mostly a Google search driven business. I'm happy people have found it.
Old 6th March 2008, 13:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey bro, welcome aboard. Hope you'll have a great experience here.
Would love to see the pics that you'll be posting soon.
Old 7th March 2008, 21:57   #18
BHPian

hey HPP ..Im new to Minneapolis just moved here 7-8 months ago..
just wanted to know where I could see the "tractor pull events" ...Im referring to the ones with those aeroplane twin turbines, 4 superchargers etc etc
New guy-tractor.jpg
New guy-twintrbine.jpg

What about the normal drag races.. is there anything around minneapols/St paul or is Brainerd the closest .. just wanted to watch.
Old 8th March 2008, 11:53   #19
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Hey bro, welcome aboard. Hope you'll have a great experience here.
Would love to see the pics that you'll be posting soon.
I'll try to get some pics together in about a week and a half(I'm going to be traveling until then).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
hey HPP ..Im new to Minneapolis just moved here 7-8 months ago..
just wanted to know where I could see the "tractor pull events" ...Im referring to the ones with those aeroplane twin turbines, 4 superchargers etc etc
Attachment 297
Attachment 298

What about the normal drag races.. is there anything around minneapols/St paul or is Brainerd the closest .. just wanted to watch.

The tractor pulls come through and are held inside the Metrodome(it's the downtown profesional Football and Baseball stadium). You'll end up seeing commercials on TV whenever they are coming. BTW, they are insanely loud, so be prepared.

There is Rock Falls(Eau Claire, Wisconsin) which is about an hour and a half east of the Twin Cities. There is Brainerd(MN) which is about 2.5 hours north of the Twin Cities. And Cedar Falls(Iowa) about 3.5 hours south of the Twin Cities.

Depending on what kind of cars you want to see, I'd suggest different days/events at the different drag strips. But if you want to see Import days, then you will want to go to Rock Falls for one of their "Import days".

Rock Falls Raceway

There are many enthusiast events that happen in town as well, and on Friday and Saturday there is cruising and a lot of nice cars at the "Midway". If you want more info, let me know. Otherwise I'd suggest signing up for Minnesota Sport Compacts Forums - Powered by vBulletin You'll get plenty of info on a small part of the local scene. There are about ten different forums for local car guys, but this one has a big mix of everyone. There is also a lot of street racing that goes on over the weekends as well.
Old 19th March 2008, 02:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
I'll try to get some pics together in about a week and a half(I'm going to be traveling until then).

The tractor pulls come through and are held inside the Metrodome(it's the downtown profesional Football and Baseball stadium). You'll end up seeing commercials on TV whenever they are coming. BTW, they are insanely loud, so be prepared.

There is Rock Falls(Eau Claire, Wisconsin) which is about an hour and a half east of the Twin Cities. There is Brainerd(MN) which is about 2.5 hours north of the Twin Cities. And Cedar Falls(Iowa) about 3.5 hours south of the Twin Cities.

Depending on what kind of cars you want to see, I'd suggest different days/events at the different drag strips. But if you want to see Import days, then you will want to go to Rock Falls for one of their "Import days".

Rock Falls Raceway

There are many enthusiast events that happen in town as well, and on Friday and Saturday there is cruising and a lot of nice cars at the "Midway". If you want more info, let me know. Otherwise I'd suggest signing up for Minnesota Sport Compacts Forums - Powered by vBulletin You'll get plenty of info on a small part of the local scene. There are about ten different forums for local car guys, but this one has a big mix of everyone. There is also a lot of street racing that goes on over the weekends as well.
Thanks a lot for the links and the detailed info on the local scene
I checked this thread after a long time.

Last edited by chetanhanda : 19th March 2008 at 02:55. Reason: ..typo etc
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks