Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2008, 11:30   #1
HPP
BHPian

New guy

Hey all,

I randomly found this site via a Google search and am happy to see such a community of car nuts in India. I live in Minneapolis, MN and I build horsepower for a living. My love for India and love for cars makes me happy this forum exists. I hope to join you all at some events in India in the future, until then, I'll be proud to become a part of this place.

Momin
Old 3rd March 2008, 12:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome To T-Bhp Momin.

Quote:
I build horsepower for a living.
It would be interesting if you could elaborate this
Old 3rd March 2008, 12:45   #3
HPP
BHPian

As with most of you you, I've been a car nut as long as I've been alive. After business school, I attended Wyoming Technical Institute for general mechanics and high performance training. After making the parents happy(schooling).. I started a speed shop in Minneapolis. It was(7 years ago, now there are others who followed suit..) the first full fledge shop with retail parts sales, full install facility, full fabrication shop, Dynojet dyno, etc.. All the bells and whistles.

Over the last 7 years, we have built the most reliable, and some of the highest HP cars in the state(and surrounding areas for that matter). Recently I have finished the 3 year R&D process of building my own turbo kit for the Acura NSX. The test mule made 584whp(horsepower to the wheels) on 13.5lbs of boost on pump gas(normal 92 octane from a gas station). With my car(NSX), I am shooting for over 1000whp and am hoping to have it finished in the next couple months.

We have built too many makes and models to list, but here are a few you guys may like. Supras twin turbos(converted to singles..), 300ZX twin turbo's, 350Z's, EVO's, STI's, Eclipse turbos, full on drag cars, full on race cars, Civics, 240sx's, and on an on. Basically everything we touch ends up with a turbo on it. I could keep going on, but I don't want to bore you all.

I have a lot of experience to share, and if I can be of any help to this community, I'd be happy to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Welcome To T-Bhp Momin.

It would be interesting if you could elaborate this
Old 3rd March 2008, 12:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thats some interesting experience you got there & I am sure lot of us here can benefit from your experience
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

thats great HPP. hats off for u. it will be a very nice experience for you on this forum. also we can share our experiences with you. we can also learn how indian cars can be done with better stuffs.
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:21   #6
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
thats great HPP. hats off for u. it will be a very nice experience for you on this forum. also we can share our experiences with you. we can also learn how indian cars can be done with better stuffs.
Thank you, and my pleasure. I'd be happy to help in any way that I can.
Old 3rd March 2008, 16:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nice intro HPP. Glad to have you on board. Your technical know could be of a lot of help to many members on the forum. Should see you more in the modifications forum

Welcome to Team BHP
Old 4th March 2008, 15:06   #8
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Thats a nice intro HPP. Glad to have you on board. Your technical know could be of a lot of help to many members on the forum. Should see you more in the modifications forum

Welcome to Team BHP
I will do my best to jump in on the technical discussions.
Old 4th March 2008, 18:08   #9
BHPian

wow, what a way to realise your passions, 584whp and you are pushing for another 500! man thats something unimaginable for us here-great going HPP, all the best and hope to hear more wonderful news from you.
Welcome aboard.
Old 4th March 2008, 18:18   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hi Momin, welcome to Team BHP & I'm sure you'll bring a wealth of technical knowledge to this forum. I've been seeing some of your posts already & must say that I find your knowledge levels quite impressive.

Enjoy your stay herecheers:
Old 4th March 2008, 22:36   #11
Team-BHP Support

Hi HPP,

Welcome aboard.

Its great to have a member on here with the technical knowledge and experience that you have.
There are a lot of good tuning discussions on here which could definitely use your viewpoint, and if your credibility is questioned, you could always point them to this thread!

cya around,
R
Old 4th March 2008, 22:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

Hello HPP! That's some nice work you're doing & I'm sure having a old hand at modifications (relatively speaking of course!) would do wonders for the level of discussion on our forum!

Can we have some pictures & details of the cars you think are your best works? (In another dedicated thread maybe??)
Old 4th March 2008, 23:31   #13
BHPian

Hey Momin ..welcome dude !!

Last edited by chetanhanda : 4th March 2008 at 23:50.
Old 5th March 2008, 02:25   #14
HPP
BHPian

Thank you all for the warm welcome. When I found this forum recently, I was instantly attracted, glad to be here.

chetanhanda, you're in Minneapolis? Do we know each other? Can't tell from the screen name. If you've heard of Elite Autosport in Minneapolis, that is my shop..

iraghava, thats a good idea, I'll try to dig up some good pictures and make a post. It may not be for a little while, but I'll make a post/thread about it at some point.

BTW, for those of you in Hyderabad, you may have seen a few of my relatives cars driving around with Elite Autosport stickers as well.
Old 5th March 2008, 07:57   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
Thank you all for the warm welcome. When I found this forum recently, I was instantly attracted, glad to be here.

chetanhanda, you're in Minneapolis? Do we know each other? Can't tell from the screen name. If you've heard of Elite Autosport in Minneapolis, that is my shop..
yep I'm in Minneapolis ..
nope ..we haven't met
ya I know about "elite autosport" and "horse power parts" (HPP)
came across it while searching for Honda related stuff in minneapolis
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks