Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2008, 05:27   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Men In Black!

How does MB's 4Matic system work? Is it all-time AWD? What's the torque split? What's the max torque % that goes to front or rear?

Seems like you've parked yourself in a lot full of domestics.
Yea! Black's my favorite. Except Acura TL which is silver all my cars are black. Merc's 4Matic is a permanent AWD system. The max torque that goes to the rear is 65% and the max to the front is 50%. This was told by my sales person when I bought the car. But remember the torque constantly changes to all the 4 tyres depending on the traction to each one of them. For example if one of the tyres get stuck or slips/Revs in snow, the torque to that particular wheel is 0% and the system tries to concentrate on the remaining tyres which have the road grip. This way your tyres dont get damaged and you have perfect balance and no slipping in snow or heavy rain. I haven't taken mine to off-road, so cant comment on off-road drive. I've driven my car for 2 winters on snow and I'm very much satisfied by its performance.

If you take BMW all wheel drive (xi) sedans, they have max torque to the rear wheels in ideal conditions, almost like a RWD car but again when it senses some slippery surfaces it automatically changes the torque depending on the sensors from ABS and traction contol system. I ordered a RWD BMW 335i this time. if the whether is bad I can always take out merc.
Nissan's infiniti AWD (US luxury series) sedans works like a RWD and automatically switched to all wheel drive like others.
You might know that typical SUV's have a switch which upon activated shifts into a 4 wheel drive. Whenever some car says AWD, then it means its an permanent All wheel drive system. 4WD is kinda manual switching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Seems like you've parked yourself in a lot full of domestics.
I live in a place where all veterans, oldies, retired people live mostly cops and firefighters. Its a safe place though esp when you love your cars like babies
Attached Thumbnails
Greetings from Vinay-img_0010.jpg  

Old 15th March 2008, 13:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum. You can head over to this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...eti-works.html and hear an interesting account on how your BMW is built. Sam has probably seen your car in production
Old 18th March 2008, 00:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Welcome to the forum. You can head over to this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...eti-works.html and hear an interesting account on how your BMW is built. Sam has probably seen your car in production
Yea... Hope so. The car is out of production and waiting for shipment, probably waiting for some ship to pick her up maybe asking for lift to cross over the ocean.

As I mentioned earlier about Swift ZXI for my dad. They are not in stock as of now and the dealers are discouraging to put in the order. I've no clue why! Instead everyone is asking us to go for VXI. Please guide me as my dad is running out of patience without a car for almost a month.

Also please guide me the best Audio system with bluetooth interface for Swift. Should I go for a single DIN or double DIN. I dont like SONY car electonics. I'm a fan of Alpine and Pioneer. Appreciate your feedback.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks