Team-BHP > Introduce yourself

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2008, 03:25   #1
BHPian

Greetings from Vinay

Hello to all team members and contributors,

This is Vinay, 31 from Philadelphia, USA. I feel great, looking at so many auto enthusiast in this site. Finally I feel I can share something personal with like minded people. One thing that calms me down since my childhood is a machine. I always wanted to be mechanical engineer but things went in a different way and I was forced to become a software engineer instead. I'm here in US from 2000 and yes I was watching the towers when they collapsed, that being the most horrible incident till date.

Anyway the first car I had here was a Nissan Maxima in 2002 (3L, 6 Cyl, 227 HP, 20th anniversay edtion/black/ FWD). I drove it for 4 yrs and bought a Mercedes E 350 4Matic (3.5L, 6 Cyl, 268 hp, All wheel drive) in 2006. I got married in 2006 and bought a Acura TL (3.2L, 6 Cyl, 270 hp, FWD) in 2007 for my wife. Last friday I've ordered a 2008 BMW 335i and its under production in Germany. The good thing about the custom order is that you can track the progress of the production online. I came to know yesterday that the paint job is done and the car went into production/assembly. Its a great feeling that your car is actually being built for you. Though the engine is same but you can custom order your car with interior/exterior features you want.

I test drove 328i (3L, 230 hp, RWD) and 335i (3L, 300 hp, Twin turbo, RWD). I decided to go with 335i for its twin turbo engine. I might get the delivery by 2nd week of April.

Coming to car in India, my parents bought a Indigo LXI TDI in 2005 and were not quite happy with it bcos of the traffic problems and "hard to drive in city" factor. I drove this car during myrip to India and I found it very difficult to drive in traffic bcos the car wont pull in second gear if I face a speed breaker or slow down. We sold the Indigo this Jan during my trip to India. My dad wants a hatchback and I recommended them a Swift ZXI for its safety features and ease to drive in city traffic ( read reviews online). I would appreciate input on this, from our valuable team members.

I'll post my car pictures once I figure out how to do that.

Thanks in advance!
Old 14th March 2008, 05:05   #2
Team-BHP Support

3 years?

That's a nice list of cars you've experienced.

Welcome and enjoy your stay.
Do go through the posting rules in the Announcements section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT
I've ordered a 2008 BMW 335i
You won't regret it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT
I recommended them a Swift ZXI
Won't regret that either.
Old 14th March 2008, 05:18   #3
BHPian

Hi Vinay, welcome and umm ermmm Good Morning LOL! An intro was finally due after 3 years!
Old 14th March 2008, 06:59   #4
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Greetings Fellow native of the hood ! Nice cars; I personally love the TL not to mention the bimmer. Do you live in the city or suburbs ?
Old 14th March 2008, 10:44   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Greetings Fellow native of the hood ! Nice cars; I personally love the TL not to mention the bimmer. Do you live in the city or suburbs ?
I live near Bensalem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
Hi Vinay, welcome and umm ermmm Good Morning LOL! An intro was finally due after 3 years!
Will take the blame Was busy with my career, now I can take out some time myself.

Thanks for a warm welcome. Will post my Merc and TL pictures tomorrow.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th March 2008 at 20:25. Reason: Posts merged. Please use multi-quote.
Old 14th March 2008, 21:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard,Vinay.
Nice list of cars that you've had. Nothing to beat the new entry though!
A friend of mine got the 328i last week,and boy..its quite a machine!

Take care & drive safe..
Old 14th March 2008, 21:43   #7
BHPian

Thanks Nitin,

I ordered a Metallic black with black leather interior along with other usual stuff. I cant wait to get behind the wheels. Will post the pictures online once I get the delivery. I guess I dont have the privilege of posting multiple snaps online at this point.
Also I was looking at Skoda Fabia in India for my parents along with Swift ZXI. I dont want to go for Diesel since my father doesnt drive much.
Old 14th March 2008, 22:00   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Welcome aboard,Vinay.
Nice list of cars that you've had. Nothing to beat the new entry though!
A friend of mine got the 328i last week,and boy..its quite a machine!

Take care & drive safe..
yea... when I test drove 328i first it was great in the DS mode. But after I drove 335i, nothing like it. I didnt feel that Turbo lag which usually kicks in above 15-20 mph in other cars like Audi A4. The twin turbo is great and also the roaring sound which of-course is less than Infiniti's though.
Old 14th March 2008, 22:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the Forum, Vinay. Great choice of wheels there - in true petrolhead tradition.
Old 14th March 2008, 23:09   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Welcome to the Forum, Vinay. Great choice of wheels there - in true petrolhead tradition.
Thanks Steeriod

I've been asked by my BMW salesperson to come in for a 2008 BMW M3 test drive this week. The M3's are not be displayed in the showrooms officially in US yet but can be given for test drives to existing owners if needed. I'm gonna post the feedback and also the link to the pictures once I've driven it. There are major changes to the engine this year, a V8 compared to the old V6, 4L, 414 HP. I need input on the new M3's torque of 295 lb/ft at 3900 rpm.
I was comparing this with Audi S4 and the new Audi S5 and also the Mercedes C55 AMG. But somehow the name M3 always makes my rpm go faster
Old 15th March 2008, 00:09   #11
BHPian

New York auto show in 2007

Sorry for posting this late but I wanted to share this exciting moment with the team members. Snaps were taken last year by new Nikon digital SLR gifted by my better half.

Picasa Web Albums - Vinay - NY internatio...
Old 15th March 2008, 00:21   #12
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics,Vinay..
I'd like to go test drive the M3 as well. 414 BHP! That sounds like a lot of fun!
Old 15th March 2008, 02:58   #13
BHPian

Merc E350 AWD

This is my 2006 Merc E350 All wheel drive. Please let me know your inputs
Attached Thumbnails
Greetings from Vinay-img_0004.jpg  

Greetings from Vinay-img_0011.jpg  

Greetings from Vinay-img_0013.jpg  

Greetings from Vinay-img_0017.jpg  

Greetings from Vinay-img_0023.jpg  

Old 15th March 2008, 03:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

Men In Black!

How does MB's 4Matic system work? Is it all-time AWD? What's the torque split? What's the max torque % that goes to front or rear?

Seems like you've parked yourself in a lot full of domestics.
Old 15th March 2008, 03:45   #15
BHPian

Those are cool set of wheels you've got there. Nice color.

But i really cant wait to see your beamer
Closed Thread

Most Viewed