Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2008, 17:57   #1

Here comes TheBrother® ^^

Hey guys and girls,

my name is Thomas, I am 19 years old and live in Germany in a small town called Bad Nauheim. I still have one more year of school left and after that I hope to become a pilot for Lufthansa. I am TheBrother® of TheOne® which explains how I have heard about team-bhp. It is time for me to check what my little sister (I really am a bit taller) and her boyfriend are up to, so I can spread rumors about them throughout the family. Just kidding Jenny ^^
I have already seen a lot of interessting things here and probably will have a great time in the future posting with you guys.

Not to long before I got my drivers license almost 2 years ago, I bought myself a 1999 Opel Astra G 1.6 16V with 101hp. I had great plans with this car but simply not enough Vitamin M. I do not have enough knowledge of engines to do anything myself concerning the power of my car and the big sound system I have planned will have to wait until next year (have a few other plans with my money for this year). So up 'til now my car is pretty much standard except for the new radio (JVC KD G821), the starlight roof (don't know if you actually call it this in english), blue lit vents and the door handles and middle console are spray painted in silver (the car is silver). I do not know if I will do much more to this car, since I am thinking about buying me a 2000 (or higher) Mazda MX-5. I love convertibles and I would really like to have something a little lighter, faster, cooler with better handling. But it depends on how much I'll get for my Opel and how much Vitamin M I can get on the side.

I will most likely go into further detail in other threads in the future. Should you have any questions concerning me, my car, or my sister (^^) just go ahead and ask!!!

C ya soon,

TheBrother®

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th April 2008 at 18:25. Reason: only two smilies per post allowed :)
Old 16th April 2008, 18:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the Forum. As you can probably tell Sam is a VERY POPULAR guy here on Team BHP. I have personally had little interaction with him on a personal level. But read most of his travelouges & ENJOY them thoroughly.

It's nice to see the recent one, when Jenny was/is here with him.

Welcome aboard & have a great time

Cheers
Old 16th April 2008, 18:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP Thomas

Please read the board rules & have a blast.

Please post some pics of your ride I think it is different from the Astra that was sold here a few years back.
Old 16th April 2008, 18:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Aboard Thomas - Your sister and Sam are currently this sites most popular people.

Nice Intro there, Enjoy the site. Cheers !!
Old 16th April 2008, 18:42   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrother® View Post
I do not have enough knowledge of engines to do anything myself concerning the power of my car
Ah perfect to be Sam's to be b-i-l.

Quote:
and the big sound system I have planned will have to wait until next year (have a few other plans with my money for this year). So up 'til now my car is pretty much standard except for the new radio (JVC KD G821),
Not fair! Sam's b-i-l and no audio boom boom in your car? LOL

Welcome to the forum. Have a pleasant stay here.
Old 16th April 2008, 19:04   #6
Team-BHP Support

Welcome Thomas, this indeed is a pleasant surprise. Ask Sam to ship you some "JBL thumba danger speakers" for your car

Enjoy your stay!
Old 16th April 2008, 19:16   #7
BHPian

Welcome to team-bhp TheBrother®. Nice intro there. So like The Yeti® and The One® we can expect some real long and interesting posts here from your side too. Have fun!!
Old 16th April 2008, 19:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

Welcome onboard TheBrother®

Enjoy the forum and everybody loves pics here,so keep posting them about your ride and anything else.
Old 16th April 2008, 19:19   #9
BHPian

Quote:
It is time for me to check what my little sister (I really am a bit taller) and her boyfriend are up to, so I can spread rumors about them throughout the family. Just kidding Jenny
Oh God, what have I got myself into by telling you about this forum? lol.

Quote:
I have already seen a lot of interessting things here and probably will have a great time in the future posting with you guys.
Welcome brother! I am sure you will be able to learn a lot from the guys on the forum. And I am convinced that you will get some valuable insights and qualified opinions on the many changes you constantly plan on your car.

And last, you will find many like-minded people here and hence, lots of interesting discussions!

Quote:
So up 'til now my car is pretty much standard except for the new radio (JVC KD G821), the starlight roof (don't know if you actually call it this in english), blue lit vents and the door handles and middle console are spray painted in silver (the car is silver).
For the record: that starlight roof, his pride, is a masterpiece done by himself. Though I myself find it a bit embarrassing when you are out in public, open the door and PLING - everyone stares at you!

Quote:
Should you have any questions concerning me, my car, or my sister (^^) just go ahead and ask!!!
Arrey, your sister? What is that supposed to mean?

Please all officially note that this is just a joke!

Thomas, you may be taller than me by now but my boyfriend is even taller than you so you better watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Ah perfect to be Sam's to be b-i-l.
Let me explain to Thomas: they are teasing because Sam himself has not the best knowledge of all of that hahaha.
Old 16th April 2008, 19:33   #10
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP. Hope you enjoy yourself here.

BTW, i cant wait to hear more about your starlight roof. cheers:
Old 16th April 2008, 20:05   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome Thomas! As I told you, you will find many people here who love cars as much as you do (and gaming too)
Since you enjoy blinging up your car, I cannot think of a better place to share this information with.
It would also be interesting (for the rest of these car lovers, don't look at me) to get a knowledgeable insight into the German car scene.

It may interest everyone to know that the German language does not permit a soft "Th" sound (like the word "thud") hence Thomas' name is not the typical English pronunciation, rather it is pronounced as Tomas.

Quote:
It is time for me to check what my little sister and her boyfriend are up to
Hey she's your older sister isn't she? If she's younger than 19, I need to know. Ah you mean height? Well, she's a tall one herself, heh heh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
Arrey, your sister? What is that supposed to mean?
Jenny how is this young man supposed to know what Arrey means? He hasn't been indianized yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Welcome Thomas, this indeed is a pleasant surprise. Ask Sam to ship you some "JBL thumba danger speakers" for your car
Umm.. aren't you forgetting that his sister works for the same company?

Quote:
the starlight roof (don't know if you actually call it this in english), blue lit vents
Quote:
For the record: that starlight roof, his pride, is a masterpiece done by himself. Though I myself find it a bit embarrassing when you are out in public, open the door and PLING - everyone stares at you
Actually I went for a small ride in Thomas' car and I distinctly remember the blue light coming out of the vents.
I cannot remember the Starlight roof though (I'm not sure what this means, does it mean small lights in the roof like stars?) - this proves that either I know nothing of cars, or that my eyes were only focussed on TheOne® who was in the back seat with me

Welcome once again, I have a feeling you will make many friends here. If you need any help or assistance, you know where to look. Enjoy!

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 16th April 2008 at 20:08.
Old 16th April 2008, 20:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful intro Thomas, welcome to the forum!! Now how about some pictures of your car & the 'masterpiece'??
And don't worry about the sound system, I'm sure you'll get some nice orange coloured speakers on your next birthday so you don't spread any rumors in the family!!

Sam - Aaila!! Tera saala bhi aa gaya!! Ab bas Shikari Sasur ki kami hai!!!!

Last edited by iraghava : 16th April 2008 at 20:07.
Old 16th April 2008, 20:25   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Jenny how is this young man supposed to know what Arrey means? He hasn't been indianized yet!
Okay okay. Thomas, it is a universally valid expression for an "Wie bitte? Hallo? Wie meinen? Excuse me? ...." It is used to express your amusement, shock, anger, interest etc. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Umm.. aren't you forgetting that his sister works for the same company?
Aren't you forgetting that I don't get the products for free myself? Otherwise my brother and I would be sitting in the world's best equipped JBL cars hahaha. Not to forget Infinity and harman/kardon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Translation for TheOne® and TheBrother® please!
Old 16th April 2008, 20:28   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Quote:
Translation for TheOne® and TheBrother® please!
I am not even sure how to translate aaila. It is an amusing expletive. Not comparable to the fabulous Arrey.

Tera saala bhi aa gaya - even your bil is here.
Ab bass Shikari sasur ki kami - Now all we need is the Hunter fil. lol
Old 16th April 2008, 20:45   #15
BHPian

Welcome aboard Thomas, pleasure having more of TheFamily on board. Enjoy your stay here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks