Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2009, 23:48   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Welcome onboard dear.

So how do you rate your Indica Vista vis a vis to Swift VDI as I have to purchase one of the two. Third choice being Logan Diesel
Sam, I feel you should go for the Vista. I have a first hand experience of Swift too, but I feel a car should be adjudged also by "non-engine factors" like looks, interior space etc. I feel in terms of space Vista would win hands down over Swift, especially in the rear seating. I am a tall guy and move the driver's seat quite backwards to provide for leg space while driving - howver the leg room offered in the rear is amazing. Also, the Vista has a very different look from all the cars in the hatchback segment. I have driven around 3000 km in my Vista and its absolutely trouble free. My dealer Lexus Motors has given good post-sales service(so much for "poor' after sales service by the Tatas)- After servicing/visit to the workshop I get calls from Tata Motors on the feedback of the service I have received. Its strange that I don't see many Vistas on Calcutta roads but its more due to the Maruti affection that the eastern part of the country has. I don't bother about the 5 sec diff in clocking 0-100 kmph - its purely incidental & subjective, does anybody mind or notice this 'huge' time gap in the very few occcassions they have to reach 100kmph during daily driving- atleast I don't!!

Set aside Swift- buy a Vista and do something different!!

Cheers,
Anustup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Welcome ji.

Please start a new thread on the ownership experience along with some pics. We are waiting.............

Thanks! Would send pics as soon as I break my lazy bones and manage to click my camera

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th April 2009 at 13:22. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 25th April 2009, 19:03   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anustup_vista View Post
the Vista has a very different look from all the cars in the hatchback segment.
Am not sure abt this

It looks so much like the old Indica in terms of design.

It wasnt anyways a revolutionary design but an evolutionary one and thats why its not setting the sales chart on fire.

Also,I agree to take "non-engine factors" into consideration but then apart from space,I dont think the Vista is ahead.Swift ahead in terms of handling,FE(one of the most imp),refinement,transmission,A.S.S.

So to be honest,buy a Vista only if you feel the Swift is cramped
Old 25th April 2009, 20:52   #18
BHPian

Come on. Lets not fight. Not at least here in this section.
Old 25th April 2009, 21:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Hi,
A rating has already been done in this thread also (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...t-ddis-16.html) with absolutely correct counter arguments put forth by other members. Just like in the other thread, please refrain from being biased in your opinion.

Biased? And if you may see the recent posts in the thread you are talking about, majority of the votes and posts for Vista are from Vista owners or owners of Indigo/Indica. Now, will you call that biased as well?

By the way, Swift has won truck loads of national and international awards. What about the Vista? Just one national award by BSM.
So? Are the auto critics world wide are 'biased' as well?

Not that Vista is not a capable car, its rather the best we have seen from TATA till date and is a very good vehicle, and for some it may be a better buy because of that passenger space but keeping the overall things in mind, swift D still makes more sense.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 25th April 2009 at 21:43.
Old 25th April 2009, 22:59   #20
BHPian

Gentlemen, this is the 'introduce yourself' section. Why don't we stick to giving Anustup a warm welcome and keep the debates to the relevant threads.
Anustup, welcome to TBHP and do put up some pics of your car.
Old 26th April 2009, 15:06   #21
BHPian

[quote=anustup_vista;1275750] I don't bother about the 5 sec diff in clocking 0-100 kmph - its purely incidental & subjective, does anybody mind or notice this 'huge' time gap in the very few occcassions they have to reach 100kmph during daily driving- atleast I don't!!QUOTE]

anustup welcome to teambhp
what 5 sec difference are you talking about. i thought swift d and vista d have the same engine and gearbox and both have a 0-100 timing of 15-16 secs
Old 27th April 2009, 11:03   #22
BHPian

[quote=dockap;1277155]
Quote:
what 5 sec difference are you talking about. i thought swift d and vista d have the same engine and gearbox and both have a 0-100 timing of 15-16 secs
Dockap - Swift D is around 4 secs faster than the Vista Quad both having the same engine.Maruti is so much better in getting out more from the same engine

Swift does 0-100 in around 13 secs,Vista takes around 17.And thats where Maruti always

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
Biased? And if you may see the recent posts in the thread you are talking about, majority of the votes and posts for Vista are from Vista owners or owners of Indigo/Indica. Now, will you call that biased as well?

By the way, Swift has won truck loads of national and international awards. What about the Vista? Just one national award by BSM.
So? Are the auto critics world wide are 'biased' as well?

Not that Vista is not a capable car, its rather the best we have seen from TATA till date and is a very good vehicle, and for some it may be a better buy because of that passenger space but keeping the overall things in mind, swift D still makes more sense.

Regards.
Couldnt have put it better

Welcome Anustup to team-bhp and I hope you dont mind the friendly banter.
Old 27th April 2009, 11:25   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Dockap - Swift D is around 4 secs faster than the Vista Quad both having the same engine.Maruti is so much better in getting out more from the same engine

Swift does 0-100 in around 13 secs,Vista takes around 17.And thats where Maruti always
actually the difference is much less. in 0-100 timing, the swift does it in 13.87, vista in 16.36. I see you have been taking liberties while rounding out the figures in favour of the swift. the actual difference comes to less than 2.5 seconds.

In addition, the vista beats the swift in 20-80 acceleration and has a comparable 40-100 timing - all this while having a bigger gross weight due to a bigger cabin with more space, and better sheet metal , not the tinfoil which caves in when a football falls on it or you try to sit on it
Old 27th April 2009, 11:41   #24
BHPian

as far as i can remember from the reviews the difference was around 1 sec between the 2 cars
i did a search and this is what i found
swift diesel mjd 0-100 timings is 13.8 secs
indica vista qjd 0-100 timings is 14.8 secs
where are you guys getting the timings from
Old 27th April 2009, 12:12   #25
Senior - BHPian

my numbers are from the ACI reviews
Old 29th April 2009, 23:23   #26

This timing differences are what the 'gurus' tell us while favouring swift vis a vis vista
[quote=dockap;1277155]
Quote:
I don't bother about the 5 sec diff in clocking 0-100 kmph - its purely incidental & subjective, does anybody mind or notice this 'huge' time gap in the very few occcassions they have to reach 100kmph during daily driving- atleast I don't!!QUOTE]

anustup welcome to teambhp
Old 30th April 2009, 00:43   #27
BHPian

When I read the title of the thread, for a moment I thought you meant Windows Vista....thank God!
Old 30th April 2009, 22:06   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
actually the difference is much less. in 0-100 timing, the swift does it in 13.87, vista in 16.36. I see you have been taking liberties while rounding out the figures in favour of the swift. the actual difference comes to less than 2.5 seconds.

In addition, the vista beats the swift in 20-80 acceleration and has a comparable 40-100 timing - all this while having a bigger gross weight due to a bigger cabin with more space, and better sheet metal , not the tinfoil which caves in when a football falls on it or you try to sit on it
I agree 100% about the cabin's sheer strength and all that extra metal which is sheer briliiant, i daresay the outside of Swift is nowhere near the sturdiness of Vista..
Last day an idiot riding a Zen rammed into my vista which was parked side-on-side. i was almost sure my backdoor was shredded(according to my experience with my earlier WagonR), but then to my surprise, that guy pulled in to the side and stopped his car. that's when he realised that his front doors got crushed and jammed. And there stood my vista, with a shred of paint from his zen, absolutely not another scratch. sheer brilliance.
Old 1st May 2009, 00:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodHound View Post
I agree 100% about the cabin's sheer strength and all that extra metal which is sheer briliiant, i daresay the outside of Swift is nowhere near the sturdiness of Vista..
Last day an idiot riding a Zen rammed into my vista which was parked side-on-side. i was almost sure my backdoor was shredded(according to my experience with my earlier WagonR), but then to my surprise, that guy pulled in to the side and stopped his car. that's when he realised that his front doors got crushed and jammed. And there stood my vista, with a shred of paint from his zen, absolutely not another scratch. sheer brilliance.
Yes, vista does seems sturdy but its surely not as bulletproof as you are trying to portray it to be. Maybe the pics of your vista and also the zen may prove your point, but until then I will take it with a huge pinch of salt. No offense, just my views which may or may not be correct.

Regards.
Old 1st May 2009, 09:43   #30

I too own an Aura, Gala Red Tdi. Vista is neighbour's envy, owner's pride - blast the rest, lets he select brand of vista lovers enjoy what this hatchback offers in terms of its unique looks, space & performance!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodHound View Post
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks