Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2009, 11:19   #1

Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,

I apologize for a late introduction. I have been following Team BHP from a very long time but my previous User ID had some problem so I was asked by support team to create a new one. So here I am again as Sampai.. Sampai is a Japanese term denoting to Elder Brother.. That is how we address each other in our Dojo{Club}.

I'm basically from Kolkata, Born and raised here. Spent some 3-4 yrs in UK where I used to drive a Ford Cosworth and then a Toyota Supra 3.0. The Indian cars that I have driven are Sumo{Proud owner of the First Sumo with S*** load of problems} sold it, then a all indian workhorse AMBY(Sold) now I have a Maruti 800,Zen Estilo and a Sonata Gold. Take my 800 around everyday as it's my daily commute. Take the sonata out for weekend drives.

My knowledge about cars is ain't much. I'm more of a foodie in that comparison. Will eat anything that's on a plate. I have gone through the posts and gained some knowledge and can talk about cars with my brother who owns a Garage in New york, and I can say more than the wheels turn round and round and round..

BTW my real name is Anish Bagchi

Hope to gain a lot information here at Team BHP..
Old 2nd May 2009, 15:04   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Sampai and welcome to Team-BHP.

If my last name was Pai, I'd be Sam Pai too! *Beep Beep - bad joke alert*

Welcome once again. Tell us more about your Dojo. Do you practice any Martial arts? In this case you will find an interesting companion in our very own Samurai - a senior member and moderator here.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 2nd May 2009 at 15:06.
Old 2nd May 2009, 15:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the forum Sampai.

Our interest in automobiles and martial arts is common.
Which dojo do you belong to?
Im a member of the YKKF (Yudansha Kobijitsu Karate-doh) Federation, India and INHA (India National Hapkido Association).

Kindly browze through the board rules to enable you to get familiar with the forum and some of its rules and regulations.

Have fun, happy revving!!
Old 4th May 2009, 11:28   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Hello Sampai and welcome to Team-BHP.

If my last name was Pai, I'd be Sam Pai too! *Beep Beep - bad joke alert*

Welcome once again. Tell us more about your Dojo. Do you practice any Martial arts? In this case you will find an interesting companion in our very own Samurai - a senior member and moderator here.

Hi Sam,

I do practice when I get time, equally passionate about Martial Arts.Karate to be more specific. Full contact by the way. If you know what I mean.
Old 4th May 2009, 12:06   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Welcome to the forum Sampai.

Our interest in automobiles and martial arts is common.
Which dojo do you belong to?
Im a member of the YKKF (Yudansha Kobijitsu Karate-doh) Federation, India and INHA (India National Hapkido Association).

Kindly browze through the board rules to enable you to get familiar with the forum and some of its rules and regulations.

Have fun, happy revving!!
I am affiliated to IKO. You may say from the line of Mas Oyama Kyokushin Karate. Was honored to be a part of Uchideshi training.
Our Organization's name is MOKA (Mas Oyama Karate Association and research center) Firm beliver of "Kyokushin for life" principles. Osu....

An honour to be welcomed by a Hapkido member. I have a lot of respect for Akido, Hapkido, Ninjitsu and Samurai.. I have tried Muyai Thai and Judo however the Kyokushin connects to my soul.. Can't really beat a full contact sport..

Had participated in the 2nd Rengokai World Tournament at Okinawa 2008, you can have a look at the link. I always felt that I should have won that fight, but there are too many permutation and combinations to it so let's leave it to that ..

As far as Team BHP is concerned, the amount of info that you can get about cars is really something else.

Glad to be a part of it.

Thanks once again V16.
Old 4th May 2009, 12:47   #6
BHPian

Hi Sampai welcome to Team-BHP. You will have a great time here!!
Old 4th May 2009, 15:49   #7
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to Team-BHP Sampai. When I saw a handle named Sampai, I obviously had to click on this thread.

Honoured make your acquaintance, a Uchideshi, a participant in World Tournament, that's very impressive. Have you taken a shot at K-1?

I have dabbled in many martial arts styles, since I kept moving between countries frequently, I could never settle into any one of them. I studied Mas Oyama Kyokushin Karate under Rakum Sensei in early 90s, and recently under his student Raclo Sensei. In the 90s, I also studied Aikido under Sensei Rick Stickles in New Jersey, also got some bokken training through that.

However, my main interest is in weapons and self defence than competition martial arts, mainly Nunchaku, Bokken and stick. I even studied Silambam stick fencing until my master moved away into Tamil Nadu. Now I have moved to a small town, so the regular training has stopped. As you know one has to be very selective in picking a Dojo. These days I don't get any training partners.

Last edited by Samurai : 4th May 2009 at 15:52.
Old 4th May 2009, 17:01   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Welcome to Team-BHP Sampai. When I saw a handle named Sampai, I obviously had to click on this thread.

Honoured make your acquaintance, a Uchideshi, a participant in World Tournament, that's very impressive. Have you taken a shot at K-1?

I have dabbled in many martial arts styles, since I kept moving between countries frequently, I could never settle into any one of them. I studied Mas Oyama Kyokushin Karate under Rakum Sensei in early 90s, and recently under his student Raclo Sensei. In the 90s, I also studied Aikido under Sensei Rick Stickles in New Jersey, also got some bokken training through that.

However, my main interest is in weapons and self defence than competition martial arts, mainly Nunchaku, Bokken and stick. I even studied Silambam stick fencing until my master moved away into Tamil Nadu. Now I have moved to a small town, so the regular training has stopped. As you know one has to be very selective in picking a Dojo. These days I don't get any training partners.

If you are ever in Kolkata. Do Meet up. We can have a small warm up session.
I love Nanchaks and Bokken too, however nothing beats the "art of empty hand" I have a small Dojo mainly personal invites and nothing below Shodan (Had bad experience inviting Novice).

Right now I'm learning how to get my hands dirty. Trying some Cold intake Air Mod Jobs and K&N Filter Assembly in my Sonata Gold. Hope it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Girl View Post
Hi Sampai welcome to Team-BHP. You will have a great time here!!

Thanks T_Girl :-). I have been following Team-BHP for a long time just created the new Handle for myself recently. Already getting to know a lot about team BHP. It's more than just a Car enthusiast's forum. It's like a family, great to find people half way across the globe sharing common passion. Just amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

K-1 ??
Nice one. Though I would say Best Place in the world for Kata Tensho. :-D

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th May 2009 at 20:11. Reason: Oops, 4 smileys after merge. 2 removed.
Old 4th May 2009, 18:58   #9
BHPian

welcome to the community. another interesting one joins the club. amazing how a common passion brings a wide diaspora together.
Old 4th May 2009, 23:23   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
welcome to the community. another interesting one joins the club. amazing how a common passion brings a wide diaspora together.
"Interesting One" ??? geee Thanks. pranav what can I say, thanks for your compliment.
Old 5th May 2009, 00:48   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampai View Post
If you are ever in Kolkata. Do Meet up. We can have a small warm up session.
I love Nanchaks and Bokken too, however nothing beats the "art of empty hand" I have a small Dojo mainly personal invites and nothing below Shodan.
I am not even in the neighbourhood of being close to a Shodan. Besides, I haven't been in a Kyukushin dojo in 3 years, I have forgotten every Kata by now.

But my Silambam guru (who is much younger than me) taught me some basics of interesting stuff like Pidi varase, also known as Varmakalai which I practice to keep in touch. I probably know 1% of this ancient art.
Old 5th May 2009, 03:54   #12
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard,Sir!

Good to see someone so passionate about martial arts. I used to train in Shotokan, and then got into a bit of Mixed martial arts. Been ages since I had a go at it, though.

Enjoy your time on TBHP!
Old 5th May 2009, 04:08   #13
Senior - BHPian

hey welcome aboard sampei.isnt it supposed to be spelt as sempei. i always thought it was.(and still do)

what style of karate do you practice ?
Old 5th May 2009, 11:56   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
hey welcome aboard sampei.isnt it supposed to be spelt as sempei. i always thought it was.(and still do)

what style of karate do you practice ?
I'm from Kolkata, also a Bengali.. So we have a Dialect influence.. Frankly it's Japanese so whatever way you say it in Indian it won't be even close to how it's actually pronounced.
Old 5th May 2009, 16:46   #15
BHPian

Welcome to Team-BHP, you are at the right place. Have a good time!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks