Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 18:31   #1

Hi - long awaited introduction

I came across Team-BHP quite accidently a couple of months back when doing some research for a proposed road trip with my family. Since then I have been a regular reader of various posts and threads. I did register as a member and I thank the moderators for accepting me into the fold, but most of my reading (which I must say has been very very valuable) on Team BHP has been without actually logging in as a member. Hence, I guess I certainly owe an apology for failing to introduce myself during the last couple of months during which time I have been immensely benefitted from my fellow Team BHPians.

My name is Preetam and I am from Bangalore. I am a proud owner of a WagonR Lxi which I bought during October 2005, which to this day has been a real asset for me. Despite my ignorance of the technicalities involved in maintaining my baby, I must say that I have been quite adept at keeping her in ship shape and that I have not had a single major repair or maintenance issue till date (apart from flat tyres). As on date I have logged about 51,000 kms, of which most has been on city roads with a few outstation trips (max of upto about 500 kms).

My first tryst with Team BHP was when my wife and I started to plan a trip from Bangalore to Ooty and K.Gudi and then back which is scheduled for the third week of September 2009. I must thank my fellow Team BHPians for the precise and informative advise which they posted on the travelogue. The information has helped me with scheduling, booking of accommodation and various other the aspects which I need to consider for my travel which, in all likelihood will be my longest (accurately planned and pleasurable) road trip till date with my family.

Given that I have just about a month before I start travel, I have also been looking for tips on the things that I would need to consider in preparing my car for the trip. I will dwell on this separately in the relevant forum. My purpose of this post is merely to thank each one of you, who have been so helpful in providing the necessary expertise and information in helping this nervous wreck prepare for what I hope to be a joyful road trip with my family. THANK YOU.

P.S.: Subject to the Moderator’s approval, I will post my follow up notes (in the respective forum) on my preparation for my travel and my experiences.

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th August 2009 at 18:41. Reason: Please donot use external font editors, removing [Font] tags. thanks
Old 20th August 2009, 10:17   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard Sojourner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
Given that I have just about a month before I start travel, I have also been looking for tips on the things that I would need to consider in preparing my car for the trip.
Samurai's outstanding article would be a great place to start.

Do take a quick pitstop by our forum rules section, we'd appreciate that.
Old 20th August 2009, 17:40   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Welcome aboard Sojourner!

Samurai's outstanding article would be a great place to start.
Thanks. I am certainly going to add the points into my checklist.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th August 2009 at 18:09. Reason: Quote fixed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks