Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2009, 20:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

welcome panicslayer.Hope you have good times here.I would like to know about the Indegenous Bikes available there.I read about 2 stroke bikes still made there? Do you have Indian Products available there?I read about Indian Cosmetics ,Soaps etc are available there :?:

Last edited by deepclutch : 30th August 2009 at 20:18.
Old 30th August 2009, 21:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Do you have Skodas there? How is the service? We could use some help from our brothers across the border to teach Skoda a lesson
Old 31st August 2009, 06:25   #18
TCX
BHPian

Welcome aboard buddy. Have a fun stay.
Old 31st August 2009, 09:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

i think the tax structure there makes cars much cheaper!!
anyways welcome to the forum
Old 31st August 2009, 10:32   #20
BHPian

Welcome onboard panicslayer!! Please share with us the insight of the automotive industry in Pak.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:41   #21
BHPian

Welcome aboard my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
i think the tax structure there makes cars much cheaper!!
anyways welcome to the forum
I think its the other way round, a M800 cost there around +3 Lakhs.
Old 31st August 2009, 16:36   #22
Team-BHP Support

Welcome aboard panicslayer,

You could mention the name of the website once within your intro thread (and can also put a link to it in your profile as well if you wish).

Is it pakwheels?

We have quite a few other members from pakistan as well -- though mostly concentrating on the 4x4 and vintage sections.

Here are a few existing threads about cars spotted in pakistan :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...-pakistan.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...uper-cars.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-pakistan.html

For those who have asked questions about it - there are some existing discussions of the different tax stuctures between india and pakistan etc in terms of buying cars etc.

cya around,
R
Old 31st August 2009, 17:17   #23

Thank you brothers i will try to answer all of you one by one

@MileCruncher Unfortunately we are far behind from india in this. The only quality home made stuff we produce here is tractors, trucks and rickshaws Although all honda suzuki toyota are locally ASSEMBELED but not manufactured. We had "Adam Revo" few year back but that's a sure flop

@deky HAHAHA. Sure dude. I'd rather PM u for that

@shankar.balan Im not so much in 4x4 thing but we do arrange offroading and mud bashing events quite regularly. Next time ill surely post the pics here so that you may have an idea. I join them just for fun and trust me, it's real fun. And ill give u price idea alternately. Petrol is rather more popular these days in sedans and diesel offcourse for SUV's who like offroading etc. People prefer to drive Corolla and Honda mostly here. Honda city 1.3 i-Vtec/I.DSi, Toyota corolla GLi 1.3, Honda Civic 1.8 are mostly seen on the roads with the people like us. But now due to high new cars prices, people are prefering previous shape corolla (same as india) and previous shape civic/city (same as india).

@sam_boy people are literally getting cray about NONO. We are eagerly waitin 4 this 2 reach but here it won't be 1lac rupee car, it wud be something close to 3.5lacs

@deepclutch Bikes are really crap here. Same old shape is still in production. 2 stroke no longer exists but 4 stroke are even not that good. We always praise indian bike model and wish to get them here. Yup you are rite, indian cosmetics, soaps, creams are quite a running item here but not other products than these

@pranavt Unfortunately we are so much stuck here in teaching lessons to either corolla or the civic/city owners that we don't have time or brain to import some good vehicle rather than fighting on shopping carts we have here :(

@vinaydas car are not cheaper here. Infact are quite expensive. Especially our present govt has not leave any chance to kill everybody hungry

@Rehaan Thanks for mentioning the links, i am going through them and yes you got it right, Im talking about Pakwheels.com

So guys ill hopefully share few pics with you guys tonight as Im off for now, going to have a gr8 Pakwheels meet this evening with the owner of the website as he will be in peshawar after sometime, travelling all the way from karachi (Around 1500kms of journey)

Note from Mods : Please avoid SMS language (gr8 = great, wud = would, etc). Take a look at this thread (Expected Posting Etiquette) for details. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st August 2009 at 22:23. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Old 31st August 2009, 17:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Welcome To Team-Bhp PanicSlayer

Please make sure that you read through our board rules as we are very particular about them.

Have a pleasant stay
Old 31st August 2009, 20:13   #25
BHPian

Hey Panic Slayer,

Can you share some dope on the Karakoram highway that starts from your hometown? I keep reading/hearing that its by far the most scenic roadtrip in the world. It's on my things to do before I die list. Hope Indo -Pak relations enable me to actualise this goal.
Old 1st September 2009, 01:56   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin Mathur View Post
Hey Panic Slayer,

Can you share some dope on the Karakoram highway that starts from your hometown? I keep reading/hearing that its by far the most scenic roadtrip in the world. It's on my things to do before I die list. Hope Indo -Pak relations enable me to actualise this goal.
We are arranging an event of crossing that whole strip going to china and then back. We will have load of snaps and would love to share with you guys along with the details
Old 3rd September 2009, 00:17   #27
BHPian

welcome dude and have a nice stay.
Since you are already a moderator of another car forum,you must have gone through our forum rules.right ?

See u in some threads.bye
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks