Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2005, 13:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranil
Dear Gunbir,

Hi and welcome. Glad to have one more expert.

One questyion immeditely to you, . This has been bothering me quite a mlot.

I have also a Getz GLS

Question is What should be the fron install to get nice warm and not so punchy sound.

Problem is

1. No AMPS and SUBS , IMHO GETZ a too small car to loose the space on AMP and SUB.

2. HU is 7750 Pioneer ( got down through a friend)

3. Budget is 10000 for Speakers and installs.

What I would prefer is no lines visible at all in the car

Hi Pranil. I can suggest a nice install for you. Your HU is fine. Get a small footprint 4 ch amp (I can suggest our Audison SRx4, though there are others). Install it either under one of the front seats (which I dont like personally) or better, in the boot. In the Getz boot, you can mount a small amp on one of the side boards (the plastic cladding on the sides which hides the suspension struts) or if you wanna go stealth... behind the cladding. this way you will lose nothing of your boot space.

Now the subwoofer... get a shallow 8" or 10" sub which works well in IB (Infinite Baffle). You know the cardboard kinda board which covers your spare wheel, you can replace that with an .75" mdf board cut to the same shape. Right in the middle of the spare wheel cavity, make the cutout for the sub and drop it in flush... the sub will use the wheel well as an enclosure and again, you dont lose any boot space. cover with carpet and you're in business. this you can keep your spare wheel and your boot space...

In case you're still just looking for a front soundstage, There are some good products in the market but from what you described you like a nice laid back sound with warm treble and not shrieking loud sound typical of products widely available in India. Also, if not using an external amp, make sure the speakers you buy are fairly sensitive... like over 90db. The more the better, as they will have more output from the same amount of power from your HU

Look at our Hertz - Energy ESK165 or Hi-Energy HSK165. Of course, installation makes the difference so make sure you have a good installer who can do the speaker rings and sound deadening on your doors.
Old 10th September 2005, 14:07   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Holy Crap!! Hooollyyyyyyy Crap! lol
Hey Sam, we havent met but I know you by reputation... I hear you are in Delhi nowdays... We should meet.

BTW if you though my cars install was impressive... you guys aint seen nothing yet...

Here's a sneak peek at one of our installs. Its a Merc C class. Masterminded and implemented by my partner, the mad scientist, Mr Jasdeep Brar...

Its complete and all... I am only showing you a bit cuz... its more fun this way.. lol

Can you guys identify the equipment... this is just the boot...

C Class SB - Boot

another pic

and another one
Old 10th September 2005, 14:44   #18
BHPian

sh*t, thats a truckload of decibels right there....
i am thinking the mods would have to open an entirely new car audio section if even one more audiophile comes here.
i would love to read you, gunbir, sam and navin make t-bhp more interesting...
Old 10th September 2005, 15:01   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice work. Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you are here and though i'm in mumbia now, I will be in New Delhi in the next few days and I'd like to meet.
Old 10th September 2005, 15:05   #20
BANNED

Hey Gunbir/Sam?Navin,

Check out my system layout in a new thread I have posted and tell me what you think.

Its in Formal Intro -Viper

Viper
Old 10th September 2005, 15:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
gunbir....I know this is not a SQ question but please bear with an old man...

I want to add a Alpine CHS 634S changer and aslo my ipod to my Alpine 9833 and 9830.

For this I need the following:
Alpine KCA 410C and Alpine KCA 420i. I cant find these in Mumbai. Can you help.
Hey Navin(ji), I called a dealer friend of mine and he can send you the Ipod interface, he quoted roughly 10k for it. He will have to check up on the dual-CDChanger interface though. Let me know if thats a comfortable price (I have no idea what the going price for this) and I will give you the dealers details.

Cheers
Old 10th September 2005, 15:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir

Now the subwoofer... get a shallow 8" or 10" sub which works well in IB (Infinite Baffle). You know the cardboard kinda board which covers your spare wheel, you can replace that with an .75" mdf board cut to the same shape. Right in the middle of the spare wheel cavity, make the cutout for the sub and drop it in flush... the sub will use the wheel well as an enclosure and again, you dont lose any boot space. cover with carpet and you're in business. this you can keep your spare wheel and your boot space...

Look at our Hertz - Energy ESK165 or Hi-Energy HSK165. Of course, installation makes the difference so make sure you have a good installer who can do the speaker rings and sound deadening on your doors.

Dear Gunbir ,
That Was very nice. Imemediately taking up the idea of Comps and Woffer in Spare wheel area.

Few more questions though.

1. Where can I see the products in PUne/Navi Mumbai/Mumbai- Preference in that order.

2. How much are the HSK 165 .

3. What is the diffrence between H and E lines. I could only make out the 91/92 DB diffrence and higher RMS wattage. Any change in the tonality

4. How much the door treatment will cost. and time taken - One of my frinds car was for 4 days in workshop just for sound deadning of all four doors ( Octy RS) and again who can do it.
Old 10th September 2005, 16:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

1. Where can I see the products... We have just launched the products in North India and are currently in the process of appointing dealers. We wont get around to appointing dealers in your area for a while. However, here's a workaround... find the best installer in your area and we will work through him. If possible, we may come down there to supervise.

2. How much are the HSK 165... Rs. 13800 and the ESK is for Rs. 8170

3. What is the diffrence between H and E lines... Yes. The HSK is more mature, cleaner, tighter. If they are within your budget, I recommend the HSK. The ESK is very nice for the price.

4. How much the door treatment will cost... Depends. No it doesnt take 4 days to do the damping (unless its a very very extensive job). We have damping materials from Italy. Costs depend on how you damp and what quality of material you use. You will mainly damp your front doors (behind your midbass and the door panels) and hatch door (inside the hatch door, your sub will rattle this). Approx cost could be around Rs. 3000-10000 based on quality.

5. Cabling... keep a budget for cables. You will need 2 x 6m (FT2600 - Rs. 760 x 2) RCA cables. One amp wiring kit (FPK300 - Rs. 2190). See connection audison website for details.

PM me your address and I will send you brochures and info for everything.
Old 11th September 2005, 00:43   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here's a sneak peek at one of our installs. Its a Merc C class. Masterminded and implemented by my partner, the mad scientist, Mr Jasdeep Brar... [/url]
Jasdeep Brar! i should have guessed. I heard of him! word get around. ask Sam. when anyone is doing someting unusual i get wind.
Old 11th September 2005, 00:51   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
..., he quoted roughly 10k for it. He will have to check up on the dual-CDChanger interface though.
Cheers
he's nuts. the list price is $99 for the 420i. the mumbai dealer quoted me 6K only he's been slow to respond.

i'll pay 5-6K if he wants not 10K (60-100% more).
Old 11th September 2005, 02:38   #26
BHPian

Hey Gunbir,
Thats an awesome install .. Mc amps .. Mc Power Conditioner ... looks like 2 X 1.5 Farad Caps ..
Image Dynamic Subs ...
Well I am sure its been wired by Monster ..
But how did u manage to use the OE head unit in the car ...

Equipment which was installed in one of of my cars which is now lying Box packed to be refitted in a SUV (when the Toyota Fortuner arrives)

Nak MB-100
PPI 5 channel Active Xover..
1 X 1 Farad Cap
2 X 1.5 Farad Cap
2 sets Kicx PRO Series 6" components
2 Ample Audio 15 " Subs
2 10" Aluminium Mid Base Woofers
Driven by
1 Earthquake Digital Amp 1 x 2000W rms
1 Precision Power Amp 1 x 1000W rms
1 100 rms X 4 Ample Audio Amp
Upgraded Battery and Alternator
Wired by AudioPlus Cables ..

Cheers
Old 11th September 2005, 09:54   #27
BHPian

Those woofers look solid and beautiful. Looking at the rubber surrounds, it appears they have a good Xmax for some serious thumping. Great! Great!
Old 11th September 2005, 10:42   #28
BHPian

InBOX full

Dear Gunbir,

Your inbox is fuill. NO PM possible.

MODS... If possible pls. assign bigger inbox to the advisors
Old 11th September 2005, 12:15   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO6
Hey Gunbir,
Thats an awesome install .. Mc amps .. Mc Power Conditioner ... looks like 2 X 1.5 Farad Caps ..
Image Dynamic Subs ...
Well I am sure its been wired by Monster ..
But how did u manage to use the OE head unit in the car ...
Actually those are Brax caps. Wiring isnt Monster, wouldnt dare use mass market cables with this equipment. Silversonic Cables, WBT connectors (even WBT soldering)... all exotic...

HU Not OE... have a look
Old 11th September 2005, 13:26   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
he's nuts. the list price is $99 for the 420i. the mumbai dealer quoted me 6K only he's been slow to respond.

i'll pay 5-6K if he wants not 10K (60-100% more).
Hey Navin,

Can supply both the products you need. The Ipod adapter will cost approx 6-6.5k and the Cd Changer interface for around 10k. By The Way incase you dont already know you do not need the ipod interface if you are going in for the Changer interface as the ipod can be connected to that.

Let me know if interested. PM or call me.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 11th September 2005 at 13:29.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks