Team-BHP > Introduce yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2010, 22:11   #1
BHPian

Bonjour BHPians...

Good morning Team BHPians,

Very pleased to be here as I got rejected first time for casually writing my SOP (Statement of Purpose) to be here

My parents chose a name Dharmesh out of 1100 names Lord Shiva enjoyed.....My janamabhumi (Place of Birth) is beautiful Valley of God in Himachal Pradesh. My karambhmi (Place where you earn your bread & buttter) has been Gujarat & Maharashtra. Gujarat gave me an official ticket to get into 9-5 tribe whereas Maharashtra hugged me in 2003 when I was coming out of 911 crash...

I am born on April 1st & that has always given me a great excuse to not throw a Birthday bash ofcourse.

I studied Chemical Engineering at SVRCET, Surat (Now National Institute of Technology of Gujarat state). I joined Alfa Laval, a world leader in Heat transfer & Centrifugation technologies. 80% of world's ships have their Centrifuges which cleans Lube oils round the clock & Heat exchangers that convert sea water into drinking water. I worked in edible oil refining domain across India.

I moved to Malaysia in 2006 after being hired by a North American firm for their first Biodiesel project in Asia. Those who drive diesel cars must be well aware of the name "Biodiesel". I will talk about the subject more in other relevent topics.

I am in "Biofuels" from 2006 onward & I wish that I be able to bring real facts related to Biofuels & myths/realities to fellow Team BHPians.

Chose to return back to desh in 2007 & landed in a job with World's leading 'Bioethanol" technology provider PRAJ Industries Ltd. Now those who drive petrol cars need not be given the details about Bioethanol. I will talk about that in a relevent forum.

First official steering I holded in my hand was of a Maruti Omni way back when I was just learning to walk. Trend was followed by holding the steerings of a Tata 407 & Mahindra Pickup (My uncle owned them & had a wish that we learn to drive soon as neither my dad nor my uncle ever chose to hit the paddle ever".

First official full time car that I had was a Proton Wira 1.5 Liter 4 Speed Automatic during my stay in Malaysia. Company rented it for me & paid for gasoline as well which costed just 1.9 MYR/Liter (Approx. 22 Rs) that time. It was fun to enjoy the beaches of Kuantan (Resort town where I enjoyed my 1 year stay on a Biodiesel project). I also had my first official On road accident (I didnt hit nyone but a biker banged in my car, I have the photos & will post them soon). I have to mention here that 10 Hours mandatory lectures that I had to attend in Malaysia to get the Driving permit made me understand the diffrence between Solid white line & a broken white line in the center of the road. I now believe that before getting a driving license, everyone must be forced to attend such mandatory sessions. Unfortunately in India people rarely understand what road signals means & that is why we see so much of chaos every day.

My current car is a Salsa Red colored Tata Indica Xeta GLS 1.2 Liter 5 Manual which has got a beautiful interior done on customized basis by a Punjabi friend of mine in Pune who owns 'Car Cupid". I will post photos of my car soon

I love to drive 2 wheelers as well & had crushes on LML Vespas & Bajajs. My father owned a Bajaj Super which had imported engine parts & even mechanic of my town admired the machine. I learned to drive scooter on that machine only. First crush was followed by a Bajaj Chetak 12 Volt. I grew up vertically & that made me realize that LML Vespa NV SPL is the right machine for me though I never owned one. I bought a LML Select which had watch in its instrument cluster. I sold it & bought a Bajaj 12 V Electronic which successfully crossed Rohtang Pass (13,051 feet height) in April 2002 with me & my friend. I will write a detailed note on that in a relevent forum. One might be guessing that how come I hopped onto so many 2 wheelers but fact is that I once dabbled into 2 wheeler sale/purchase integrated with modification/rebuilding kind of stuff. I used to buy scooters at low prices, modify & upgrade them & then sell them. That way I used to get a chance to feel different scooters & same time make decent money. Currently I own a Red colored Kinetic Sym Flyte 125 CC automatic. A post will follow on that as well.

I have driven 2 wheelers in interiors of Himachal & love Mountain biking. Other hobbies are Kite flying, video games on any platform, Computers & Biofuel ofcourse.

I think this much of introduction is more than sufficient. Anyone who has got interest to know more about Biofuels is Welcome to send me PM if TEAM BHP allows that.

Bon Voyage,
Dharmesh

Note from mod: Please do not use more than 2 smileys per post. Go through the rules and announcements section before posting

Last edited by tsk1979 : 2nd March 2010 at 13:17.
Old 22nd February 2010, 10:09   #2
BHPian

That's a well written intro Dharmesh. Just keep in mind that you can only use 2 smileys in a post. So head over to the announcement section and go through all the rules

When I had been to Malaysia, I saw so many Proton cars out there. I guess that company might be selling the highest number of cars out there.

O.T : When I saw a Swift there, I asked my driver why there were so less Swift's out there? He mentioned that the Swift there is as expensive as the Innova, so people generally don't go for it.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:23   #3
BHPian

Bonjour Dharmesh! Neat intro! Do post about Biofuels in the respective section. Will help a lot, especially to lazy students who'd love to get their project work cut short!

See you around!!

Cartman
Old 22nd February 2010, 18:50   #4
BHPian

Welcome co-worker

Now there are 2 Prajites on Team BHP !!
Old 1st March 2010, 14:19   #5
BHPian

Thanks everyone...

Hello all,

First of all, Let me Wish you all A Happy Holi...The festival of color & joy...

Sorry for being late to revert back...I just got a chance/got an update today only about the sweet messages that I got....from all of you.

In chrono order...I will address you all:-

Dear Prateek: Thanks for the remarks & the advise about the rules . I am still learning rules & regulations here on this platform & will definitely improve asap.

Dear cartman: Thanks for appreciation. During my Brasil visit, I realized how much it can change the whole economics of fuel & energy in a country if efforts are full hearted. Beside that, you wont believe how sweet & mesmerizing the air aroma becomes in a parking bay in a country where people drive their cars on Ethanol. I am definitely going to write about Biofuel soon...unfortunately in India, we have less land but more people which makes things very difficult in this domain honestly speaking.

Hi Amogh: Thanks for the post. Its a pleasure to have "Pune's First Official Fiat Grande Punto owner" receiving you onboard Anyways, that reminds me, I & Ninad notice a Punto driving on Chandani Chowk to Pirangut road everyday with "Changed tyres 4 times in 14,000 KM" note written on his Rear Window wiper. Guy seems very frustrated. Was thinking of clicking the car & posting it on the forum for discussion but it really sound strange...

Well, I strongly suggest you all to get Discovery Turbo (Available on my Tatasky) subscribed. What a lovely dedicated channel for automobile lovers....just got it subscribed yesterday only...A pure delight for all of us for sure....

Cheers,
Dharmesh

PS:Just before posting this reply, noticed the "Notification Type" which was at "Weekly Notification" mode, reason that I am late to revert back to you all...need to explore Team-BHP forum function/tricks/tweaks better
Old 1st March 2010, 15:27   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Anyways, that reminds me, I & Ninad notice a Punto driving on Chandani Chowk to Pirangut road everyday with "Changed tyres 4 times in 14,000 KM" note written on his Rear Window wiper. Guy seems very frustrated. Was thinking of clicking the car & posting it on the forum for discussion but it really sound strange...
Well, it's already posted on TBHP in this topic. Check page 6 for details.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...cs-pg-6-a.html

Quote:
Well, I strongly suggest you all to get Discovery Turbo (Available on my Tatasky) subscribed. What a lovely dedicated channel for automobile lovers....just got it subscribed yesterday only...A pure delight for all of us for sure....
You can take part in the discussion about the same here. It's High time Tata Sky starts giving us the choice to subscribe a single channel and not the whole bunch. I just want this channel but don't want to shell out unnecessary bucks on the other 12 channels I hardly see.
Old 1st March 2010, 20:50   #7
BHPian

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for the update. We were really puzzled & were putting our head to understand the issues. By the way, the guy whom I mentioned in my earlier note 'I & Ninad", to just let you know he is a PhD in Chemical Engineering from University of Colorado & more important, his dad is Head of R&D (Engines) at Fiat India. His dad is the person who get all the engines of Fiat through ARAI testings & procedures, a very lively young man of 60. we envy him for his job profile for sure. Since the matter was related to Fiat car, we even started doing more due diligence. If a driver is bad, he can spoil many other things but not tyres unless he drives on real bad roads. So we figured out that it was not the issue with how the Owner is treating his car. Well thanks for resolving the mystery for us. We drive to our office (30 Km one way) in Ninad's Maruti Suzuki Swift VDI & what a car that one is....we check mileage on regular basis & it is always 19-20 Km/Liter. Fiat make good engines but sometime not able to do justice with those beautiful machines in their own cars. I have heard bad reviews of Linea as well due to similar issues.

I forgot to answer one point that you mentioned about Swift prices in Malaysia. Yes you are right, when I was there, it was priced almost double than what it was priced in India. Petrol version was for some 8.5- 9 Lakh at that time's Ringgit to Rupee conversion rates. But they have Tata/Mahindra showrooms in Malaysia & that used to give me a good feel.

There was a typo in earlier post..."written on his Rear Window wiper" wiper is written by mistake
Old 1st March 2010, 22:11   #8
BHPian

Hey Buddy! welcome aboard
Old 1st March 2010, 23:39   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post
Hey Buddy! welcome aboard
Thanks Reisender....stay in touch.
Old 2nd March 2010, 13:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

Hey, a Frenchman on board! Just kidding bro, welcome to the forum.
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:56   #11
Team-BHP Support

Hi dharmeshmahajan,

Loved your intro!

Hope to see some interesting contributions from you in the fields of your expertise.

cya around,
R
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:26   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Hey, a Frenchman on board! Just kidding bro, welcome to the forum.
Thanks Jayabusa....finally I managed to get into civilization Hope I will learn more from more civilized senior citizens here

Regards,
Dharmesh
Old 3rd March 2010, 15:41   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi dharmeshmahajan,

Loved your intro!

Hope to see some interesting contributions from you in the fields of your expertise.

cya around,
R
Thanks Rehaan. I strongly believe that sharing the knowledge always results in great discussions followed by better understanding of the subject discussed. If people will ask me more questions about the subject in which I feel I have managed to learn slightly more than rest of the crowd, I will be able to evaluate where I stand & that will definitely make me explore more unchartered destinations. Meanwhile this way I will be able to think with new perspectives as everyone here loves engines which end of the day run from fuels & fuel is what we are trying to make from renewable stuff.

End of the day, they will teach me something & they will learn something (Hopefully).

Regards
Dharmesh
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:32   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Welcome onboard Dharmesh. Which part of Himachal you are from?
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:49   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Welcome onboard Dharmesh. Which part of Himachal you are from?
Thanks Mobike008. I am from Mandi, Geo co-ordinates 31.72°N 76.92°E, approx. 3500 feet above mean sea level, a place just 60 kms before Kullu & 105 Kms before Manali, approx. 240 Kms from Chandigarh & 450 Kms from New Delhi.

Leh is accessible by road from my home town via Manali & is just a 700 Kms approx drive. Planning to drive to Leh (Childhood ambition, to cross World's highest motorable road) very soon on a SUV. I have already crossed Rohtang Pass on a Bajaj 12 V Electronic Scooter with 8 feet snow on both side in April 2002. It was one of the deadliest things I ever did without knowing the implications, crash landed in Glacier water stream at around 9:30 PM in the night, just 8 Kms before Khoksar as water made a channel across the road which was not visible on that dark night & the drive was meant only for 4X4 high clearence MUV/SUVs only. .

Hope that is sufficient information.

Regards
Dharmesh
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks